Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

My old laptop is falling apart! Today the n key fell off, and the guy said to fix it we would need to replace the whole keyboard due to the age of the computer. Dammit. I can live without an "n"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old laptop is falling apart! Today the n key fell off, and the guy said to fix it we would need to replace the whole keyboard due to the age of the computer. Dammit. I can live without an "n"

Happened to my first laptop. Most of the left side was paralyzed so I would go to the forum and highlight an "a" and just copy and paste it when I needed it. I did that for a couple of weeks until I decided just to buy a loose keyboard for $10.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)

I had to use a busted keyboard like that for a little while once. I forget what key was dead, but I just kept it in clipboard memorey and pasted it in every time I needed it. It would have driven me nust if I had to do it for more than a couple days.

The three remaining summer workers for the school district that do mowing and moving (i. e. me and two buddies) had just gotten done moving stuff into a band room. We were tellin the janitors good bye and they were thanking us for help over the summer (gotta keep em happy). One janitor, since it was our last week, whipped out her wallet and gave us 20 bucks for a McDonald's breakfast. So, here I am, in an 88 chevy van at the McDonald's drive thru, asking for a SEC biscuit, SEC bagel, SEC mcgriddle and 6 apple pies.

Today was a good day.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 10:42 PM)
I had to use a busted keyboard like that for a little while once. I forget what key was dead, but I just kept it in clipboard memorey and pasted it in every time I needed it. It would have driven me nust if I had to do it for more than a couple days.

I am seriously thinking of getting a new computer and switching over to the dark side (mac).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 09:46 AM)
Flaxx will be happy.

Yeah, truth is, I just don't want to deal with windows anymore. Much less Vista. And I don't mind macs, I think they're pretty intuitive. And I'll mostly just need the damn thing for writing (which makes the crappy keyboard even worse).

Well, that and playing iTunes, of course. Can they migrate my songs (that are on a pc) to a mac?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 01:54 PM)
Yeah, truth is, I just don't want to deal with windows anymore. Much less Vista. And I don't mind macs, I think they're pretty intuitive. And I'll mostly just need the damn thing for writing (which makes the crappy keyboard even worse).

Well, that and playing iTunes, of course. Can they migrate my songs (that are on a pc) to a mac?

Yes.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)

I use a remote keyboard and mouse most of the time I use my laptop. My new machine has bluetooth built in, so I bought a blue tooth set up. But you should be able to pick up a cheap keyboard and just plug it in. I also place my notebook on a stand which elevates the display to be more like a desktop.

At the minimum, it is a cheap and quick fix to this problem.

BTW, after playing with my son's new Mac laptop, I really did not like the keyboard, but the rest of the machine seemed nice. I still would stay with a PC, at my advanced age, why relearn commands and such?

So an odd thing happened to some Bekins drivers... We booked the Hogan move from Miami to California. The drivers have been there packing and loading for a couple days and everything is fine. Then jag bag Nick shows up and soon after out of the blue the cops show because he makes an accusation of “stolen jewelry”. The Bekins driver has the presence of mind to say “Hey, I’m here and all my men are here and our equipment. We agree to a search without a warrant.” Lined em all up, did the search and they are clean….turns out the butler did it!! Hulk ends up popping open a few brewskys and shared them with the “Bekins Team”. Wonder if that will make an episode of "Hogan knows best".

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
So an odd thing happened to some Bekins drivers... We booked the Hogan move from Miami to California. The drivers have been there packing and loading for a couple days and everything is fine. Then jag bag Nick shows up and soon after out of the blue the cops show because he makes an accusation of “stolen jewelry”. The Bekins driver has the presence of mind to say “Hey, I’m here and all my men are here and our equipment. We agree to a search without a warrant.” Lined em all up, did the search and they are clean….turns out the butler did it!! Hulk ends up popping open a few brewskys and shared them with the “Bekins Team”. Wonder if that will make an episode of "Hogan knows best".

Who is Nick?

QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 09:14 PM)

Yeah, who eeds that dam letter a yway?

ext thi g you k ow, people will be telli g me we ca 't ma age without some OTHER letters, too!

We eed to sta d up and U ITE agai st this i sa ity, Soxy!!!

ALL FOR O E, and O E FOR ALL!!!!

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
Dress up games | Car Finance | Insurance-owl information Centre | Myspace Layouts | Remortgages

I'm straight up concerned for soxtalk now. Why would I insure my owl?

You'll notice he went right past the "Dress up games" one.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)

LOL.. Made TMZ...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/17/the-hulksters-bling-burgled/

QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
Yeah, who eeds that dam letter a yway?

ext thi g you k ow, people will be telli g me we ca 't ma age without some OTHER letters, too!

We eed to sta d up and U ITE agai st this i sa ity, Soxy!!!

ALL FOR O E, and O E FOR ALL!!!!

Haha!

My lab partner saved the day. I bought a new keyboard for it on eBay, and she is a whiz and can replace it. Problem solved (and for under $30).

I saw a commercial for that upcoming "Cavemen" series this morning - did they not even hire the same guys from the Geico commercials?

It didn't look like them. That is the only thing that could make this idea any worse - it's bad enough to base a series on a commercial, but then to hire someone else to play the guys from the commercial?? Dumb.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
I'm gonna drink tonight.

I'm so proud of you!!!

I bought a new pillow today. Kohls has a half price sale going on, so I bought me a fancy ass pillow. I needed a new pillow, so I decided to go for something nice for once.