Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
or draft Ted Ginn over Brady Quinn :huh

Ted Ginn who is signed and making a big impression in training camp or brady quinn who is holding out for top 10 money?

P.S. Beck is also getting rave reviews from camp as well, also signed btw..

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 03:00 AM)
Ted Ginn who is signed and making a big impression in training camp or brady quinn who is holding out for top 10 money?

P.S. Beck is also getting rave reviews from camp as well, also signed btw..

and there is the "Dolphins never make a wrong move" TRU I love

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
and there is the "Dolphins never make a wrong move" TRU I love

Whether they made the wrong move or not passing on Quinn has yet to be seen.. All I am saying is Ginn and Beck are both signed and showing good things in camp while Quinn is holding out for big money..

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:03 PM)
Hah, somebody actually defending drafting Tedd Ginn 9th overall? That makes my morning...

Houston was going to take him at 10, St. Louis also had him at their pick shortly after that..

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
And guess what -- the pick still didn't make sense for Miami.

We'll see this season, I guess...

Actually it DID make sense..

Miami needs two things, a QB of the future and speed.. they had just about zero team speed going into this season.. So they take Ted Ginn who is prolly the fastest player in this draft. He is not asked to start and he will be able to be eased into playing, and his speed will not only help on offense but on returns as well..

The only way it makes sense is what Miami did with the second pick, taking John Beck. They got their QB of the future while also being able to add some serious speed to a very slow offense.

The only way this doesn't make sense is if Quinn becomes a good quarterback, Beck doesn't, and Ginn never amounts to anything. However, like I said already Beck and Ginn are signed while Quinn plummets to the 20's and yet thinks he should get Top 10 money.

Everything out of Miamis camp is about how much speed Ginn has and how he gets an opening and hes gone. His speed is incredible, and its one thing Miami hasn't had on offense, pretty much since the days of Clayton and Duper. Beck has also been showing good things in camp and with Camerons success with QBs I think he should be a solid player.

And before wite comes on here and does his same old "Dolphins never do anything wrong routine" I wanted Quinn at 9 and was disgusted when they passed on him for Ginn. However, its not looking that bad now.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 06:24 PM)
Miami needs two things, a QB of the future and speed.. they had just about zero team speed going into this season.. So they take Ted Ginn who is prolly the fastest player in this draft. He is not asked to start and he will be able to be eased into playing, and his speed will not only help on offense but on returns as well..

Smart GMs can find "speed" in later rounds. With the 9th overall pick? You're looking for an impact player, not a kick returner with above average but not spectacular receiving skills.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:00 PM)
No, I'm not going to use his nickname, but Colts DT Anthony McFarland appears to be pretty much done for the season after tearing up his knee.

The Colts have had a tough offseason. they still have one of the best offenses around, but they have lost a lot on D

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:52 PM)
"They just took Devin Hester 9th overall"

-Me to my friends after hearing the pick of Ginn.

Except Ted Ginn is not JUST a returner and will be able to play the WR position unlike Hester who wont.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
Smart GMs can find "speed" in later rounds. With the 9th overall pick? You're looking for an impact player, not a kick returner with above average but not spectacular receiving skills.

Smart GMs, a known three of them, were set to take Ginn 9,10, and 12-13 whichever St. Louis had. Ginn has game changing speed, he is a raw receiver who could become a pretty damn good player.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
Except Ted Ginn is not JUST a returner and will be able to play the WR position unlike Hester who wont.

He'll be able to lineup in the WR spot, sure. Will he be anything more than a 3rd wideout? I know I wouldn't want him starting for my team, and again -- with the 9th overall pick, I want a starter.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 02:05 PM)
He'll be able to lineup in the WR spot, sure. Will he be anything more than a 3rd wideout? I know I wouldn't want him starting for my team, and again -- with the 9th overall pick, I want a starter.

Yes, and before a down is even played you already assuming he will never be a starter. Well see what happens.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
Smart GMs, a known three of them, were set to take Ginn 9,10, and 12-13 whichever St. Louis had. Ginn has game changing speed, he is a raw receiver who could become a pretty damn good player.

having seen just about every snap of his college career, i think ginn has a long way to go to become an nfl caliber receiver. i'm not saying he won't eventually be there, but he is really raw in terms of receiving skills at this point.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
having seen just about every snap of his college career, i think ginn has a long way to go to become an nfl caliber receiver. i'm not saying he won't eventually be there, but he is really raw in terms of receiving skills at this point.

Yep, I know this. He needs to work on his route running big time. However, this year guys like Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, and Derek Hagan will be in front of him. All they will expect from Ginn on offense this season will be to run the occasional reverse and stretch the field while he gets the work he needs to become a solid WR in the league.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Aug 6, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
Yep, I know this. He needs to work on his route running big time. However, this year guys like Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, and Derek Hagan will be in front of him. All they will expect from Ginn on offense this season will be to run the occasional reverse and stretch the field while he gets the work he needs to become a solid WR in the league.

well, it's more than his route-running. it's how he gets off the line, how he moves his hips, how he catches the ball, etc. etc. ginn was brought to ohio state to be a defensive back and up until a year ago he was still claiming that that's where his future was. frankly, i tend to think he'd have been a better and more natural db.

either way, though, i know this seems like i'm bashing ginn but i'm not. i do think he'll be an impact player eventually, and this year he will no doubt give you a few of those "whoa" moments.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 7, 2007 -> 07:33 AM)
well, it's more than his route-running. it's how he gets off the line, how he moves his hips, how he catches the ball, etc. etc. ginn was brought to ohio state to be a defensive back and up until a year ago he was still claiming that that's where his future was. frankly, i tend to think he'd have been a better and more natural db.

either way, though, i know this seems like i'm bashing ginn but i'm not. i do think he'll be an impact player eventually, and this year he will no doubt give you a few of those "whoa" moments.

Being a rookie, all I care about right now is seeing him return kicks and streaking past DBs on go routes..

He toasted two first round picks this year in college (Ross and Hall) and he will get the teaching he needs

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 11:06 PM)
Am peeved to learn that I am not getting NFL Network for some reason. Turned it on today and it is blacked out saying I don't have access to that channel. Bastards!

Same thing happened to me. Last year I had it, I have Comcast. This year I go to turn it on and I dont have it. I called them and they said I have to buy a sports package. Its BS

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
Same thing happened to me. Last year I had it, I have Comcast. This year I go to turn it on and I dont have it. I called them and they said I have to buy a sports package. Its BS

Crap! What does the sports package entail? I may consider it once the MLB Channel is up and going.

Wonder if the Big Ten Network is in this sports package.