2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 07:05 PM)
Yup. Oh well, he's still the f***in man.

I can't believe people gave me s*** for saying that he did what the Braves told him to do, changed his game for awhile but the league adjusted and now he's hitting .200 since August and been much less than a .355 hitter since the ASB, like he should be.

That's why baseball's such a great game. You can't "fake it" for long.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM's do not appear willing to take risks anymore. How good would say a Contrearas and Dye look on a team right now? The economics have really f***ed up baseball on so many different levels. I know hindsite is 20/20 but you put them on any team in the NL and they are odds on favorites to win it.

Ned Yost is terrible.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 20, 2007 -> 07:28 PM)
GM's do not appear willing to take risks anymore. How good would say a Contrearas and Dye look on a team right now? The economics have really f***ed up baseball on so many different levels. I know hindsite is 20/20 but you put them on any team in the NL and they are odds on favorites to win it.

Ned Yost is terrible.

I was really hoping that getting Tex might be enough to help turn around the Braves...if for no other reason than it might be enough to encourage other teams to once again start making moves for veterans round the deadline.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 03:02 AM)
Apparently Wagner had back spasms or something.

God the NL is a f***ing mess.

Hopefully the Padres can catch the DBacks so they are the Cubs first round opponent.

If C. Young, Wagner and Hamels aren't close to 100 pct, the Cubs have a great shot at advancing far in the playoffs. Something to look out for is if the Padres have to pitch Peavy in game 162, and he can only pitch once in the first round.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 06:32 AM)
I think the Dbacks would match up well with the Cubs.

I say this because our weakness is giving up the long ball, the Cubs are not a power hitting team

The Crew on the other hand would give us fits.

That's a good point, but the Cubs have been hitting a ton of homers this month. Would the DBacks go with Webb, Davis, and Livan?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 07:02 PM)
Not quite accepting yet, still in denial.

Just have to root for the other teams in NL to be as close to 100 pct as possible. The Cubs are clearly the healthiest team among the contenders, which of course is no shock the way this season has gone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
Malhom was absolutely brutal in his last start, and is following up with another horrible start. The Cubs get to face Duke tomorrow, and he'll likely be rusty and inefficient as well. WHarris....are you in the acceptance stage like I am right now?

Brewers get Hudson and Smoltz.....

The bright side is Milwaukee comes home next week and the cub hit the road.

The fact that the cubs can not hit consistently leads me to believe they can lose any given day to any team. If the lead is 1.5 on Monday I think it could be an interesting week. Especially if the San Diego games do not mean anything next weekend. If the race is close and Zambrano and Lilly are not bumped up next week they could both be unavailable for game one .

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
Brewers get Hudson and Smoltz.....

The bright side is Milwaukee comes home next week and the cub hit the road.

The fact that the cubs can not hit consistently leads me to believe they can lose any given day to any team. If the lead is 1.5 on Monday I think it could be an interesting week. Especially if the San Diego games do not mean anything next weekend. If the race is close and Zambrano and Lilly are not bumped up next week they could both be unavailable for game one .

It's almost guaranteed that the Padres games will matter for them. The ironic thing is it's very possible that we'll be cheering for the Brewers to lose to the Padres in less than a week. I'm grateful that if the Cubs clinch the playoffs, it won't be at Wrigley.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 02:16 PM)
It's almost guaranteed that the Padres games will matter for them. The ironic thing is it's very possible that we'll be cheering for the Brewers to lose to the Padres in less than a week. I'm grateful that if the Cubs clinch the playoffs, it won't be at Wrigley.

MLB.com is all f***ed up I may have to turn on Santo here it looks like it could be anywhere from 5-2cub to 7-5 Buco's.

I need to know when the game is over as I work in Lincoln Park and need to beat the trafffic.

I hate the cubs

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2007 -> 07:41 PM)
Cubs are so gonna win the Series, aren't they? Absolutely everything has gone right for them all year, so why would that stop in the postseason?

It has been amazing to see how awful the defense against them has been. Meanwhile, the defense against the Brewers over the last few months has been amazing. Also, the Brewers basically have lost two games due to an outfielder falling down due to the grass.