Michael Vick Accepts Plea Deal Per ESPN

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really hope Michael Vick goes to prison for a long time.

And I really hope there's no plea bargain.

Steff: you say there's no surprise for you about the extent of the dogfighting. Most people don't, and I didn't, either, until I learned about some people in my neighborhood who were arrested for it. As far as I've been told, dogfighting is VERY popular in inner cities everywhere, particularly with gangs. And if you think the punishment for "weakness" or "losing" is severe -- the training is brutal. Last year, my house was broken into in November and my older cat got out. He was just relaxing in the backyard when I found him, chasing a rat, but I was terrified because I thought, "What if someone took him to give him to a dog to train him for a dogfight?" That's one way people brutalize their dogs: give them cats, slap them with the cat, force them to destroy the cat, sometimes even a dead cat. (Read about it.)

It is a really, really f***ed up world.

(My other cat doesn't generally like people. Runt gets jealous when girlfriends come over, and Runt gets nervous when someone strange comes in without me, so she goes under the bed. Well, I have one more, too, but she wasn't around at the time, and I don't know what she'd do if someone broke in. Probably hide inside the couch.)

Ron Mexico was tacky and tasteless to me, but it was one of those unspoken opportunities and realities for some athletes if they decide to engage in such a behavior.

The water bottle incident was personal drug use. It did not harm anybody else. Congrats, he, like millions of other Americans engage in recreational drug use that does not harm any other person if handled responsibly. As a role model and person in the limelight, it is probably not wise for him to be doing it but nobody asked him if he ever wanted to be a role model. He's not paid to be a role model. He's paid to throw passes in a mediocre fashion and run quite often with a ball.

The middle finger to the fans. Again, he's harassed for doing something most other people do. How many of you have ever vented about somebody not knowing the reality of your job b****ing you out or critiquing what you do? Exactly. What about having the fan apologize (from Doug Stanhope): Mr. Vick "I'd like to say that I am truly sorry - not only to Mr. Vick who has tried his best to fulfill my empty life by throwing a ball around - but also to my friends and family who I embarrassed by drinking too many overpriced beers and then shouting into the face of an athlete so savagely that he actually responded by extending his middle finger - making my life seem complete by finally being acknowledged. For this I realize that I am a worthless asshole."

I let all that other stuff slide. But this. This is disgusting and morally repugnant to me. He's innocent until proven guilty but if he did do this sickening garbage, then he deserves his long stay in a federal PMITA prison watching his career swirl in circles down the toilet. His actions have not only harmed others, been illegal but it has also placed one of the largest sports organizations and a major sports franchise into a very precious, almost no-win situation. If they cut him/get rid of him early and he beats the rap, then they play "the race card" that the NFL/Falcons is biased. If they wait, they get blasted for not being firm with this behavior policy and wanting to reform the image of the NFL players as has been the commissioner's new plan. He's really f***ed things up, even if he is innocent (which I highly doubt he is).

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
The 1 Percent are probably people who were convicted, indicted or arrested improperly.

Improperly convicted? If someone's been convicted, that'd count towards the 99% conviction rate.

I hope he does go to jail.. I despise pitbulls, however I think its horrible to do what it says they did to animals.. I love my dog so much, if someone had a gun to my dogs head and a gun to any of your heads and told me I had to choose one to live I would pick my dog everytime..

Thats like the thing that really bothers me, cruelty to animals. I don't see how anyone could do any of that stuff.. strangling and electrocuting them, thats just disgusting.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 01:56 AM)
I hope he does go to jail.. I despise pitbulls, however I think its horrible to do what it says they did to animals.. I love my dog so much, if someone had a gun to my dogs head and a gun to any of your heads and told me I had to choose one to live I would pick my dog everytime..

Thats like the thing that really bothers me, cruelty to animals. I don't see how anyone could do any of that stuff.. strangling and electrocuting them, thats just disgusting.

to a guy wanting to make money by watching his dog murder another dog slowly(or the other way around), strangling and electrocuting is probably no big deal. It blows my mind that people can think that way about any animal, wanting to watch it attack another animal and kill it.

Robert Byrd, on the Senate floor:

Let that word resound from hill to hill, and from mountain to mountain, from valley to valley, across this broad land. Barbaric. Barbaric.

May God help those poor souls who’d be so cruel. Barbaric! Hear me! Barbaric!

Kerry Asks NFL Commissioner to Immediately Suspend Vick Over “Sickening” Dogfighting Case

Says Congress Must Pass Tougher Laws to Restrict

Disgraceful Dog Fighting

WASHINGTON D.C. – Sen. John Kerry said today that he will introduce legislation aimed at eliminating dogfighting, which is illegal but is by many accounts still far too common. Kerry said he hopes to go after the cruel sport by making it illegal to transmit images of dog fighting, to run websites that cater to dog fighting or to own or train dogs for the purpose of dog fighting.

Press release from Mr. Kerry's office.

Im still curious about what really happened with the problem he had at the airport. How is it that one day they find residue that appears to be from weed, then you dont hear anything about it for a few weeks, than all of a sudden its jewelry. Who puts jewelry in a hidden compartment in a water bottle, let alone jewelry that looks like weed??

The Score is reporting a rumor going around, The NFLPA, NFL, and the Atlanta Falcons are going to ask Vick to take a years paid leave of absence.

I hope they put some sort of clause that says that his pay will be revoked immediately if he is convicted

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2943276

Edited by kyyle23

Right now:

46% of people on ESPN said a ref betting on their sport is worse than dog killing....

14% say that Barry Bonds cheating (steroids) is worse than Dog killing...

60% of people are retarded.

*this report was brought to you by PA's scientific research institute*

Dog fighting is and has been very common, not just in the inner cities, but in many parts of the rural south. It's not considered wrong, just a part of the overall culture and lifestyle. I'm in no way condoning this, I think it's disgusting, and I've never liked Michael Vick.

I just posted the article on talkbears. Its gonna be interesting to see how all this unfolds. Some of the national media outlets think if he is found guilty he may never play in the NFL again. Matt Schaubb has got to think this is hilarious.

With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. Petrino and the Falcons select Brian Brohm, Quarterback from The U of the Lou

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 21, 2007 -> 09:35 AM)
Right now:

46% of people on ESPN said a ref betting on their sport is worse than dog killing....

14% say that Barry Bonds cheating (steroids) is worse than Dog killing...

60% of people are retarded.

*this report was brought to you by PA's scientific research institute*

The poll question asked what was worse to you as a sports fan. In general, dog killing is obviously much worse. But in terms of sports, fixing games is the worst sin one could do.