2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 03:00 AM)
Never would have thought that 4 runs would be enough after that early start. All things considered, the Brewers being 1 out right now isn't that bad.

I think you really need to put money on the Cubs to win the World Series. That would seem to be a no lose situation for you.

Mark Mulder is lighting up the radar guns at 82 or 83 mph right now. I can't believe the Cardinals rushed him back from the minors for this. And just like that, Murton hits a 3 run homer off the foul pole, a few pitches after he should have been called out on strike 3.

Update: So Pujols has missed two different 3 run homers by a few feet today. Aaron Miles is trying to make my all-hated team as well. It's just one of those years.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
f***ing unreal....Hopper should have easily caught that ball. The Cubs are the luckiest team ever. How in the hell are you not playing "no doubles" there?

Yeah, it looked like he underestimated his own speed and over dove. I can't tell if he even needed to try and dive for that.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 03:04 AM)
Yeah, it looked like he underestimated his own speed and over dove. I can't tell if he even needed to try and dive for that.

If he takes a good angle, it should have been a pretty routine catch. I still want to know, why in the hell aren't the outfielders playing deeper in that situation?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(lord chas @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 04:24 AM)
i cant stand much more of this

I have nightmares thinking about the crowd outside of Wrigley field the last time they made the playoffs. I just hope they face the Padres in the first round, as the DBacks continue to struggle and Webb is mortal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
Just fire Ned Yost now and take Brewers fans out of their misery. Sheets looked just awful last Friday, so he brings him back on 3 days rest. One inning into tonight's game, and he got pulled already.

Somebody here recently was very accurate when they compared Sheets to Mark Prior.