2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 1, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
Psst wite.

dukes_cellphone_300.jpg

Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls______. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N_____, all I know is, n_____, when I see your m_____f______ a__ riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m_____f______ house.

Scott Boras is right.

Baseball is flush with cash, the owners are all flush with cash, and they can all afford top notch players at insane prices. Except maybe Florida or Tampa or one of those struggling franchises, but even they get a ton from other sources.

Scott Boras is still one of my least favorite people in baseball, but he has every right and reason to insist that teams pony up big bucks for his clients. And crying poor is bull.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 2, 2007 -> 01:49 PM)
Mitchell Report to come out in a week, supposedly. I honestly find it interesting how certain players are getting less attention than others. I wonder if these owners, like Moreno, know more than they're supposed to right now.

ESPN reports it will be released during the 2 weeks prior to Christmas. So, I guess that means it won't come out during the GM meetings, but shortly after. Could be some really disappointed fan bases, magnified by any of the names that may have been recent signings.

Merry Christmas!

8:45 p.m., from Steve Phillips

• The Cubs and Orioles have discussed a Brian Roberts trade. Baltimore would get Rich Hill and Sean Marshall for the second baseman.

Geebus. They need to take the 'puter away from Steve Phillips. Rich Hill is easily worth Brian Roberts + a prospect from the Orioles. OPS+ of 112 for Roberts vs. ERA+ of 119 for Rich Hill...plus Rich Hill is controlled for 4 more years.

If the Cubs are giving Rich Hill away, the Sox should try to get him.

QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 03:17 AM)
8:45 p.m., from Steve Phillips

• The Cubs and Orioles have discussed a Brian Roberts trade. Baltimore would get Rich Hill and Sean Marshall for the second baseman.

Geebus. They need to take the 'puter away from Steve Phillips. Rich Hill is easily worth Brian Roberts + a prospect from the Orioles. OPS+ of 112 for Roberts vs. ERA+ of 119 for Rich Hill...plus Rich Hill is controlled for 4 more years.

If the Cubs are giving Rich Hill away, the Sox should try to get him.

I hope that deal goes down. What would the Cubs' rotation look like after Lilly and Zambrano? Gallagher, Marquis and Dempster?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 07:36 PM)
We were just talking about this at work. I really hope the Cubs pull this deal off. They would make themselves very weak at SP, and upgrading a position that is already servicable.

They'd almost have to go out and spend the money on someone like Silva or Colon.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
Cubs traded Angel Pagan for some scrubs, weird as he is a cheap competent backup, maybe they just wanted to clear some room.

Kind of surprising he is a nice backup outfielder to have. If I remember correctly he had some huge hits against us last year in the crosstown series.