Official Soxtalk.com: Rumor Mill!

MurcieOne

Yep, he went elsewhere as a minor league free agent. He'll probably never amount to anything, but I always say, theirs no harm in trying, when it don't cost anything.

D'Amico would be a real solid pickup because I think he has the stuff to be a real solid pitcher and has proved it when healthy. Of course he does have arm troubles and last year was his first year back from it, so he put up very good numbers considering a return from injury.

I'd look for him to have an era somewhere between 4 and 4.50 and win a solid amount of games.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

im with malto on the wright thing.. he aint s***.... and hasnt been for a few years now.... why would we waste our time on him.......oh wait a minute dont answer that this is afterall kw whos making the deals.... sorry i had a mind slip there for a few minutes.....

Redman - good pitcher, but I wouldn't consider EXCEPT for the fact that he came up with Minny. If we got him and he torched the Twinkies somewhere along the line in a White Sox uniform, I would be in heaven. It would be so damn fun to see the Twins lose at the hands of Mark Redman in a White Sox uniform. Didn't Redman outduel Zito earlier in the year?

If we could get him for a couple minor leaguers, I wouldn't mind it...maybe one A pitcher and then a different one....maybe Porzio(although Porzio isn't a minor leaguer) or Corey Lee...and then maybe a meciocre minor league starter.

As for Harang....is KW too f***in brainless to realize that what we'd get in Harang is a slightly better version of Dan Wright? Harang is a good pitcher, but I would have wanted to get someone better than just him...I would rather have him be a "throw-in" type....if we could have gotten Lidle it would have been much better. What we need is Colon or Vazquez - a proven pitcher that could become a 20 game winner for us, not some pitcher that just came out of the minors. I hope KW pulls his head out of his ass and gets someone good that has proven he is a stud pitcher.

Who would the SOX give up for Redman. Second I don't see him comming to the Sox because he is in the same division. I just don't see teams prior to the season or at the beginning of the season trade someone within the same division. When you have to play a team 17 times, why would you give them someone that can start and pitch against you, possibly four times. I actually like Redman and think he would be great in a Sox uniform, but I just don't see it happening.

The Sox won't get Redman because the Tigers are asking for a top prospect and then another decent to good prospect.

I'd do it if we gave up something like Ginter and Miles or something, but I know that isn't going to happen. Plus, I'd just as well have Omar Daal or some other solid free agent pitcher.

I like Zambrono but it would cost way too much to land him.

When I say a lot, I'm talking someone like Keith Foulke. They want a closer or a top notch reliever, and I don't think the Sox can give that up.

Also, they don't want Hummell as he isn't truly a shortstop prospect.

Basically if your going to make a deal with the Cubs you need to give them a quality lefty reliever, a shortstop prospect, a thirdbase prospect, or a catching prospect.

Originally posted by Murcielago

Anyone fancy a deal trying to get Carlos Zambrano from the Cub?

Maybe..... A Lefty reliever.... and Hummel?

We aren't going to make a deal with the Cubs....the last two deals have come out very lobsided...Bell for Sosa was lobsided...Bell played one in a half years with us and then retired and Sosa has become a superstar(though Bell still won more divisions with the Sox than Sosa has with the Cubs...we always have that), and Garland for Karchner was favored heavily for us...we got Garland, who is going to be a great pitcher as he will probably be a pitcher with a low 3.00 ERA sometime in the future, and Karchner is out of baseball, or atleast playing somewhere other than the major leagues.

If the offer was right, maybe....I personally don't see it happening though.

It looks as if the Giants are willing to deal Russ Ortiz for a power hitting outfielder.

They've offered him up for JD Drew, but the Cardinals don't appear interested, probably because they have a pretty deep pitching staff.

He doesn't make an exorbitant amount of money and I'd think he'd be a good pickup as well. Lee and a mid level prospect?

Not unless they think Liefer can be a beast...cuz I sure as hell ain't trading Maggs...not unless we get Jason Schmidt and Kirk Reuter as well.

A three team deal...we give the Marlins Lee and Corwin Malone and the Giants Mario Valenzuela...the fins give the Giants Kevin Millar...and we get Russ Ortiz.

How's that?

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Not unless they think Liefer can be a beast...cuz I sure as hell ain't trading Maggs...not unless we get Jason Schmidt and Kirk Reuter as well.

A three team deal...we give the Marlins Lee and Corwin Malone and the Giants Mario Valenzuela...the fins give the Giants Kevin Millar...and we get Russ Ortiz.

How's that?

Im not ready to give up on Malone...... the idea of a power Lefty in the top-end of the rotation makes me salavate.....

Malone should be given the shot this year. He had a bad year last season, but before that, he looked to be the best left handed pitcher in the minors.

The guy was hurt last year, but stuff wise he's fantastic. Its just the key of staying healthy and spotting his pitches, which has to do with health.

From ChicagoSports.Com

The Sox are more interested in Montreal ace Bartolo Colon, but even if the Expos put him on the trade block, their chances of getting him grew much slimmer last week when Commissioner Bud Selig appointed Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf to a committee to study the future of the Expos. With Reinsdorf on the committee, chances are the Expos, who are owned by Major League Baseball, could not deal him to the Sox without bringing about charges of a conflict of interest from other teams.

Doesn't look like Colon is coming either..... Sucks......Sucks bigtime.

Can anyone say Steve Trachsel?