Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
I called yesterday, left a voicemail.

I just got offered and accepted.

HOORAY NOT LIVING ON THE STREETS AFTER COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)

HOORAY NOT LIVING ON THE STREETS AFTER COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

Did you discuss posting privileges on Soxtalk? Don't be takin' a position that does not respect your need for posting :lol:

Congrats :headbang

It's rained pretty much all day today, well actually a steady drizzle, with an occasional shower. That might not seem like a big deal, but we got more rain today than they've seen around here in a few years put TOGETHER.

Kind of amusing to see everyone spinning out on the roads.

I woke to the trickling sound of running water this morning and I thought one of the toilets had overflown. When I sat up I realized the room was still dark at 8 am. I opened the blinds and there was no blazing sun in my eyes. It was raining, so I stood outside and just watched it for about 15 minutes.

I missed rain.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
It's rained pretty much all day today, well actually a steady drizzle, with an occasional shower. That might not seem like a big deal, but we got more rain today than they've seen around here in a few years put TOGETHER.

Kind of amusing to see everyone spinning out on the roads.

I woke to the trickling sound of running water this morning and I thought one of the toilets had overflown. When I sat up I realized the room was still dark at 8 am. I opened the blinds and there was no blazing sun in my eyes. It was raining, so I stood outside and just watched it for about 15 minutes.

I missed rain.

Welcome to Palm Desert!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)
Why specifically are they being canned?

where do I start?

2 months with little sign of improvement in job performance (this person was hired as a supervisor)

twice left a key in the door to a SECURE location (yeah, I work at a bank, fyi) overnight

co-workers have to clean up after this person and complain

insubordination pretty much every day (this person is older -6 months- than me so therefore thinks they know more than me, despire having 6 more years of banking experience than they do)

told me on two different occassions that they're "looking" for better opportunities

in general, they shouldn't have been hired. (not my call in the first place)

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
where do I start?

2 months with little sign of improvement in job performance (this person was hired as a supervisor)

twice left a key in the door to a SECURE location (yeah, I work at a bank, fyi) overnight

co-workers have to clean up after this person and complain

insubordination pretty much every day (this person is older -6 months- than me so therefore thinks they know more than me, despire having 6 more years of banking experience than they do)

told me on two different occassions that they're "looking" for better opportunities

in general, they shouldn't have been hired. (not my call in the first place)

Hopefully all of these things have been documented and it was communicated to them that they were on their last strike. If so, give them a brief recap of all the things they did wrong and all the steps you took along the way to try to help them improve. In these situations the goal is to have them realize that YOU are not firing them, but that they got themselves fired.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
Hopefully all of these things have been documented and it was communicated to them that they were on their last strike. If so, give them a brief recap of all the things they did wrong and all the steps you took along the way to try to help them improve. In these situations the goal is to have them realize that YOU are not firing them, but that they got themselves fired.

I have a sexy word document in front of me with all of those things you have just said.

buh-bye time.

I'm just not thrilled that I have to be the one to do it, because I have a manager above me that should be doing it.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:43 PM)
I have a sexy word document in front of me with all of those things you have just said.

buh-bye time.

I'm just not thrilled that I have to be the one to do it, because I have a manager above me that should be doing it.

Yeah, but it's great experience. Look at it as an opportunity and not as a hassle. Good luck Captain Hook.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 02:28 PM)

Boo. Everyone is growing up so fast. :crying ;)

Seriously though, congrats Steve, you can treat me to a lot of Sox games this season now. :)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 29, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
Did you discuss posting privileges on Soxtalk? Don't be takin' a position that does not respect your need for posting :lol:

Congrats :headbang

Seriously, I made that mistake and pretty soon I won't even be a top 10 poster, haha. Congrats Steve!!!!!

Freaking sweet. Flipping through the channels today and my cable provider added:

CNNHD

UPNHD (Dodgers/Angels/Lakers broadcasts)

FSNHD (not that it matters cause we had an HD feed for the games that just wasn't called HD)

TLCHD

TBSHD

DiscHD (DiscTheatre HD as well)

Animal Planet HD

HistoryHD

National Geographic HD

And most importantly...NFL HD (just in time for the Bears game this Thursday).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
Seriously, I made that mistake and pretty soon I won't even be a top 10 poster, haha. Congrats Steve!!!!!

The jury is out on that being a mistake or not.