2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 11:39 PM)
What a shocker....a couple of horrific defensive plays give the Cubs the lead. This season is just so predictable at this point (I have no clue why I didn't bet today that the Cubs would win and Brewers would lose).

come on fathom everyone knows the cubs pull out games with the help of passed balls and errors all the time!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 11:39 PM)
What a shocker....a couple of horrific defensive plays give the Cubs the lead. This season is just so predictable at this point (I have no clue why I didn't bet today that the Cubs would win and Brewers would lose).

You really need to chillax about the Cubs. The Cardinals are still on the charge, and even if the Cubs make the playoffs, the NL at least has a few good teams. I know your worried because of what the Cardinals did in 2005, but that's a once in a lifetime thing. Plus, the Cubs starting pitching really isn't 1/100th as good as people think and will be exposed in October if they get there. Relax, enjoy life.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 04:59 AM)
You really need to chillax about the Cubs. The Cardinals are still on the charge, and even if the Cubs make the playoffs, the NL at least has a few good teams. I know your worried because of what the Cardinals did in 2005, but that's a once in a lifetime thing. Plus, the Cubs starting pitching really isn't 1/100th as good as people think and will be exposed in October if they get there. Relax, enjoy life.

People were telling me to not worry when they were 8.5 games out, and I said I still thought they'd make the playoffs. Now, they're winning games in every possible manner. The question I have is, what team does have good pitching in the NL? I'll feel much happier when the Cubs season is over, as long as it's not winning their last game in the playoffs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 22, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)

:o

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 07:22 PM)
- Scott Rolen's defense right now.....not so good

- I have no idea how Arizona has a good record. Their lineup looks worse than the White Sox's lineup. I pray that the Cubs don't face them in the first round of the playoffs.

Especially with the way Zambrano's been pitching this season...it's going to be really really tough for any team to look at seeing the D-Backs with Brandon Webb going against them 2x in one series and expect to win 3/5. That's the one dominant pitcher formula, and the D-Backs have that right now.