Toronto Blue Jays

briguy27

I was thinking about seeing the Sox play in Toronto next year, until I saw that it's $63 to sit in the lower deck. That's pathetic. No wonder nobody comes to the games, because $63 is too much to see a sub-.500 team. Somebody help me out here- why for the Blue Jays, is it $63 to see a game there live?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 12:36 PM)
I was thinking about seeing the Sox play in Toronto next year, until I saw that it's $63 to sit in the lower deck. That's pathetic. No wonder nobody comes to the games, because $63 is too much to see a sub-.500 team. Somebody help me out here- why for the Blue Jays, is it $63 to see a game there live?

I knew things are more expensive in Canada, but I never would have guessed that much. I was thinking about going up there next year depending on the team we put together in the off season. Now not so much.

63 really?

When I went I sat lower deck about 15 rows up from the Sox dugout and for two people it was I wanna say 42, might have been a promotion day.

I suggest you save your money, the park is a piece of junk, just go up to the CN Tower and watch it from above for less ;)

Edited by ChWRoCk2

I knew things are more expensive in Canada, but I never would have guessed that much. I was thinking about going up there next year depending on the team we put together in the off season. Now not so much.

Yeah, same here. It's pathetic that to see a game there is that much money. Even at Yankee Stadium, it's rediculous for those ticket prices ($75 for the back part of the lower deck) is rediculous. PNC and Kauffman it's $27-$30 to sit in the lower deck. That should be the ticket prices for all the parks.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
Yeah, same here. It's pathetic that to see a game there is that much money. Even at Yankee Stadium, it's rediculous for those ticket prices ($75 for the back part of the lower deck) is rediculous. PNC and Kauffman it's $27-$30 to sit in the lower deck. That should be the ticket prices for all the parks.

I'm going to hold out and see what NL parks that Sox are playing at next year. I believe the NL West is due next season.

I'm going to hold out and see what NL parks that Sox are playing at next year. I believe the NL West is due next season.

That's what I've thought, but on MLB The Show for PS2, my friend told me that when he got into 2008 with the Sox, it said @ Atlanta and @ NYM

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 18, 2007 -> 03:08 PM)
MLB hasn't made out its plans yet, so I would not worry about what your friend's PS2 says.

IIRC they run the program in November, submit it to the teams for review in Dec, tweak and seal it in February.

Also, MLB doesn't do it. They outsource it.

I really don't remember skydome tickets being all that expensive....weird.

Go check the site, unless that's Canadien money...is the money sign in the USA ($) the same in Canada? If it's $63 in USA money, that's rediculous. Did I mention that they then raise ticket prices for all weekend games and all games vs NYY and vs BOS

Edited by briguy27

I emailed the Jays on Monday about how they should be ashamed of setting ticket prices $63 to watch a sub-.500 team, and when they wonder why they get no people in that place, maybe they should look at the dollar amounts. Still no response- go figure.

63 really?

When I went I sat lower deck about 15 rows up from the Sox dugout and for two people it was I wanna say 42, might have been a promotion day.

I suggest you save your money, the park is a piece of junk, just go up to the CN Tower and watch it from above for less ;)

Speaking of the CNtower, how is that?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
I emailed the Jays on Monday about how they should be ashamed of setting ticket prices $63 to watch a sub-.500 team, and when they wonder why they get no people in that place, maybe they should look at the dollar amounts. Still no response- go figure.

The Blue Jays finished in second place and 12 games over .500 last season.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
Speaking of the CNtower, how is that?

If youve been to the Needle in Seattle, its very similar. Definitely taller and Id say the real only difference is there is multiple levels and one floor has a glass bottom, trust me its not as awesome as it sounds but well youll see if you go.

If your gonna be in Toronto for a while, mind as well go up it, also see the hockey hall of fame, really about it, theres some famous mansion too but heh sounded boring so I didnt bother.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)

Perhaps you should Email Frank? :D

There lies your answer.

If youve been to the Needle in Seattle, its very similar. Definitely taller and Id say the real only difference is there is multiple levels and one floor has a glass bottom, trust me its not as awesome as it sounds but well youll see if you go.

If your gonna be in Toronto for a while, mind as well go up it, also see the hockey hall of fame, really about it, theres some famous mansion too but heh sounded boring so I didnt bother.

I liked the space needle. Are you saying it's not that awesome b/c you didn't like the glass bottom? Or what?

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
A sub-.500 team. This year- 46-50.

Then shouldn't you be emailing like half the teams in baseball? I expect Brooks Boyer to have an email from you on his desk by Monday morning. $50 to sit down the 3rd base line and watch one of the absolute worst teams in baseball? That's outrageous!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
Then shouldn't you be emailing like half the teams in baseball? I expect Brooks Boyer to have an email from you on his desk by Monday morning. $50 to sit down the 3rd base line and watch one of the absolute worst teams in baseball? That's outrageous!

Yeah...at least the Jays have the excuse that they have to support socialized medicine! Plus, was that Jays ticket price in Canadian dollars? You gotta figure in the exchange rate...

Yeah, that is also obsured. The difference in the arguments is that the Sox are still popular, where as Toronto gets an average of, what, 20,000 people a game? $63 to sit in the lower deck- if that happened at Sox park, it would be back to pre-2005.