2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 10:10 PM)
You don't know if I've ever gone through the Hall and its members? David Wells has a career ERA+ of 108. That's doesn't even qualify as "very good". He doesn't have a very good peak. Put him side-by-side with another great pitcher of his time, Greg Maddux. Maddux has nine seasons better than Wells' best season (1995 -- 200+ innings of a 141 ERA+). On David Wells' Most Similar Players' list, not even half are (or will be) Hall of Famers. Wells doesn't get in on either of Bill James' HoF Monitor or HoF Standards.

Need I keep going? Wells isn't a Hall of Famer. I appreciate the huge laugh you just gave me, though, by saying that Jamie Moyer is a Hall of Famer. Thanks for that.

Joe Borchard's a Hall of Famer.

After the s*** Josh Towers pulled today, I hope he never pitches in the majors again. Of course him being one of the worst starters in the game since the start of the '06 season should take care of that. You don't f***ing hit someone in the knee and if you do you don't walk towards the plate pointing towards first base. It's a damn shame Larry Bowa didn't rip his f***ing head off.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
After the s*** Josh Towers pulled today, I hope he never pitches in the majors again. Of course him being one of the worst starters in the game since the start of the '06 season should take care of that. You don't f***ing hit someone in the knee and if you do you don't walk towards the plate pointing towards first base. It's a damn shame Larry Bowa didn't rip his f***ing head off.

Pulling up mlb.tv to see what went down.

Eh. Better the knee than the head and Towers didn't do anything until ARod came towards him and said something. Old news though. Get over it, Toronto.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 11:14 PM)
Pulling up mlb.tv to see what went down.

Eh. Better the knee than the head and Towers didn't do anything until ARod came towards him and said something. Old news though. Get over it, Toronto.

You don't pull that s*** after hitting someone in the knee, Alex has the right to say some s*** if he wants but Towers needs to keep his b**** ass on the mound and shut his f***ing mouth. Better the knee than the head, yeah you're right it's probably better that I destroyed your kneecap rather than give you a concussion.

If you want to hit someone you hit them in the back not a joint. And all of this happened after a Blue Jays pitcher threw a ball behind A-Rod's knee yesterday.

Mariano Rivera just met his replacement last night.

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/tp/archive08/081307_balnya_chamberlain_reel_tp_350.wmv?ct3=-1&ct4=mlb&ct5=14-Aug-07

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)
Mariano Rivera just met his replacement last night.

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/tp/archive08/081307_balnya_chamberlain_reel_tp_350.wmv?ct3=-1&ct4=mlb&ct5=14-Aug-07

I heard that kid was hitting 99 on the gun. Not sure if the Yankees envision him as a closer, but that wouldn't be a bad idea at all. He could be a stud either way.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
Brewers on the way to losing the 15th straight game in which Capuano has started. Ned Yost does a horrible job of leaving his starters out on the mound way too long when they clearly don't have anything.

Manny Para > Capuano

Chris Capuano was sooooooo good last year. I never thought he would regress like he has.