Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 24, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles???

I posted the "trailer" for the show in the television thread. Looks nothing like it should if taking place after T2.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 24, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
Gotta go with this one. Take it back. Seinfeld will go down alongside with the true greats.

If we are talking the show, I agree. If we are just considering his standup, that's a crowded field and I'm not certain he'd be in my top 25.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 24, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
Ahhh! to this business statistics test that I've put off studying for until tonight (test is a 2:00 kickoff). Ahh! confidence intervals! Ahh! standard normal distributions! Ahh!

That is not a class I look forward to taking

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 04:49 AM)

I'm overexaggerating it's difficulty. I don't ever do the homework but have crammed before both tests and currently have something like an AB in the class (which is a B+, A-, or on the GPA scale, a 3.5). Just got done with about five hours going through a chapter and I got it. On that note, most math books piss me off because the examples they use in explaining it don't really help you out a whole lot when you're doing the problems. This book does a very good job of going through problems in the text that are very similar to the ones in the problems section.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 24, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)

I have Stats for Psychology Majors and the damn class is only offered during the day, and with the damn lab, it is impossible for me to take. Of course it is required for my major :angry:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
I have Stats for Psychology Majors and the damn class is only offered during the day, and with the damn lab, it is impossible for me to take. Of course it is required for my major :angry:

My wife taught stats for undergrad psych students, which she was getting her PhD. She claims her students actually liked her. I don't believe it.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 11:15 AM)
My wife taught stats for undergrad psych students, which she was getting her PhD. She claims her students actually liked her. I don't believe it.

I think that, when taught well, students often like their stats teacher.

Research methods, now, people never like their teacher for that. :snow

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 11:33 AM)
I think that, when taught well, students often like their stats teacher.

Research methods, now, people never like their teacher for that. :snow

Wrong. He's one of my favorite and I have him this semester for Theories of Learning and will probably take him again for Psy and Law.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
Wrong. He's one of my favorite and I have him this semester for Theories of Learning and will probably take him again for Psy and Law.

Is it research methods or tests and measures? Research methods is the suck.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 12:02 PM)
Is it research methods or tests and measures? Research methods is the suck.

research methods a few semesters ago. One of my all-time favorite classes. I was everyone's pain in the ass. I could find confounding in any proposal. Surprised? I also was popular for homework help. I loved the challenge of constructing experiments.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 02:49 PM)

I'll see u that and raise you with Financial Accounting Theory and Practice, learning about such fun things as "What is a theory?" and "What are the benefits of a good conceptual framework?"

At least my Stats exam was open book as well. :D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
My wife agrees. Well, she said it changed her in ways. Good ways she says. How about you?

It just makes me feel better about my life and how i should enjoy every minute of it. I've started to feel more optimistic about everything, and that i shouldn't worry all the time. I really just love the whole concept of the book, and i'd like to believe that life after death could be something like that. I'm completely fearful of death and i'm not really religious but this could get me to have faith in something, even though the book doesn't even really stress the idea of a God.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Oct 25, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
It just makes me feel better about my life and how i should enjoy every minute of it. I've started to feel more optimistic about everything, and that i shouldn't worry all the time. I really just love the whole concept of the book, and i'd like to believe that life after death could be something like that. I'm completely fearful of death and i'm not really religious but this could get me to have faith in something, even though the book doesn't even really stress the idea of a God.

Damn near exactly what she says. I told her i would read it.