Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

Well, f*** you Kid. :)

So, my roommate didn't come back last nite. Here's a tale of two nights.

I chilled and watched Dirty Jobs til like 2, then I read some and went to bed. I flipped around the channels, and like at 330 on CSPAN 2 they had some guy debating the JFK assassination. Then, lo and behold, I see autopsy photos flash on the screen, including JFK laying on his back with a hole in his throat and his eyes and mouth open.

Tough to sleep with that burned into my retinas.

My roommate was hitting on a girl in a friends room. The friend and a girl were on the couch, while my roommate got into my friends bed with his girl. They proceed to have sex in the friends bed, and my roommate left the used condom under the friends pillow. The kicker? The friend isn't even pissed (and I know he's too lazy to wash his sheets).

Weird night.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My roommate was hitting on a girl in a friends room. The friend and a girl were on the couch, while my roommate got into my friends bed with his girl. They proceed to have sex in the friends bed, and my roommate left the used condom under the friends pillow. The kicker? The friend isn't even pissed (and I know he's too lazy to wash his sheets).

Tsk tsk.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
So you watch Dirty Jobs??? That would be the last show I would want to watch while sick. Though the Cob house was kind of neat, especially once built.

I love that show.

I don't go out a whole lot. I'm pretty reserved. Until an ISU game, of course.

Last VEISHEA I puked down a stairway and almost got into a fight. Before the Iowa - ISU game this year I passed out for three hours.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:43 AM)
Does getting wasted really add that much more enjoyment to any sporting event college football game? I've never understood it.

That's sort of how I feel about it. The only time I can remember being even close to drunk for a sporting event was a Marquette game last year, and that was because none of my close friends were going so I had to tag along with some "acquaintances" on the floor -- these guys were drinking lots and lots of rum and I ended up having a swig or two.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
That's sort of how I feel about it. The only time I can remember being even close to drunk for a sporting event was a Marquette game last year, and that was because none of my close friends were going so I had to tag along with some "acquaintances" on the floor -- these guys were drinking lots and lots of rum and I ended up having a swig or two.

Yeah, I agree for sporting events in general. I hated s*** like 'football block' back at school.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
Try this one.

I'm not even asking, by the way. I'm just going to assume you're looking for a new site to wax off to. ;)

LOL, i dont mind telling at all. My softball teams name is Cobra Kai, and as a joke I am burning the soundtrack for my team for "inspirational" music before the games. I was hoping the insert some wavs from the movie, but havent been able to find much, I will check that one out though, thanks

So I played softball for the first time in 14 months today. (Back problems forced me off my team, but they were really hurting for players today and I agreed to give it a try to prevent a forfeit).

I had a 2-RBI single and a grand slam in my first two at-bats.

Then...........the inevitable happened.

I pulled my right hamstring running out a possible double-play grounder. (I did beat the relay, so at least that)

Finished the game (flew out and grounded out my last two at-bats), but I'm hurtin' right now.

....it does indeed suck to get old, kids....

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
You're the best.... Around

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
Nothing's gonna ever keep you down!

Exactly. If that soundtrack doesnt inspire, what will?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:05 AM)
So I played softball for the first time in 14 months today. (Back problems forced me off my team, but they were really hurting for players today and I agreed to give it a try to prevent a forfeit).

I had a 2-RBI single and a grand slam in my first two at-bats.

Then...........the inevitable happened.

I pulled my right hamstring running out a possible double-play grounder. (I did beat the relay, so at least that)

Finished the game (flew out and grounded out my last two at-bats), but I'm hurtin' right now.

....it does indeed suck to get old, kids....

I hadnt played in 2 years before this year(I played every year after high school up until 2004) and I kind of had a feeling that my body wasnt going to recover the way it used to, so i started jogging before the season started to stretch my legs. I have a had a couple minor pulls and sprains this summer/fall, but nothing too major.

Another guy on my team blew out his hamstring pretty good literally minutes after saying "I used to be in track in college, but now i just come out here once a week and run around with you guys"

thats one hell of a comeback game though, Critic. 6 RBIs in two at bats is pretty good.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 08:41 AM)
I must say, that Star Wars Family Guy episode last night was one of the best animated shows I have seen in a long time. If you missed it, find it.

And I can't believe no one has yet mentioned the Chicago Simpsons episode - it even had a White Sox reference!

:headbang I only caught about the middle 30 minutes, but it was very well done. I loved how they could stay fairly loyal to the original and just by inserting enought Family Guy personality, it worked.

I must say, that Star Wars Family Guy episode last night was one of the best animated shows I have seen in a long time. If you missed it, find it.

Taped it and it helped me go to sleep a little fulfilled after that football game last night.

Slight turn to the left was a great maneuver. Some of the animation was awesome.

One question, when the Milenium Falcon sped up, who was the picture of that came up?

Also, doesn't Cartoon Network replay the new ones from Fox a few days later. People who missed it should keep their eyes open.

Edited by Brian

And I can't believe no one has yet mentioned the Chicago Simpsons episode - it even had a White Sox reference!

Of course it wasn't very flattering but it's kind of expected.

Overall I thought the Family Guy episode was a bit disappointing. I had very high hopes for it. It had its moments but I thought it had potential to be much better.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 09:21 AM)
Taped it and it helped me go to sleep a little fulfilled after that football game last night.

Slight turn to the left was a great maneuver. Some of the animation was awesome.

One question, when the Milenium Falcon sped up, who was the picture of that came up?

Also, doesn't Cartoon Network replay the new ones from Fox a few days later. People who missed it should keep their eyes open.

Cartoon Network announced at 10:00 CST before that night's episode that the replay would be in a few weeks.