Michael Vick Accepts Plea Deal Per ESPN

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"White guilt"...? Not quite.

The racism is clear as day on the screen in black and white. You defending it speaks volumes, though.

And no, we're not ALL guilty of making disgusting ASSumptions about others IN or OUT of ones race. Maybe the world YOU live in is full of judgemental assholes, but where I CHOOSE to associate is far from anything like that.

Lumping in an ENTIRE race and calling them guilty of dumbing down a race shows the true stupidity of the one doing the generalizing.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 09:28 AM)
Honestly, I dont think a majority of black people follow the NAACP and their beliefs. I honestly havent come across a single person who has mentioned that this is race related etc.

I also have not encountered one person who has said anything remotely close to this being a race issue.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
I also have not encountered one person who has said anything remotely close to this being a race issue.

Here is what I see as a BIG part of the problem. There are places in this country, such as where I live, where there is not much of a black community in the area. So, one can not really even have the opportunity to discover through personal means where members of that community stand. The only thing that we see is Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and other members that the media always runs to. This is probably the worst sampling that we can get. But, it is the ONLY sampling that many people see.

Also, if you do have access to that community, how many people have actually asked someone if they thought it was a race issue, and have gotten an answer that they know is what the person is truly feeling? I would suspect, and this is JMHO, that a black person would not want to tell a white person that they saw it as a racist issue unless they are a bit more boisterous.

So, my point is, that even if their opinions are not even close to representative of the black population, a lot of people get their reactions from that community through the likes of Jesse, etc. Awesome! After living in Chicago for a while, I know not to trust their opinions, but I really am left with no basis to know anything at all about what that community thinks other than my memories from high school of friends I had back then. And who really talked about those types of things in High School?

edit: Wanted to make the green clear.

Edited by vandy125

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
I find that jesse jackson and the NAACP spokespeople are not a very good representation of the black community.

I have a lot of AA friends and co-workers and most of them have called both him and Al some colorful names over the past months. Most of it over their stupidity regarding the Imus thing.

We do treat different animals differently. If we ate dogs, like we do cows, pigs, and chickens, we wouldn't be nearly as upset over Vick.

BTW, interesting side note. As humans, we have not domesticated a new species on thousands of years. Cows, pigs, dogs, cats, etc. were all done a long time ago.

I don't train cows to attack each other for the death. I may eat a cow, but I don't condone teaching them to kill each other nor do I go to the slaughter house and watch them get killed for excitement.

I am an animal lover though and while I don't condone hunting it is a boatload different than training two dogs to kill each other. Heck, do hunters, after not killing the animal, decide to drown it, or electricute them or hang them upside down?

Vick is what he is a piece of crap. (and pieces of crap come in all shapes, sizes and colors). If this was Brian Urlacher, I'd feel the exact same way.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 10:34 AM)
"White guilt"...? Not quite.

The racism is clear as day on the screen in black and white. You defending it speaks volumes, though.

And no, we're not ALL guilty of making disgusting ASSumptions about others IN or OUT of ones race. Maybe the world YOU live in is full of judgemental assholes, but where I CHOOSE to associate is far from anything like that.

Lumping in an ENTIRE race and calling them guilty of dumbing down a race shows the true stupidity of the one doing the generalizing.

(A) it's good to know we have someone of perfect moral fiber on the board. That's always nice to have. I thought Jesus was the only one who was truly perfect, but I guess we've found another.

(B) I think you're reading into his comments a little too much. He said blacks stick to their people in these situations. Why is this such a shocker? I really doubt he meant every last man and woman always sides with people of their own race, but the majority do. Again, look at OJ. And again, look at my example of being a football fan. Everyone does it.

©I love the comedian Patrice O'neals comments on this stuff: If we can all just admit we're all a little racist, the world would be a better place.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)
(A) it's good to know we have someone of perfect moral fiber on the board. That's always nice to have. I thought Jesus was the only one who was truly perfect, but I guess we've found another.

(B) I think you're reading into his comments a little too much. He said blacks stick to their people in these situations. Why is this such a shocker? I really doubt he meant every last man and woman always sides with people of their own race, but the majority do. Again, look at OJ. And again, look at my example of being a football fan. Everyone does it.

©I love the comedian Patrice O'neals comments on this stuff: If we can all just admit we're all a little racist, the world would be a better place.

I'm not perfect, faaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr, very very faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from it, though I do make a conscience decision not to make asshole generalizations about people, especially people I don't know or associate with.

I read his comments and intrepreted them as he wrote them - and as he cleared up with a follow up post as well. He thinks the AA population as a WHOLE supports this s***. His words, not mine. If he didn't generalize, I don't bother commenting about how ignorant his words were.

Again, maybe everyone in your world does it. Explains perfectly why you support his comments.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)
Sadly the most vocal people (or the people the media wishes to grace with the spotlight) are the people who support his theory.

And they make assholes of themselves every time they open their mouths. It's rather comical.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)
Since the onion is blocked here at work, any chance you can copy the article?

Quick version...

Vick's jersey is a hot seller right now. Then the pic is and orange prison jumpsuit with his name and number on it.

Sales-Brisk.jpg

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 12:18 PM)
Steff, are you sure you're not perfect? Did you steal a grape from the supermarket or something?

No grapes. But enough Bazooka bubble gum before the age of 8 that in today's market it would probably add up to a felony charge. My grampa did own the store though. :lolhitting

I need new shoes. I had thought about buying some of those Starbury shoes due to my liking the concept of them, and them being in a great price range.

Welp, now it looks like I'll be going back to Wal-Mart and buying something a little more expensive but not endorsed by a moron.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 23, 2007 -> 01:18 PM)
What the f*** kind of person doesn't steal grapes? :huh

Ewwwuu.. I would NEVER eat fruit from a store without washing it first. Can you imagine how many people may have touched those grapes..? Icky..