2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 06:52 PM)
SI is reporting that Troy Glaus received multiple shipments of performance-enhancing steroids in 2003 and 2004 while with Anaheim. I can't believe Darin would let something like this happen on his watch!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/base...robe/index.html

And so it begins. I really wonder what the public's response is going to be when they find out that -- goodness! -- Barry Bonds and Jason Giambi weren't the only two doin' some ad things.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
SI is reporting that Troy Glaus received multiple shipments of performance-enhancing steroids in 2003 and 2004 while with Anaheim. I can't believe Darin would let something like this happen on his watch!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/base...robe/index.html

It will be interesting when the first significant White Sox name comes out.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
As long as it's not Thomas.

And what if it is? What if, say, Frank Thomas was clean, like Barry, until he got hurt, struggled, and decided, "f*** it, everyone else is doing it." What then? (Just playing devil's advocate -- not making any allegation.)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
Sabean and Purpura have built World Series teams.

Guess they'd be good GMs if they had won that Series. But it's all up to the players.

I'm glad Littlefield is gone. He's beyond bad.

Purpura didn't build s***. Gerry Hunsicker built that Houston team, retired after the 2004 season, and Purpura came on board, signed Roger Clemens halfway through the year, and watched the team catch fire.

And it's not hard to build a team when you have a top 3 hitter of all time putting up some of the best seasons baseball has ever seen.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
Purpura didn't build s***. Gerry Hunsicker built that Houston team, retired after the 2004 season, and Purpura came on board, signed Roger Clemens halfway through the year, and watched the team catch fire.

And it's not hard to build a team when you have a top 3 hitter of all time putting up some of the best seasons baseball has ever seen.

1. I'm being facetious.

2. TONY GWYNN is a better hitter than Bonds. (Truthfully, I think there are at least six guys I'd rank higher than Bonds. Tony Gwynn is not one of them. BUT HE IS NOW)

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
1. I'm being facetious.

2. TONY GWYNN is a better hitter than Bonds. (Truthfully, I think there are at least six guys I'd rank higher than Bonds. Tony Gwynn is not one of them. BUT HE IS NOW)

we get to argue Tony Gwynn again, eh? ;)