Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

My Dad retired from the force today... Kinda shocking. He had 3 years left until mandatory retirement, and from what I heard from people he worked with and such, they thought they would have to pry his badge from his hands before he would ever retire. It's gonna be strange with him always around now. Plus, I was really surprised because he bought a bunch of new equipments just a year or so ago to.

Just thought I'd throw in my random thought for the day.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
I hear Jessica Alba is going to be naked in he newest movie that is coming out soon (forgot the name of it)... I've been waiting for this moment for the longest time. Now Scarlet Johanson has to follow as well as Eva Longoria.

She is not gonna be naked any time soon...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 06:46 PM)
She is not gonna be naked any time soon...

As ghey as this may sound, Jessica Alba is so sexy, cute, and bubbly, that gratuitous nudity could hurt her in my eyes.

Back under my rock I go.

Even though this is a nerd thing to do, Im gonna brag anyways that my 12 inch softball team just won the Fall league championships tonite. We smoked the first team 17-2, the second team we beat 13-9, and we won our championship game 13-12 in the 8th inning( extra inning in softball) after being down 11-0 in the 2nd inning. This is my first year playing after taking 2 years off, and I forgot how much fun it is to get out and compete a little bit, even though its not for anything but a neat little trophy. :)

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 11:39 PM)
Even though this is a nerd thing to do, Im gonna brag anyways that my 12 inch softball team just won the Fall league championships tonite. We smoked the first team 17-2, the second team we beat 13-9, and we won our championship game 13-12 in the 8th inning (extra inning in softball) after being down 11-0 in the 2nd inning. This is my first year playing after taking 2 years off, and I forgot how much fun it is to get out and compete a little bit, even though its not for anything but a neat little trophy. :)

Congrats, Kyyle!!

I really thought I'd miss the competition aspect of playing ball, since I was hyper-competitive in my younger days, but honestly the only thing I miss about softball is hanging out with the guys. Somehow talking to the other dads at the father/daughter school functions just doesn't bring the same kind of enjoyment as playing a game and downing some beers. OH, IT'S CLOSE, THOUGH..... :bang

My last season ended with our pitcher striking out the last out with the bases loaded and us leading by 2 in the 8th inning to win the championship.

I don't know how you take strike 3 on a full count for the 3rd out in the title game with the bases loaded trailing by 2, but the guy just stood there and watched it drop.

Good times.....

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 10:35 PM)
As ghey as this may sound, Jessica Alba is so sexy, cute, and bubbly, that gratuitous nudity could hurt her in my eyes.

Back under my rock I go.

Agree. She was crazy sexy in "Into the Blue".

QUOTE(The Critic @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 02:51 AM)
Congrats, Kyyle!!

I really thought I'd miss the competition aspect of playing ball, since I was hyper-competitive in my younger days, but honestly the only thing I miss about softball is hanging out with the guys. Somehow talking to the other dads at the father/daughter school functions just doesn't bring the same kind of enjoyment as playing a game and downing some beers. OH, IT'S CLOSE, THOUGH..... :bang

My last season ended with our pitcher striking out the last out with the bases loaded and us leading by 2 in the 8th inning to win the championship.

I don't know how you take strike 3 on a full count for the 3rd out in the title game with the bases loaded trailing by 2, but the guy just stood there and watched it drop.

Good times.....

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Sometimes softball gets a bad rap that it is full of people who cannot forget their high school years and are basically a bunch of red asses who argue everything and think they are in the world championships at all times. My team is just the opposite, its a bunch of guys who like to compete, but dont take it so seriously that we lose control. We really have a great bunch of guys, and it was such a good time all season. I have one more league playoff on this upcoming thursday, and then I will be done for the season.

Critic, I have a guy on my team who is famous for watching the 3rd strike drop in front of his face. I dont understand that either, especially in situations where you are supposed to swing, like the situation your pitcher was in. Softball is a hitting game, you have to be ready to hit.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 07:25 AM)
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Sometimes softball gets a bad rap that it is full of people who cannot forget their high school years and are basically a bunch of red asses who argue everything and think they are in the world championships at all times. My team is just the opposite, its a bunch of guys who like to compete, but dont take it so seriously that we lose control. We really have a great bunch of guys, and it was such a good time all season. I have one more league playoff on this upcoming thursday, and then I will be done for the season.

Critic, I have a guy on my team who is famous for watching the 3rd strike drop in front of his face. I dont understand that either, especially in situations where you are supposed to swing, like the situation your pitcher was in. Softball is a hitting game, you have to be ready to hit.

Speaking of pet peeves, that is one of mine right there. Why would you play softball if you didn't want to swing the bat? Unless the pitch is crazy bat, swing the freaking bat!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
Speaking of pet peeves, that is one of mine right there. Why would you play softball if you didn't want to swing the bat? Unless the pitch is crazy bat, swing the freaking bat!

No s***. That really irks me in our league.

/TRIPLE, BABY! :lol:

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 04:23 PM)
Random question for the board... anyone have any experiences with Ford dealerships in Chicago or the surrounding area they'd like to share? Any recommended dealers, or places to avoid?

I would avoid "Arrington's Ford Lemon Emporium".

Random question for the board... anyone have any experiences with Ford dealerships in Chicago or the surrounding area they'd like to share? Any recommended dealers, or places to avoid?

My dad's been dealing with Al Piemonte (sp???) in Melrose Park for the past 12 years. Bought all his trucks there and they've been very good to him.

Hirsch Ford in Michigan City is pretty good. They are a good dealership and they give a lot back to the community , that is if you wanted to drive all of the way out here... :)