Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My entire right leg is on fire.

Note to self, don't ever dive and than slide onto concrete (I was going after a play in softball and there were a bunch of runners on so I was going all out and didn't realize I was coming up onto concrete)

Now I am sitting at work and I swear my entire hammy is red...leg, knee..everything. Each time I spray bactine on it I have to run around cursing for a minute till the pain subsides (than I put myself through more torture with Pydroxide or whatever its called).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
My entire right leg is on fire.

Note to self, don't ever dive and than slide onto concrete (I was going after a play in softball and there were a bunch of runners on so I was going all out and didn't realize I was coming up onto concrete)

Now I am sitting at work and I swear my entire hammy is red...leg, knee..everything. Each time I spray bactine on it I have to run around cursing for a minute till the pain subsides (than I put myself through more torture with Pydroxide or whatever its called).

But that's how you get those multi million dollar softball contracts :cheers

An early understanding of growing up was missing a week of work after hurting myself in a Thanksgiving day football game where losers bought the beer.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 11:05 AM)

At least according to the guy I did my first responder training with...a lot of those disinfectants, like Hydrogen Peroxide or rubbing alcohol, tend to be much more than you actually need on most wounds. Those actually tend to kill some of the cells that would like to be regenerating themselves. In general, soap and water is more than sufficient for preventing infection.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 04:54 PM)
At least according to the guy I did my first responder training with...a lot of those disinfectants, like Hydrogen Peroxide or rubbing alcohol, tend to be much more than you actually need on most wounds. Those actually tend to kill some of the cells that would like to be regenerating themselves. In general, soap and water is more than sufficient for preventing infection.

Johnson and Johnson actually make an ouchless liquid that is easy on said cells.

With that said, im nervous for the readers of Pratt's paper.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
is it normal for people to mumble to themselves while in the computer lab?

WHY did I pick to sit right behind mighty mumbler?!?!?!

You're lucky you are not next to me. No mere mumbler, I am an outright profanity-laden computer shouter. If the computer is locking up, not doing what it should be doing or not playing nice, I will tell that muthahfµkker off. On days when I have things humming on two or three computers at the same time I can let fly a volly of profanity that would get me kicked out the Navy.

That said, I was just this week given the greenlight to purchase a $100K Magic Planet museum projection sphere for the oceanographic museum I'm running at my place of work. Yeah, I know, who in their right mind would give me $100K? Go figure. So between that monster and the six other digital interactives I'm developing for the exhibit gallery, I'm going to need to get a dictionary of new swear words just to keep things interesting. :)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
You're lucky you are not next to me. No mere mumbler, I am an outright profanity-laden computer shouter. If the computer is locking up, not doing what it should be doing or not playing nice, I will tell that muthahfµkker off. On days when I have things humming on two or three computers at the same time I can let fly a volly of profanity that would get me kicked out the Navy.

That said, I was just this week given the greenlight to purchase a $100K Magic Planet museum projection sphere for the oceanographic museum I'm running at my place of work. Yeah, I know, who in their right mind would give me $100K? Go figure. So between that monster and the six other digital interactives I'm developing for the exhibit gallery, I'm going to need to get a dictionary of new swear words just to keep things interesting. :)

good lord, that sounds like a spin off thread :P

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
Johnson and Johnson actually make an ouchless liquid that is easy on said cells.

With that said, im nervous for the readers of Pratt's paper.

Haha, I'm no fascist. I am unwilling to change anyone's content beyond making the headlines better and the writing better, but the message will always be intact, whatever the author wants that to be. :)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 12, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
Haha, I'm no fascist. I am unwilling to change anyone's content beyond making the headlines better and the writing better, but the message will always be intact, whatever the author wants that to be. :)

Yeah.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 05:33 AM)
is it normal for people to mumble to themselves while in the computer lab?

WHY did I pick to sit right behind mighty mumbler?!?!?!

Someone's not happy with their internet banking experience?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 01:57 AM)
Someone's not happy with their internet banking experience?

nah, I was in a computer lab at Penn State doing homework before class. She was sitting behind me mumbling...or reading out loud the words on her screen.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 04:44 PM)
I love the internet. I might never have known this

http://ibscrohns.about.com/cs/otherdiseases/a/greenstool.htm

I also learned that Lucky Charms is notorious for causing this. Cool! Another reason to eat a bowl. I wonder if there are any other colors I can shoot for.

try eating the berry flavored Lucky Charms :)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 11:28 PM)
Whatever happened to Michael J. Fox? He was everywhere for a while and now out of sight? Did he die?

No. He is alive. He'll do special guest spots on some shows now. I don't think he can act anymore for obvious reasons.