Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 08:39 AM)
It is annoying that I use less electricity then last year and pay 30% more.

Who are you with? I went with Reliant's Wind Energy plan. Most of the time I'm paying .14 kw

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 07:39 AM)
It is annoying that I use less electricity then last year and pay 30% more.

Thankfully up here the electric has only had a minimal increase. Now the gas... that's an entirely different ballgame. :angry:

All of the Halloween candy has hit the shelves. I got really excited when I saw that Dots has a limited Ghost Dots. The box shows clear dots with faces. I had to buy them.

Sadly, upon opening, I realized I was tricked. The Dots are a clearish green tint, but there are no faces. I was rather upset by this revelation. I'm thinking of suing over false advertising. They hype up a mystery with every candy, since there are no colors to tell you if you are getting cherry, lime, orange, or whatever the final flavor is. The disappointment with each bite is almost too much for me to handle. I reach for my box of Dots, pull one out, get sad about there being no face, throw it into my mouth and "dang...I didn't want orange...I wanted cherry".

This is too much for me to take.

You have been warned.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 11:05 AM)
I don't have a choice. Electric Co-Op.

A friend of mine uses the Nueces Electric Co-Op which is an IEP as well. Hers is less right now, but there current prices where higher.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 06:28 PM)
I was reading the article in the Trib today about the rise in dental cavities and the effect bottled water (no flouride) has on it. So does anyone know if Brita or PUR water filters also removes the flouride in tap water?

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryhow...ovefluoride.htm

The answer is no, they do not remove fluoride.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistryhow...ovefluoride.htm

The answer is no, they do not remove fluoride.

Ah thanks. I will send that link to a friend that thinks Brita and PUR are worthless. He was under the impression the filters remove fluoride so he only drinks tap water.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Ah thanks. I will send that link to a friend that thinks Brita and PUR are worthless. He was under the impression the filters remove fluoride so he only drinks tap water.

You'd think that most toothpastes and mouthrinses have enough fluoride in them anyway, though. :huh

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
You'd think that most toothpastes and mouthrinses have enough fluoride in them anyway, though. :huh

I was going to make a gross teeth joke with a coinciding picture...but the google query nearly made me throw up.

Gross Teeth....Googled....I Dare you.

1) Seriously people...are you THAT surprised that your accounts are overdrawn if you don't keep a check book, don't check your online banking, and never deposit money in your account? and NO, I won't refund your fees.

2) My bank requires us to do quartly training online which this HORRIBLE jeopardy game to test us...I want to kill Alex Trebek

Where is this from?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

If you said John 3:16, of course I will award you partial credit.

But more importantly, it is the inscription on the back of the package of delicious Carolina County Snacks® Hot Old Fashioned

Fried Fat Back (with skin attached) Pork Crack'lins I'm enjoying here at my desk.

287602-289393-caThumb.jpg

The More You Know®

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
Where is this from?

But more importantly, it is the inscription on the back of the package of delicious Carolina County Snacks® Hot Old Fashioned

Fried Fat Back (with skin attached) Pork Crack'lins I'm enjoying here at my desk.

The More You Know®

Which proves that jewish people should eat pork, right? Y'know, cuz with Jesus being jewish and all.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
Where is this from?

The More You Know®

You are such a southerner. Chicharones :headbang