2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 01:36 AM)
Somebody here recently was very accurate when they compared Sheets to Mark Prior.

I disagree....they actually find legit injuries with Sheets. He seems like someone with some overdeveloped ligaments.

I'm rather upset that the Reds just used Cantu instead of Hatteberg to face Wood. Hatteberg's the type of hitter who will just make Wood throw three strikes, something he can't do.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Reds just botched a routine double play ball in the 9th due to Phillips trying a 20 foot flip to the SS. I'm sure that will come back to haunt us....or not! Big win by the Reds. Jared Burton is one of my favorite pitchers in baseball.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
The Reds just botched a routine double play ball in the 9th due to Phillips trying a 20 foot flip to the SS. I'm sure that will come back to haunt us....or not! Big win by the Reds. Jared Burton is one of my favorite pitchers in baseball.

Since you are obsessed with the Cubs, do you know what exactly the Reds are protesting from last nights game?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
Since you are obsessed with the Cubs, do you know what exactly the Reds are protesting from last nights game?

Piniella pulled a double switch and didn't come out to tell the umps. Guess he just stood at the mound and assumed the umps figured it out.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
Did anybody else hear Kasper and Brenly b****ing about how the Brewers were gonna miss Oswalt and Williams (and his 5.04 ERA)?

Yeah, the were complaining that they thought Houston maybe not taking games seriously and challenging the integrity of the game as Brenley said.

Brewers have 8 games against ATL and SD, Cubs supposedly have a cupcake schedule.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 03:09 AM)
Did anybody else hear Kasper and Brenly b****ing about how the Brewers were gonna miss Oswalt and Williams (and his 5.04 ERA)?

Oh yes, they said the MLB office will be calling the Astros and asking what's the real story. The comical thing is the Cubs have missed Oswalt in each of the last two series they have faced the Astros. Maybe a funnier thing I heard tonight was Zambrano whining about the Reds getting a lot of bloop hits.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)

Somebody should tell Brenly and Kasper that Milwaukee will not miss Peavy, Maddux and Young.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 18, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)

Because there not the Braves....

They have some outstanding players in Holliday, Atkins,Tulowitzki, and after watching and getting close to them in Spring Training the last three years, it's fun to watch them succeed. I just have a spot for the Rockies after spending time at Hi-Corbett.

I like the Rockies. I once said here that it's a shame Todd Helton will never make the Series with them. Yeah, they've got good young players, just checking. Although they haven't got a prayer this season.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Just looking at that Reds line up, it is not hard to figure out why that teams sucks ass.

Their pitching staff has a lot more to do with their failure than their lineup. The top of their lineup is actually pretty stacked.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
..But once you get past Griffey, Phillips, and Dunn, it looks a lot like the current White Sox line up in terms of suckage.

I definitely agree there.

I really do like how the top of their lineup has worked though. On the other hand, their bullpen makes me nervous beyond belief.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
..But once you get past Griffey, Phillips, and Dunn, it looks a lot like the current White Sox line up in terms of suckage.

He's not playing today but Josh Hamilton is an excellent hitter. So that's 4 very good to great hitters along with Encarnacion who is league average and a couple of other young players who are playing over their heads. Doesn't sound too bad to me, especially in the NL.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 19, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
He's not playing today but Josh Hamilton is an excellent hitter. So that's 4 very good to great hitters along with Encarnacion who is league average and a couple of other young players who are playing over their heads. Doesn't sound too bad to me, especially in the NL.

True. I forgot about Hamilton since he is not playing. I bet the Cubs would love to have him back and starting in RF.