Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last issue of Maxim came today. It is like the end of an era. Been a subscriber since 2000 when I was at SIU. The magazine has gone down the past few years but have kept the subscription cuz it is so cheap. Decided to move on. Sad thing is, I have never thrown out an issue. I have all of them in boxes.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)
My last issue of Maxim came today. It is like the end of an era. Been a subscriber since 2000 when I was at SIU. The magazine has gone down the past few years but have kept the subscription cuz it is so cheap. Decided to move on. Sad thing is, I have never thrown out an issue. I have all of them in boxes.

I bought issue #2 off the rack in like 1995. Jill Hennessey on the cover.

Kept it for awhile, then tossed it away. Saw it the other day selling on eBay for like $100. :crying

Sister ended up in the hospital today due to carbon monoxide poisoning at her apartment. The level in her apartment was up to 66 when the firemen got there. Kind of a scary day for all.

It started when they didn't have a carbon monoxide detector in their apartment when they got in yesterday (which is apparently a felony), then when asked to check on the situation since the one they put in went off, they replaced it with a broken one that had no batteries in it.

You can take a guess what's coming next.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 01:05 AM)
Sister ended up in the hospital today due to carbon monoxide poisoning at her apartment. The level in her apartment was up to 66 when the firemen got there. Kind of a scary day for all.

It started when they didn't have a carbon monoxide detector in their apartment when they got in yesterday (which is apparently a felony), then when asked to check on the situation since the one they put in went off, they replaced it with a broken one that had no batteries in it.

You can take a guess what's coming next.

:o

Wow. I hope everybody is ok.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 28, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
I bought issue #2 off the rack in like 1995. Jill Hennessey on the cover.

Kept it for awhile, then tossed it away. Saw it the other day selling on eBay for like $100. :crying

Really? Hmmmmmmmm.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2007 -> 01:14 PM)
Just learned that one of the other grad students in my department died over the weekend.

There is nothing that is harder to accept than the death of someone so young. I had a roommate in college get killed by a drunk driver. It still stays with me to this day.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 08:39 PM)
There is nothing that is harder to accept than the death of someone so young. I had a roommate in college get killed by a drunk driver. It still stays with me to this day.

When I was about 10 or so, one of my best friends had (has) a little brother. One of his little friends used to come around a lot. A little bit later the little guy fell through the ice on Crystal Lake and died. He had to only be 5 or 6. I named my son after him. This was close to 30 years ago, but I never forgot that little kid.