2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
They have Tadahito and Rowand -- and Tokin' Freddy, somewhere, too -- aren't we pretty much obliged to root for Philly?

Ha, I think so. Who knows, maybe Freddy will come into the playoffs and pitch a gem with his left hand or something, since it'll be a big game and all.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta give the Marlins some love. They are playing spoiler very well. They are just beating up the teams that want to clinch a playoff spot. They did their job against the Cubs, but the Brew Crew didn't. And now they are doing their job against the Mets and I'm pretty sure the Fightin Phils will definitely do their job and make history that the Mets don't want to be a part of.

Cole Hamels 8 innings of shutout ball tonight just made the Phillies an even bigger threat to whoever they play in the playoffs. I'd assume their rotation in the first round (based on how it is now and off days) will be Kendrick, Hamels, Moyer, Lohse.......and although that's not great, they are in the NL, have a decent closer, and have the best offense in that league by 10 miles. People who say they are not a threat will eat their words in a few weeks.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
I'll say this much: good luck to whoever has to go up against the Phillies offense. They've got 3 legitimate MVP canidates.

I am just going to assume you are not including one of Howard, Utley, and Rollins

AARON ROWAND 4 MVP!!@1!!!#$!$#!^^!@#$#!^&!!!!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 29, 2007 -> 02:13 AM)
Cole Hamels 8 innings of shutout ball tonight just made the Phillies an even bigger threat to whoever they play in the playoffs. I'd assume their rotation in the first round (based on how it is now and off days) will be Kendrick, Hamels, Moyer, Lohse.......and although that's not great, they are in the NL, have a decent closer, and have the best offense in that league by 10 miles. People who say they are not a threat will eat their words in a few weeks.

Ok.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 28, 2007 -> 10:04 PM)
So much for an exciting last weekend.

After tonight, it appears three of the NL spots have been decided. Any loss by the Mets or Phillies (or a win by the Padres) means the Padres clinch. The BHAMs clinched. And the Cubs clinched.

Boring.

I assume this was supposed to be in green. 3 games until the end of the season and not one team in the NL had clinched - how is that not some really exciting baseball? Who cares if it happened Friday or Saturday?