2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
If that ball hit a wheelchair, wouldn't the wheelchair have moved? I don't think it was gone based on the reaction by the fans in the area.

Yeah that didn't LOOK like a home run at all, but it bounced awfully far for a ball that apparently hit the top of a padded wall. Very difficult call, and I'm not sure what actually happened either way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if that was a HR, how in the f*** are the umps supposed to see that? You can't even see it clearly on replay. Apparently there is a railing behind the yellow line? WTF sense does that make? Glad it hurt them and not SD for having a ridiculous setup at the fence. Parks should be designed so s*** like that can't happen. Home runs shouldn't be such a hard call based on railings, vertical lines, or fences right above the fence like in Detroit.

Where are you guys? There has been some awesome relief pitching on both sides. Bell was throwing cheese to home plate (Mets = pwned), Brocail has been nasty, ditto Herges and Corpas. Now that I say this, of course, his game will probably end in the next inning.

Also, if Blum gets another chance to hit... game over. Group 4.