Michael Vick Accepts Plea Deal Per ESPN

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 11:37 AM)
Michael Vick is snitchin' and might just get some time off because of it. He could end up serving a large portion of his jail time (which could end up being only 1 year or less total) under House arrest.

He admitted to conspiracy of organized crime. He's serving some time on that regardless of the dog murders.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 06:23 PM)
He admits to buying the property, buying the dogs, training the dogs, transporting the dogs, killing the dogs, bankrolling the operation, but he didn't bet on the dogs. Yeah right.

Of course. Because if he illegally gambled, he will be banned from the NFL. The other stuff won't result in his ban.

What a prick.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
People have been saying maybe a 5 year ban from the NFL?

thats alot of time.

Vick WILL serve jail time. Thats good enough for me.

I'm holding on to hope that some more significant betting evidence hasn't shown itself yet. :pray

Good grief...

AccessHollywood's Shaun Robinson asked Jamie Foxx what he thinks about this matter. Instead of saying "It is what it is", or nothing at all... he said:

“It’s a cultural thing, I think. Most brothers didn’t know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn’t know that was Fed time. So, Mike probably just didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star. I know that cruelty to animals is bad, but sometimes people shoot people and kill people and don’t get time. I think in this situation, he really didn’t know the extent of it, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt.”

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)
Good grief...

AccessHollywood's Shaun Robinson asked Jamie Foxx what he thinks about this matter. Instead of saying "It is what it is", or nothing at all... he said:

“It’s a cultural thing, I think. Most brothers didn’t know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn’t know that was Fed time. So, Mike probably just didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star. I know that cruelty to animals is bad, but sometimes people shoot people and kill people and don’t get time. I think in this situation, he really didn’t know the extent of it, so I always give him the benefit of the doubt.”

I hate to say it, but this sort of stuff sort of goes with what white was saying earlier in the thread. At least from a publicity standpoint. Most "BROTHERS" didn't know that? Hmmmm.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 01:43 PM)
I hate to say it, but this sort of stuff sort of goes with what white was saying earlier in the thread. At least from a publicity standpoint. Most "BROTHERS" didn't know that? Hmmmm.

Kap, you are kidding, right?

JF is what...? The 5 idiot to state some sort of half assed defense for that douche and that = the african america population as a whole...????

:stick

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:56 PM)
Why did Vick paint the sheds black? Why was he arranging for secret meetings to buy dogs? Why was he trying to hide his operation?

They made significant pains to make the dog operation invisible from the sky and from passers by. They also went to lengths to build and develop training programs, equipment and fighting arenas. This was an elaborate and multi state operation and was by no means someone fighting their dogs in the street. This was an almost profession operation, and should be treated as such.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
Kap, you are kidding, right?

JF is what...? The 5 idiot to state some sort of half assed defense for that douche and that = the african america population as a whole...????

:stick

Every time you turn on the tv, the sports and entertainers are jupming up to defend him. Read closer - I said what's being said PUBLICLY (or, those who have the avenue to voice their opinions are definding Vick). I know they don't speak for the whole AA population - but the high profile folks are jumping on the "Vick was railroaded" bandwagon, that's for sure.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
Every time you turn on the tv, the sports and entertainers are jupming up to defend him. Read closer - I said what's being said PUBLICLY (or, those who have the avenue to voice their opinions are definding Vick). I know they don't speak for the whole AA population - but the high profile folks are jumping on the "Vick was railroaded" bandwagon, that's for sure.

I think I've seen a lot of the coverage and as I said above JF is maybe the 5th, definitely less than the 10th, person with a public voice I have seen take something like this road, or something similar to it. Most aren't saying anything. Considering the % of "blacks" in the NFL, NBA, and Hollywood... I'd say the pro Vick wagon has a lot of room left on it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
They made significant pains to make the dog operation invisible from the sky and from passers by. They also went to lengths to build and develop training programs, equipment and fighting arenas. This was an elaborate and multi state operation and was by no means someone fighting their dogs in the street. This was an almost profession operation, and should be treated as such.

He already admitted to conspiracy of organized crime.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
I think I've seen a lot of the coverage and as I said above JF is maybe the 5th, definitely less than the 10th, person with a public voice I have seen take something like this road, or something similar to it. Most aren't saying anything. Considering the % of "blacks" in the NFL, NBA, and Hollywood... I'd say the pro Vick wagon has a lot of room left on it.

Well I guess my coverage has been limited to the "negative" side, or the one saying "they're knockin' the man down because of his color"... I don't watch much TV, so I guess I don't know all the support for him getting nailed.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
Well I guess my coverage has been limited to the "negative" side, or the one saying "they're knockin' the man down because of his color"... I don't watch much TV, so I guess I don't know all the support for him getting nailed.

You're not missing it. No one is saying it. Those folks are minding their own business. Proably why it seems like everyone (again... what? 5, 6 high profile morons?) is saying this is a misunderstood race thing.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 08:35 PM)
You're not missing it. No one is saying it. Those folks are minding their own business. Proably why it seems like everyone (again... what? 5, 6 high profile morons?) is saying this is a misunderstood race thing.

I don't remember names right now but when this first broke, I remember several football players coming out quick to defend him. Then a few more celebs. Then some other morons...

I guess the most important question is what do Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton think? Then, and only then, we will have the pulse of the African American community.

