2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 09:47 PM)
God is this awesome

Rick White-R- Mariners Sep. 5 - 10:18 pm et

Rick White was ejected from Wednesday's game the eighth inning for arguing balls and strikes.

Yeah, we're amazed he's still in the league, too.

Saw him pitch a few days ago. He bleached his goatee blond. Looks awful.

Dodgers have 1st and 2nd two out and Lowe at 87 pitches coming up. They have steller pen and let him hit after Marquis looked hittable for that inning.......the nthe cub has two lefties to start he bottom of the inning. Am I over simplifying managing but asking why not ph for Lowe?

Maroth wiggled out of the first and the Cards look to be hitting today. Could ease the defensive crap put out there by the White Sox.

Edited by Jenks Heat

Dempster blows the save, Dodgers beat the Cubs 7-4 with 4 in the 9th.

Cubs now in tie with MIL for 1st.

STL currently winning big, would be 1 game out if they win.

Cubs now going on a road trip where they will play 11 games in 10 days in 4 cities, including 4 games against STL (1 at home). Ouch.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
Andre Ethier, you are my hero sir. Typical Cubbie September loss, what a kick in the balls. Outstanding.

Reading the gamecast it sounds like the 9th of that game was as badly played by the defense. Looked like one ball was hit hard, the homer which could have been wind aided

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 04:36 PM)
Reading the gamecast it sounds like the 9th of that game was as badly played by the defense. Looked like one ball was hit hard, the homer which could have been wind aided

Lee had a ball hit the edge of his glove, but it was eventually ruled a hit (correctly), however it was not hit hard. Then, Ethier's home run was DEFINITELY wind aided. But Dempster got what he deserved and here is why:

Martin single: 0-2 pitch

Loney single: 0-2 pitch

Ethier homer: 0-1 pitch (on a belt high, down the middle pitch)

Sweeney single: 0-2 pitch

That is incredibly bad pitching ahead in the count, as bad as I've ever seen.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 05:33 PM)
So how long do they wait before they make the movie?

Marmol to closer? It's not the slam dunk everybody thinks when you consider that before today, Dempster had saved 14 in a row, plus how are we sure Marmol will handle the move well? I've seen young guys with great stuff in relief move to closer and have issues many a time before, not everybody can be Bobby Jenks.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
Marmol to closer? It's not the slam dunk everybody thinks when you consider that before today, Dempster had saved 14 in a row, plus how are we sure Marmol will handle the move well? I've seen young guys with great stuff in relief move to closer and have issues many a time before, not everybody can be Bobby Jenks.

Movie not move. Ankiel.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 6, 2007 -> 05:33 PM)
So how long do they wait before they make the movie?

You might want to hold that thought. This is news here and will probably get even BIGGER if true which looks to be the case.

Rick Ankiel received 12-month supply of HGH

I might as well put this in it's own thread as it will probably have more national exposure which is a shame for Rick as everyone is rooting for him to succeed.

Edited by SoxAce