Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
Hell of a pass right there by Farve to tie the record.

That defense was f***ing horrible. The corneback played it like crap, and the safety took the worst angle possible.

GB is decent, which is probably good enough in the NFC, but I'm still not that worried. Their defense is good but not as good as the Bears', and over the long haul I can't see their offense putting up a large amount of points.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
That defense was f***ing horrible. The corneback played it like crap, and the safety took the worst angle possible.

GB is decent, which is probably good enough in the NFC, but I'm still not that worried. Their defense is good but not as good as the Bears', and over the long haul I can't see their offense putting up a large amount of points.

I agree on the defense, but their O is light years better than the Bears. Farve appears rejuvenated.

They can win games in the 20's. I don't think the Bears can win a game where their opponent scores 20... Not without Hester doing something special, or a couple defensive scores.

Overall, the Packers look like a better team right now.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
I agree on the defense, but their O is light years better than the Bears. Farve appears rejuvenated.

They can win games in the 20's. I don't think the Bears can win a game where their opponent scores 20... Not without Hester doing something special, or a couple defensive scores.

I don't doubt that their offense is better than the Bears' -- afterall, that isn't saying a lot -- but over the course of the season, I don't see them scoring as many points as they are now. Their WR/TE combination is thoroughly unimpressive and Brandon Jackson doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence.

Overall, the Packers look like a better team right now.

At this moment in time, you're probably right. I was at the game last week and I can't remember the last time I felt so 'unsure' about a win.

Let's see if that changes tonight. Turner will now have two above average tight ends at his disposal. I want to see more single-back sets with both Olsen and Clark on the field. I also want to see one of those two split the middle of the field a bit. I don't want to make Grossman out to be a great or even very good quarterback, but I'm amazed by how much Turner has suppressed the few qualities that Grossman did well at Florida, those being working (well) out of the shotgun and Sex Cannon's "f*** it, I'm going deep" mentality.

Then again, I've been waiting for Turner to show some 'innovative-ness' or creativity since he got here, and it has yet to happen, so I don't know why I'm still waiting...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)

if the bears offense doesn't get it going, the packers are going to beat them in 2 weeks. green bay's offense may not be great but its definitely average to above-average which will be good enough to score at least 10 points on the bears and probably more if rex is turning the ball over. i'm not so sure i can say the same about the bears offense as far as the bears scoring 10+ points on a good packers D.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
I'm glad the bears finally decided that Hester was a weapon on the end-around (even if you don't hand him the ball)... I've been asking for it since about week 8 last season.

Agreed. That is how you use him as a decoy, not by just putting him on the field.

Well I think all of us will be frustrated after that 1st half.

Terrible start offensively by the Boys in the 1st quarter, but it looked like Romo started to get into a rhythm in the 2nd quarter. Blocking a field goal from 23 yards out though, that could kill us when it's all said and done.

We can't get a running game going, so it looks like it's on Tony Romo right now. The Bears can't get much going either although it looked like Berrian was having some success early. Is Terence Newman playing, or is he opposed to Jacques Reeves?