Michael Vick Accepts Plea Deal Per ESPN

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 27, 2007 -> 12:07 PM)
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...17/COLUMNISTS41

Deon Sanders pipes in.

I think a great line from Billy Madison is a perfect response for this:

"Mr. Sanders, what you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this world is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

What an idiot. Two high profile careers will be biting the dust.

BTW, 100% of the cows, chickens, hogs, etc. that enter a meat processing plant do not survive. Our industrial methods of execution for these animals isn't all that pleasant either. I am beginning to think Soxy's diet is for me.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Aug 12, 2007 -> 07:13 PM)
Might want to change the title to "Vick suspended for 1 year":

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Amdu...o&type=lgns

Link

The NFL dismissed a report Sunday that said commissioner Roger Goodell was close to announcing a season-long suspension of embattled Falcons quarterback Michael Vick for his alleged involvement in sponsoring a dogfighting operation.

Citing two sources within the league with knowledge of the situation, Yahoo.com reported late Sunday night that Goodell will announce "this week or next" that Vick will be suspended for the 2007 season.

"That's the direction it's going and has been from the time this started," one of the sources said this week, according to Yahoo. "The plan was to make sure it was announced before the season. Given what everybody has seen from what [league] security found and what the feds are telling us, there's really no choice."

"No decision has been made," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told USA Today. Aiello also said the league's independent review into the Vick case is not yet complete and that no action, if any, will be taken until the review has reached a conclusion.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 01:11 PM)
If he gets out of jail time I'll pitch a fit.

This isn't some push-over municipal court - its a federal case, one with a lot of strength. The feds have zero motivation to go easy, and in fact, will likely want to make an example out of him (being high profile).

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2972161

looks like they're talking to the Feds now

If he were a regular person, Vick would have taken the plea already. The only reason he hasn't taken the plea is he figures if he does, he never plays in the NFL again. Problem is, he gets 6 months to a year by taking the plea, but if he doesn't and is found guilty (which he would be, everybody else plead to testify against him), he gets at least 3 years in all likelihood and wouldn't be able to play when he gets out anyways. To me, it's a no brainer for him to plea out, but either way I don't see him playing in the NFL ever again.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
Same thing where he has until Friday to make up his mind or is this something new?

He has until Friday no matter what, because if he doesn't plea by then all accounts indicate a superseding indictment will be filed and he'll face at least 2 more federal dogfighting charges and be screwed even worse than he is now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
He has until Friday no matter what, because if he doesn't plea by then all accounts indicate a superseding indictment will be filed and he'll face at least 2 more federal dogfighting charges and be screwed even worse than he is now.

That's the same thing as reported this morning, correct?

I hope he doesn't deal and tries to fight it. I'm looking forward to seeing him cry when he's told he'll be spending some significant time behind bars.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
That's the same thing as reported this morning, correct?

I hope he doesn't deal and tries to fight it. I'm looking forward to seeing him cry when he's told he'll be spending some significant time behind bars.

I have no idea if that is what was reported this morning, I just know those are Vick's choices. And I can't put into words how dumb he'd have to be to not plea, he will literally save himself years of jail time by pleaing out.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
I have no idea if that is what was reported this morning, I just know those are Vick's choices. And I can't put into words how dumb he'd have to be to not plea, he will literally save himself years of jail time by pleaing out.

I heard a quote by his attny (sic) "this offer does not change the way we plan to defend the case..." So if he's true to his word, then they fight. And I do believe he is that stupid. He's a cocky sports "superstar". They are invincible don't ya know.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)
I heard a quote by his attny (sic) "this offer does not change the way we plan to defend the case..." So if he's true to his word, then they fight. And I do believe he is that stupid. He's a cocky sports "superstar". They are invincible don't ya know.

Oh trust me I know that HE is that dumb, I just don't think his attorney(s) are that dumb. His attorney is probably talking tough to try and get a bit more leverage in the plea deal. It's not like he can rely on the the jury he'll get either, this isn't happening in Atlanta and the part of Virginia where the jury pool would come from is very white.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
from foxnews.com

63 billion dollar law suit against Vick

Michael Vick Pledge alligience to Al Qaida in hand written law suit

the onion's got nothing on the real life comedy.

omg that is hysterical....

"michael vick subjected me to microwave testing

michael vick uses drugs in school zones"

"63,000,000,000.00 billion" --- so is that like 63 billion billion? even if its 63 billion...thats more than bill gates or warren buffett...lol

Edited by daa84

And if things weren't bad enough for Ron, the rest of the story suddenly comes out.

Embattled NFL quarterback Michael Vick, facing federal charges related to his alleged participation in dogfighting, has been hit with a "$63,000,000,000 billion dollar" lawsuit filed by a South Carolina inmate who alleges the Atlanta Falcons star stole his pit bulls and sold them on eBay to buy "missiles from Iran," FOX News has learned.

Jonathan Lee Riches filed the handwritten complaint over "theft and abuse of my animals" on July 23 in the U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va.

Riches alleges that Vick stole two white mixed pit bull dogs from his home in Holiday, Fla., and used them for dogfighting operations in Richmond, Va. The complaint goes on to allege that Vick sold the dogs on eBay and “used the proceeds to purchase missiles from the Iran government.”

The complaint also alleges that Vick would need those missiles because he pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda in February of this year.

“Michael Vick has to stop physically hurting my feelings and dashing my hopes,” Riches writes in the complaint.

Riches wants $63 billion dollars “backed by gold and silver “ delivered to the front gates to the Williamsburg Federal Correctional facility in South Carolina. Riches is an inmate at the facility serving out a wire fraud conviction.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Aug 17, 2007 -> 12:07 AM)
The lying SOB will plea Friday f*** Vick! :stick

Where did you hear this?? All morning I've been hearing that his lawyers are urging him to, but he's not sure "it's the right thing to do". :huh