Official Soxtalk.com: Rumor Mill!

MurcieOne

Originally posted by baggio202
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Who knows, if Schu becomes the gm, I'd be skeptical, I don't want him hosing us, but if we  could get a good deal I'd do it.

I also read something, probably not true, but that we would deal Willie Harris and a lower level prospect for Ryan Dempster.  This was from a Reds board and I don't buy into it.

ryan dempster's name comes up alot in trade talks...but why would the marlins trade one of their better pitchers for willie harris??...they already have a good 2nd baseman...they could get more then harris and a prospect for dempster...especially since harris' stock dropped after his call up last year

Well it wouldn't be to the Marlins...they traded him to the Reds last season. Cincy has Todd Walker at 2B who had a pretty good year last year but I don't think is probably the answer for them at 2B...plus Barry Larkin is gettting real old. If I could get Dempster from them I would do it in a minute, he could be a stud pitcher...he is only 25 years old.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Originally posted by baggio202
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Who knows, if Schu becomes the gm, I'd be skeptical, I don't want him hosing us, but if we  could get a good deal I'd do it.

I also read something, probably not true, but that we would deal Willie Harris and a lower level prospect for Ryan Dempster.  This was from a Reds board and I don't buy into it.

ryan dempster's name comes up alot in trade talks...but why would the marlins trade one of their better pitchers for willie harris??...they already have a good 2nd baseman...they could get more then harris and a prospect for dempster...especially since harris' stock dropped after his call up last year

Well it wouldn't be to the Marlins...they traded him to the Reds last season. Cincy has Todd Walker at 2B who had a pretty good year last year but I don't think is probably the answer for them at 2B...plus Barry Larkin is gettting real old. If I could get Dempster from them I would do it in a minute, he could be a stud pitcher...he is only 25 years old.

I'd realllllly like to get Dempster..... see alot of untapped potential there.

Hey Murcielago...by the way who is that in your avatar?  He looks just like a kid I worked construction with this summer.  Any way yeah Dempster would be a GREAT pickup...I wouldn't mind seeing Ponson here either although I would much rather prefer Dempster if that were a possibility.

I doubt you were working construction with him this past summer............ because he was busy winning twelve games for our beloved sox..... it's JG Jon Garland.

Originally posted by Murcielago

Hey Murcielago...by the way who is that in your avatar?  He looks just like a kid I worked construction with this summer.  Any way yeah Dempster would be a GREAT pickup...I wouldn't mind seeing Ponson here either although I would much rather prefer Dempster if that were a possibility.

I doubt you were working construction with him this past summer............ because he was busy winning twelve games for our beloved sox..... it's JG Jon Garland.

Holy s*** he looks a lot different now...maybe its the glasses but he looks to be bigger there than I thought he was.

Holy s*** he looks a lot different now...maybe its the glasses but he looks to be bigger there than I thought he was.

He looked like a complete dork in this picture..... He prolly bulked up alot since then... he's a badass. A sinker-ballin badass.

Ya, I remember the first time I figured it out. Mark had some great threads with some pics of minor leaguers and he really stumped most of us.

Mark...you aught to dig up some more ones for the slower parts of the offseason.

I don't care what he looks like as long as he keeps developing and lives up to his potential.

Garland's gonna be a stud...he's just not a phenom like Buehrle...he'll eventually realize how to harness his stuff and just pitch, like Buehrle does now. The same things will happen with Honel and Diaz in the future, assuming the stay with us and aren't traded...I have a feeling Rauch will be winning an award this year for best of his kind, because he's a stud. He's got great stuff, and really knows how to pitch. And if he's got the right kind of mentality, will realize that pitching a third of an inning against the Mariners while allowing a ton of runs was just a fluke.

And about that award....to give you a hint...it's not manager of the year award. :D

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Garland's gonna be a stud...he's just not a phenom like Buehrle...he'll eventually realize how to harness his stuff and just pitch, like Buehrle does now.  The same things will happen with Honel and Diaz in the future, assuming the stay with us and aren't traded...I have a feeling Rauch will be winning an award this year for best of his kind, because he's a stud.  He's got great stuff, and really knows how to pitch.  And if he's got the right kind of mentality, will realize that pitching a third of an inning against the Mariners while allowing a ton of runs was just a fluke.

And about that award....to give you a hint...it's not manager of the year award.  :D

I dont think there is much doubt that Rauch is going to be a sucessful major leaguer. If he turns out to be a Roger Clemens or something like that..... were going to be awful AWFUL tough to beat. We've got a strong line-up, tough bullpen, decent defense, and if we had 4 strong starters..... bada bing...... WS champs.

Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by Molto

he's such a creative fellow aint he? :)

well since i haven't been around, with what out there, who is the 5 best choice to pick up, i am talking about fa's.

who is chasing maddux.

Maddux is prolly going to SD.

Here was my top 5 free agents before glavine and thome signed.

1. Thome

2. Glavine

3. I-Rod

4. Kent

5. Maddux

Afterwords...... both of them gone. Excluding Matsui cause I've never seen him play.

1. I-Rod

2. Kent

3. Maddux

4. Clemens

5. Moyer

these of course are just my opinions...... but eh

Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by Molto

he's such a creative fellow aint he? :)

well since i haven't been around, with what out there, who is the 5 best choice to pick up, i am talking about fa's.

who is chasing maddux.

Maddux is prolly going to SD.

Here was my top 5 free agents before glavine and thome signed.

1. Thome

2. Glavine

3. I-Rod

4. Kent

5. Maddux

Afterwords...... both of them gone. Excluding Matsui cause I've never seen him play.

1. I-Rod

2. Kent

3. Maddux

4. Clemens

5. Moyer

these of course are just my opinions...... but eh

i am not too sold on kent. but here is mine

1 person

2 hermson

3 joe g cat from the cubs. i have like him and still do.

4. if needed clemens

5. if needed lopez cat

Lieber turned down a one contract worth 500,000 with the cubs...... it also included a team option for 2004 that would be worth 3 mil, or 7 mil with the slaray boosters...... Lieber wanted the option year to be gauranteed......

Whadaya think boys? Do we offer him the same deal only gaurantee 2004?

I say no.

Byrd was offered arbitration.... but unless Kansas City gives him a multi-year deal... he's gonna bail.

If we want him were gonna need to dish him 18-20 over 4 years..... don't hold yer breath sox fans... my bets is he'll end up in Philly.

Sorry about the numerous posts, but I am kinda doing this as I read along here... also makes for some good and varied topics......

Ramrio Mendoza wasn't offered arbitration by the yankers..... thoughts about moving him in the rotation? maybe as a number 4/5 guy until some of the young guns are ready?

I say do it if he's not looking for a huge pay day.

I'm just the opposite. I'm much more in favor of signing Byrd over Daal. Byrd's a proven winner in the AL Central. Daal's 30 years old, has had only marginal success, and put up decent numbers last year largely because he pitched in one of the top pitchers' parks in baseball. I think Daal would get blown up in the AL. I would rather the Sox let someone else make a mistake on him.

I tend to agree with you RT. Byrd proved it in the Al central and typically it is much tougher to pitch in the American League then the national league.

Byrd reminds me of Maddux and he's really getting smarter as the seasons go on. He has great movement and locates his pitches. To me he'd be a great pickup because he can help act as a coach(Something KC coaches and the GM raved about him last year) and he can help us win. The guy had a fantastic era, and threw innings.