Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
Woohoo! I'm going to go see Tori Amos on Saturday!

She is fun in concert. My wife took me to go see her a while back when she played in the bandshell in Millenium Park, and I ended up liking it, even though I'm not terribly into her music.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
a sonic marriage made in activist heaven. Tori's cool, I'm just either too secure or too insecure in my manhood to listen. any opening acts?

I don't know if there are any opening acts. I didn't see any listed on her website so. . .I just love her songs, they're so honest.

Now the only currently touring act I really need to see is Bob Dylan. And then I think I can be happy. :)

Ebay is so lame...

I sold a bunch of junk, literally. And now I have someone giving me negative feedback because I clearly stated that I had no idea if the item worked. He complained there weren't batteries, which I never said there were nor did he ask.

People expect EVERYTHING on ebay to be in amazing shape and to be a steal. An auction/digital yardsale is never a guarantee, unless you ask questions and then you avoid the bad deals anyway.

am I a bad person for selling things that I didn't want and didn't know if it worked? one man's junk is another man's treasure, right?

what a jagoff.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Ebay is so lame...

I sold a bunch of junk, literally. And now I have someone giving me negative feedback because I clearly stated that I had no idea if the item worked. He complained there weren't batteries, which I never said there were nor did he ask.

People expect EVERYTHING on ebay to be in amazing shape and to be a steal. An auction/digital yardsale is never a guarantee, unless you ask questions and then you avoid the bad deals anyway.

am I a bad person for selling things that I didn't want and didn't know if it worked? one man's junk is another man's treasure, right?

what a jagoff.

I have had hundreds of positive transactions on ebay, and one bad one. It's up to you but I would offer a refund, less shipping and fees.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 05:08 PM)
I have had hundreds of positive transactions on ebay, and one bad one. It's up to you but I would offer a refund, less shipping and fees.

you can't retract negative feedback..so the bastard got his own medicine AND I'm not considering refunding anything.

I've had a bunch of great experiences too, everyonce and a while you get a hyperactive crazy person that is unrealistic.

seriously...I was selling minidisc player from like 1997. he won it for 5 bucks. Don't you think there might be one or two issues that you should look into? especially when I said..."I have no idea if this works or not"

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
you can't retract negative feedback..so the bastard got his own medicine AND I'm not considering refunding anything.

I've had a bunch of great experiences too, everyonce and a while you get a hyperactive crazy person that is unrealistic.

seriously...I was selling minidisc player from like 1997. he won it for 5 bucks. Don't you think there might be one or two issues that you should look into? especially when I said..."I have no idea if this works or not"

If it was 5 bucks, I don't think the guy should have his panties in a knot.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 08:52 PM)
So Tony Young(as in the Tony Young that played for SIU bball last year) got thrown out of one of our intramural football games today. :lol:

What the heck is he doing in Carbondale? Still taking classes?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 07:22 PM)
If it was 5 bucks, I don't think the guy should have his panties in a knot.

my thoughts exactly. whatever...

in other news:

I got this email from my brother last night:

I arrived home late tonight/early this morning at 1:15AM from a late night network change just in time to chase off two coyotes in the driveway....I know totally cool to see them 'cause they look neat right?...No...totally s***ty because I chased them away before they could finish eating the rear half of Milo. So please bow your heads in a moment of silence to remember that sad little misunderstood cat. Half of him is in a better place....half is in a tightly closed trash bag outside the house. Sorry for the gallows humor...I'm finishing my third beer and heading to bed.

Texas is CRAZY.

f-nnelly@btconnect.com

4aliibrahim@myway.com

Hello,

I am contacting you via your email address to keep our discussions private and confidential.

I am Ali Ibrahim Habib the only son of late Mr. Hamzeh A. Habib a retired Industralist/Businessman who served on appointment in the Ministry of Foreign Affair here in Iraq before he was killed by a bomb blast in the rising sectarian violence since the American invassion that outstered former President Saddam Hussein.

Due to my previledged education background, i have being asked by my mother to solicit your assistance to receive our money lodged by my late father before his assasination. You will help us receive the money from a european country in other to facilitate our relocation to a safe location outside Iraq.

My fathers relations have all shared all that was left behind by my late father. Fortunately for myself, my only sister and mother, our relatives are not aware of the money in europe which is the reason why my mother wants you to partner with us so we can introduce you as our Next of Kin and beneficiary to the amount.

The money is in total of US$16 Million and you are going to receive the first part of the money which is US$6 Million necessary to facilitate our relocation outside Iraq and there after you will proceed to collect the balance US$10 Million which would be used for Investment purpose necessary to support our life and education.

If you are not in a position to assist then i will advice that you RECOMMEND & INTRODUCE SOMEONE TO ME WHO YOU DEEM FIT AND CAPABLE TO ASSIST US.

I await your prompt reply.

Sincerely,

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 04:39 PM)
I'm afraid I don't have a privileged education background, I don't think I can reply.

Sweet! I'm game!

Seriously, IIRC, one time I believe Dateline or some show like that featured a guy who was spending time replying to these guys and saying that yes, they'd be happy to send him $200 to cover his check processing fees, but they need $50 first to get the process started. And he was actually getting responses.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Sweet! I'm game!

Seriously, IIRC, one time I believe Dateline or some show like that featured a guy who was spending time replying to these guys and saying that yes, they'd be happy to send him $200 to cover his check processing fees, but they need $50 first to get the process started. And he was actually getting responses.

So, you can actually scam a scammer huh?

:lol:

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 05:30 PM)
So, I just bought a rabbit. I guess literally it's still a bunny. Anyone got any helpful tips?

They litter box train very easily, that's good news. They also chew worse than any puppy. Be careful with anything they can reach. Rabbits are very cool pets. :cheers

I dropped a perfectly structured, perfectly put 178 word sentence on my Poli-Sci professor in a "B+" paper I wrote.

It was a B+ paper because I had an 80 word sentence in there at one point and a 178 word sentence, both of which were perfectly sound sentences but which betrayed the fact that I didn't edit as well as I could've or should've. (I wrote a seven page paper in four hours.)

It was a happy day. I got a big kick out of it when he said, "Dude, it's a fine sentence, but it's unnecessary!" Not in those words, of course. And then when I counted the words, I fell in love.

I also recently wrote a 113 word sentence for a non-academic venture.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 05:30 PM)
So, I just bought a rabbit. I guess literally it's still a bunny. Anyone got any helpful tips?

RABBIT STEW

1 three pound rabbit

6 small onions, chopped

1 bay leaf

½ cup chopped celery

2 tsp. salt

2 cups diced carrots

3 raw potatoes, cut up

3 tbs. flour

1 tbs. chopped parsley

Clean rabbit and soak in salted water. Drain, disjoint it in pieces for serving and place in a large kettle with onions, bay leaf, celery and salt. Cover with cold water and cook slowly until tender, about two hours. Add chopped carrots and potatoes and continue cooking until these vegetables are done. Smooth flour with a little cold water and add slowly. When thickened, add chopped parsley and serve.