Michael Vick Accepts Plea Deal Per ESPN

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
Last I read this morning, that doesn't look likely at all. They are still talking minimum one year.

And no one cares what he has to say about others in the "business" anyway. He wasn't involved with the other "dogmen", his partners were. His information is about as useful as tits on a bull.

Vick finds God.

Some interesting things in this article, among them Arthur Blank trying to recoup the signing bonus from Vick, yet not cutting him from the team.

"We cannot tell you today that Michael is cut from the team. Cutting him may feel better emotionally for us and for many of our fans, but it's not in the long-term best interests of our franchise," Blank said.

Blank said there were many legal and contractual issues that must be addressed.

Rich McKay, the Falcons' general manager, said the team sent out a "demand letter" Monday for the suspended quarterback's $22 million bonus.

well..it was bound to happen....a quote from Vick:

"I am upset with myself and through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and have turned my life over to God. I think that's the right thing to do as of right now."

Damn....given his current track record...i didn't think he was even LOOKING for Jesus. What???? Did he stop by the crib and drop a few G's on a dogfight?????

I just gotta say that I saw Vick's apology, and I appreciate what he said. I would like to see how he behaves from here on out. Maybe he will actually learn something from all of this. If he does use this opportunity to turn himself around, I would not have much trouble cheering him on again. That may be a big "if" though.

Anybody can apologize for what they've done. Anybody can read what their publicists wrote for them, or remember the basic gist. Even if he means it, it'll be a cold day in hell before I cheer for him again. I'm not going to forgive him. I don't forgive monsters because they say they're sorry when Beowulf clubs them in the head. Dude wants to say sorry and look for redemption? He can live the rest of his life pretending to be a good man and if God dubs him a good man, he can forgive him. I have no intention to say, "Oh, he said he's sorry!" and leave it at that. He's got a long way to go to redeem himself in my eyes, and no, a check to an animal welfare group won't cut it.

• 4 weeks later...

When so many media savvy, and reasonably intelligent people defended him, I tried to see their point of view. I just can't. I understand the relative values we place on animals and how hunting deer is ok and hunting dogs is wrong. I believe they still use dogs in bear hunting, which I just can't stomach. I guess there would be some profound justice in a fair bear v. dog fight, since we allow the dogs to hunt bears, but I just don't get this. Perhaps it's the same emotion that allows people to watch the nature shows with predators hunting down and killing prey.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 12:39 PM)
When so many media savvy, and reasonably intelligent people defended him, I tried to see their point of view. I just can't. I understand the relative values we place on animals and how hunting deer is ok and hunting dogs is wrong. I believe they still use dogs in bear hunting, which I just can't stomach. I guess there would be some profound justice in a fair bear v. dog fight, since we allow the dogs to hunt bears, but I just don't get this. Perhaps it's the same emotion that allows people to watch the nature shows with predators hunting down and killing prey.

This was never about "hunting" dogs. Forget the specific animal issue, that's not the point - its the way things were done. Hunting a bear, eating the meet and using the hide is being a carnivore. Its also not cruel, by most peoples' definition. What they did - torturing domesticated animals, subjecting them to all kinds of unnatural violence, then killing them because they were no longer of use - was disgusting.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 02:09 PM)
This was never about "hunting" dogs. Forget the specific animal issue, that's not the point - its the way things were done. Hunting a bear, eating the meet and using the hide is being a carnivore. Its also not cruel, by most peoples' definition. What they did - torturing domesticated animals, subjecting them to all kinds of unnatural violence, then killing them because they were no longer of use - was disgusting.

I guess you are not familiar with a form of bear hunting popular in the south. Basically let the dogs out at dusk and start drinking beer. Soon you will hear the dogs on the scent of a bear. Jump in your truck, follow the radio tracking on your dog's collar, and wait for the bear to be treed by the dogs, walk up to the tree with the bear stuck up there. Draw lots for who gets the kill, and blast away.

http://www.smarthunter.com/newsletter/black_bear_hunting.htm

Like I said, I found it disgusting, but interesting that so many people would come to his defense. I just don't understand it.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Like I said, I found it disgusting, but interesting that so many people would come to his defense. I just don't understand it.

You're forgetting one thing about Bears. These are godless killing machines out to destroy all mankind. It is simply lunacy to leave ourselves exposed to them by leaving them alive.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 06:09 PM)
You're forgetting one thing about Bears. These are godless killing machines out to destroy all mankind. It is simply lunacy to leave ourselves exposed to them by leaving them alive.

fixed

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
I guess you are not familiar with a form of bear hunting popular in the south. Basically let the dogs out at dusk and start drinking beer. Soon you will hear the dogs on the scent of a bear. Jump in your truck, follow the radio tracking on your dog's collar, and wait for the bear to be treed by the dogs, walk up to the tree with the bear stuck up there. Draw lots for who gets the kill, and blast away.

http://www.smarthunter.com/newsletter/black_bear_hunting.htm

So that's disgusting, but still not nearly on the scale of torturing an animal for months or years. What is your point?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 07:14 PM)
So that's disgusting, but still not nearly on the scale of torturing an animal for months or years. What is your point?

My point was with so many people defending Vick, and they all aren't idiots and normally depraved, I tried to understand it, and couldn't. I looked for analogies and none of them fit, none of them reached the disgust level for harming domesticated dogs. I just couldn't seem to get in the minds of the predominantly black sports figures and entertainers who tried to offer an explanation.

I looked at what I wrote and that seemed pretty clear :huh

Link

Stricter release conditions were imposed on Michael Vick on Wednesday after he tested positive for marijuana use on Sept. 13.

Judge Henry E. Hudson restricted Vick to his home every day from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. at the request of Vick's probation officer, Patricia Locket-Ross.

Vick will be required to wear an electronic monitoring device to ensure his compliance with the order, court documents said.

Judge Hudson also ordered that Vick continue to participate in substance abuse and mental health counseling.

Vick has been ordered to pay for the costs of any treatment required as a result of his counseling. The cost of the home restriction program, including the electronic monitoring device, will also be paid by Vick, court documents said.