Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
What is the deal with Texans? Are you from outer space or half lizard? My skin almost melted off as I dropped off my rental car at DFW.

Today's pretty warm, I'll give you that. And you should have warned us you were coming. The least we could have done was poor a beer over your head to cool you off. :lol:

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 04:10 PM)
What is the deal with Texans? Are you from outer space or half lizard? My skin almost melted off as I dropped off my rental car at DFW.

My car said the temp was 107 when I went to the corner store earlier, its insane.. I start sweating just thinking about going outside

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
So my step brother who is 8 months younger than me got offered an 85,000 dollar a year sponsorship from full tilt poker. :wacko:

Does he have an endorsement to spread genital herpes like you do?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 11:48 PM)
So my step brother who is 8 months younger than me got offered an 85,000 dollar a year sponsorship from full tilt poker. :wacko:

How did he get it? I assume that the "contract" is comprised of him just playing on Full Tilt and, whenever he plays publicly, to be decked out in Full Tilt gear.

If you can't tell, I'm jealous.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 07:47 PM)
Has anybody ever had friends get mad at them for hanging out with somebody that the group of friends didn't like? It's really a s***ty situation and i'm really steamed.

Yep, except it was a girl that none of my friends liked.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 05:43 PM)
So I feel like I have something caught in the back of my throat, basically trying to make myself throw up to get whatever it is to come up, and nothing. This is so much fun at 2:45 AM...

I was like that for the past 2 weeks, everyone in the office where I work basically had the flu considering it's winter and all, I was the last one to catch it. Fun times.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 03:43 AM)
So I feel like I have something caught in the back of my throat, basically trying to make myself throw up to get whatever it is to come up, and nothing. This is so much fun at 2:45 AM...

maybe it's a pubic hair

/Curb Your Enthusiasm joke

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
Has anybody ever had friends get mad at them for hanging out with somebody that the group of friends didn't like? It's really a s***ty situation and i'm really steamed.

Oh that brings back memories.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 11, 2007 -> 02:08 PM)
Have a good time all the time. That's my philosophy, Marty.

Mega cool points for identifying the quote WITHOUT Googling.

I would have made the same guess as PA, I guess this one is worth eleven points?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
All thought I will say a few days like that will explain a lot about Texans. Think of the old scrambled eggs/drugs commericials :ph34r:

That's one good thing about my job, June and July at the beach. Cool Gulf breezes every night.

My wife and I finally finished watching all of the Six Feet Under seasons last night. She didn't like the final episode.

SPOILER.

Well, she loved it until they got to the deaths, and she was really disappointed to see how Keith died. She thought the show should have ended at the dinner table with them all thinking about Nate. My thought was that whereas Everybody Loves Raymond was a show about life and ended perfectly with that one just continuing on, this was a show about death and should have ended with death, as it did. I liked the ending though.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 12:16 PM)
My wife and I finally finished watching all of the Six Feet Under seasons last night. She didn't like the final episode.

SPOILER.

Well, she loved it until they got to the deaths, and she was really disappointed to see how Keith died. She thought the show should have ended at the dinner table with them all thinking about Nate. My thought was that whereas Everybody Loves Raymond was a show about life and ended perfectly with that one just continuing on, this was a show about death and should have ended with death, as it did. I liked the ending though.

I agree with you. Every episode began with an on-screen death that became a vehicle to tell the story that week. It was only fitting that each of the stars had their on-screen death moment.

I miss that show.