(And yes, I'm kidding).

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)
I don't remember names right now but when this first broke, I remember several football players coming out quick to defend him. Then a few more celebs. Then some other morons...

I guess the most important question is what do Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton think? Then, and only then, we will have the pulse of the African American community.

(And yes, I'm kidding).

Pfftt.. Figures. :rolleyes

:P

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
Good grief...

Right on Jamie, he's a VICKtum of his culture

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
I think Sanders counts as on his side also.

Deion Sanders "column" was a classic. he talked up how Vick has a passion for dogfighting, much in the same way that Deion had a passion for lots of jewelry and crazy bling during his playing days.

Basically it was like watching Deion break down a football game. Loud, insulting to your intelligence, ignorant.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ISTS41/70722009

I would’ve never thought Mike Vick, one of the NFL’s most exciting players — the man who makes the network execs smile every time he plays — would ever be indicted for crimes against man’s best friend.

The potential impact could be devastating.

He could lose millions worth of endorsements. Nike has already suspended the release of his new shoe. He could lose millions he was supposed to get from the Atlanta Falcons, if the club decides to cut him. That’s unlikely, but it could happen if he’s convicted or makes a plea arrangement.

Or his reputation might wind up so stained that he’s never forgiven in the court of public opinion. That would be too bad for the 27-year-old superstar.

This is all the result of perspective.

What a dog means to Vick might be a lot different than what he means to you or I. Hold on, don’t start shaking your head just yet. Listen to me.

Some people kiss their dogs on the mouth. Some people let their dogs eat from their plate. Some people dress their dogs in suits more expensive than mine, if you can believe that.

And some people enjoy proving they have the biggest, toughest dog on the street. You’re probably not going to believe this, but I bet Vick loves the dogs that were the biggest and the baddest. Maybe, he identified with them in some way.

You can still choose to condemn him, but I’m trying to take you inside his mind so you can understand where he might be coming from.

I’m sure all of the animal activists and Humane Society folks have a dart board with Vick’s picture in the center of it. And if he plays this season, PETA is going to picket every stadium where he plays.

Still, I must ask the question: Where is all of this going?

By now you’ve read all of the accusations about the cruelty involving the dogs — and I’m not just talking about their duels to the death. All of that is enough to make me cringe because I have three highly-trained protection German shepherds, just in case someone wants to rob my family.

Believe me, you don’t want to deal with them. With one German command, our dog Yascho turns into Cujo. And for the record, I live around the corner from the police station, so it won’t take them long to show up and save you from the dogs.

Now back to Vick.

Why are we indicting him? Was he the ringleader? Is he the big fish? Or is there someone else? The fights allegedly occurred at a property that he purchased for a family member. They apparently found carcasses on the property, but I must ask you again, is he the ringleader?

This situation reminds me of a scene in the movie “New Jack City,” when drug dealer Nino Brown is on the witness stand and eloquently says, “This thing is bigger than me.”

Are we using Vick to get to the ringleader? Are we using him to bring an end to dogfighting in the United States?

The only thing I can gather from this situation is that we’re using Vick.

Was he wrong? Absolutely. Was he stupid? Can’t argue with that. Was he immature? No doubt. But is he the ringleader? I just can’t see it.

I believe Vick had a passion for dogfighting. I know many athletes who share his passion. The allure is the intensity and the challenge of a dog fighting to the death. It’s like ultimate fighting, but the dog doesn’t tap out when he knows he can’t win.

It reminds me of when I wore a lot of jewelry back in the day because I always wanted to have the biggest chain or the biggest, baddest car. It gives you status.

Can I pause for a moment to ask you a question?

Who shot Darrant Williams? Remember the Denver Bronco cornerback? I’m just more concerned about bringing to justice someone who killed a human. Or finding out who broke into Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker’s home, tied him up and robbed him at gunpoint.

We’re attacking this dogfighting ring the same way a teenager attacks his MySpace page after school (by the way parents, make sure you monitor your kids). We should have the same passion for man that we have for man’s best friend.

The reason this is turning into a three-ring circus is that baseball is boring, basketball is months away, football is around the corner and we in the media don’t have a thing interesting to write about.

How will this end up? I have no idea. All I know is Falcons fans better pray because Vick’s backup is Joey Harrington. Enough said.

God bless and God willing I’ll hollah at you next week.

Oh yeah, and it was just announced on CNN.com that the NFL has suspended Mike Vick indefinately.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Aug 24, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
Important news update about the Vick controversy

http://www.newsgroper.com/al-sharpton/2007...ck-innocent-oj/

Am I excusing Mr. Vick’s actions and recasting his horrific cruelty as an issue of race, poverty and crime endemic to marginalized black populations, thrust upon us by the dominant white discourse? Some questions are best left unanswered … but yes, there’s a strong likelihood I am doing that.

Consider this: If the police caught Brett Favre running a dolphin-fighting ring out of his pool, where dolphins with spears attached to their foreheads fought each other to the death, would they bust him? Of course not. They would get his autograph, commend him on his tightly-spiraled forward passes, then bet on one of his dolphins. (Probably the dolphin that can do the most flips — those dolphins would possess stronger necks, more skill manipulating their death spears and something like 3-1 odds.)

All hail dolphin fighting.

Was this written by the Onion? this cannot be from Al Sharpton himself