Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 02:19 AM)
They will, they play Buffalo twice

We can keep this up forever wite :ph34r:

We'll see; the Bills have lost a game twice this year - as in had the lead and then gave it up - on last second field goals, both of which the teams were lucky to be able to even attempt. The Dolphins have lost on last second field goals, but there wasn't any voodoo magic involved like there was last night nor against Denver. Add to it that the Bills defense is also much younger, and I like the Bills going forward much more than I do the Dolphins.

You also have to consider the points allowed here; the Bills play a bend, don't break style defense, especially in the red zone, and it's shown this year in that they've only ever given up a great amount of points one time, and that was against the (soon-to-be-19-0) Patriots, whereas the Dolphins improved defense with Joey Porter has given up 31 or more 3 times already in 5 games. That doesn't bode well for success.

I'd imagine based on coaching and youth alone that the Bills are already better, and they should have atleast last night's game to their win total too. They also have a pretty damn bright future finally thanks in large part to Levy taking over GMing duties.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 04:13 AM)
You act like Miami is better lol, Buffalo isnt good at all no doubt.... but when compared to Miami I think I might give them the edge actually.

Miami is better than Buffalo, but don't mistake me for trying to say that Miami is a good team right now..

There is nothing I like on Buffalo more than I do on Miami, I don't know why wite seems to think their future is so much brighter than Miamis.. We have the league leader in yards from scrimmage as the focal point of our offense which has been MUCH better this season than last season.. Were a rebuilding team with a rookie head coach, it wont come over night and even so the talent this team already has it wasn't crazy to think they could win 8-9-10 games this season but obviously thats not gonna happen.. but you're kidding yourself if you think Miami is terrible.

We had chances to beat Washington in the season opener and just got the unfortunate draw of losing the coin toss in overtime, the Dallas game is very misleading we were winning that game going into the 4th quarter and we most likely would have won if Trent Green didn't s*** his pants, we lost against a division rival on the road by 3, we lost to Oakland because we couldn't stop the run and what a shock, Zach Thomas didn't play that game.. There is no way Oakland rushes for what they did with Zach on the field, and then Sunday we lose on a record setting day for a kicker.. theres not much you can do about that especially considering no one had ever made 3 54+ yard field goals in a game in the history of the NFL..

Yes Miami is 0-5, but they aren't getting blown away like the Bills are.. the same Bills who are practically dead last in the NFL in offense AND defense..

I'd imagine based on coaching and youth alone that the Bills are already better, and they should have atleast last night's game to their win total too. They also have a pretty damn bright future finally thanks in large part to Levy taking over GMing duties.

Miami has youth, the only people who think they are so old are the people who have no idea about the team.. We have plenty of young guys being worked into the defense and equally so on the offensive side of the ball.. And the coaching? Ha. How is Buffalos coaching better than Miamis? We have one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL coaching our team and turning what was usually a pathetic offense year in and out to a respectable group on the rise this year. Dom Capers is also a good defensive coordinator as well, we have the best offensive line coach in the league.. Im failing to see where Buffalo has the edge in any of this..

I wont argue with you though, you go ahead and think Buffalo has greener pastures in their future than Miami.. theres no way that your mind would change about this and thats fine, Buffalo is your team.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
There is nothing I like on Buffalo more than I do on Miami, I don't know why wite seems to think their future is so much brighter than Miamis..

Despite Ronnie Brown's finally living up to the hype, I'd take Marshawn Lynch over him anyday. Lynch's top speed is just ridiculous and he definitely changes direction much better.

Both teams blow and will blow for a few more years regardless, but give me Lynch over Brown.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 01:35 PM)
Despite Ronnie Brown's finally living up to the hype, I'd take Marshawn Lynch over him anyday. Lynch's top speed is just ridiculous and he definitely changes direction much better.

Both teams blow and will blow for a few more years regardless, but give me Lynch over Brown.

Thats just ridiculous

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
Miami is better than Buffalo, but don't mistake me for trying to say that Miami is a good team right now..

That's not what the records would seem to indicate, would it?

We had chances to beat Washington in the season opener and just got the unfortunate draw of losing the coin toss in overtime, the Dallas game is very misleading we were winning that game going into the 4th quarter and we most likely would have won if Trent Green didn't s*** his pants, we lost against a division rival on the road by 3, we lost to Oakland because we couldn't stop the run and what a shock, Zach Thomas didn't play that game.. There is no way Oakland rushes for what they did with Zach on the field, and then Sunday we lose on a record setting day for a kicker.. theres not much you can do about that especially considering no one had ever made 3 54+ yard field goals in a game in the history of the NFL..

Using the "first possession in overtime" excuse is hilarious; scoring is not a given, as only like 30-40% of teams score on their first possession in overtime to end it. Man up and play some defense, get the ball back, and win the game.

It's also funny that they lost the Dallas game, because I thought Trent Green was supposed to be a great game manager who wouldn't lose games for the Dolphins. I think those were almost your exact words going into the season.

Yes Miami is 0-5, but they aren't getting blown away like the Bills are.. the same Bills who are practically dead last in the NFL in offense AND defense..

So suddenly losing by 17 to the Cowboys (Bills lost by 1) and 18 to the Raiders means they aren't getting blown out? The Bills have been blown out in 2 games. The first was against a 4-1 Steelers team that looks oustanding so far, and the other was against possibly the best team the NFL has seen in 20 years. Compare getting destroyed by the Cowboys and Raiders to the Steelers and Patriots. And then consider that the Dolphins lost to the Jets at about 100% health while the Bills beat them with like half the defense down and a rookie starting at QB. What does that say about the Dolphins?

Miami has youth, the only people who think they are so old are the people who have no idea about the team.. We have plenty of young guys being worked into the defense and equally so on the offensive side of the ball.. And the coaching? Ha. How is Buffalos coaching better than Miamis? We have one of the brightest offensive minds in the NFL coaching our team and turning what was usually a pathetic offense year in and out to a respectable group on the rise this year. Dom Capers is also a good defensive coordinator as well, we have the best offensive line coach in the league.. Im failing to see where Buffalo has the edge in any of this..

Zach Thomas is 34, Jason Taylor's 33, Porter 30, Traylor and Holliday in the middle of the line...that's a pretty old team as far as I'm concerned, whereas the Bills are essentially full of players within their first 5 years in the league. If you'd just look at the rosters, you'd see the huge difference.

I look at coaching and see the health of the teams. The Bills are down about 10 players, and a few more are banged up, and yet they still forced 6 turnovers last night. Again, some is Romo having a bad day, but the other is disguising coverages. I don't recall Romo throwing one INT against Miami, so maybe he was just having a really good day.

I'd like to point out the points allowed statistic as well. The Bills are a bend, don't break defense, and thus, tend to stop teams in the redzone and force the field goal. I don't have the statistics on hand, but I'd venture to guess the Bills have forced quite a few field goals, seeing as how Denver kicked 5 field goals in week 1, Dallas kicked 4 last night, and Pittsburgh kicked 4 field goals; New England destroyed them like they do every team, and the Jets forced 346 yards, which is only a solid day. With a little health, the Bills defense is probably looking better than that even.

I wont argue with you though, you go ahead and think Buffalo has greener pastures in their future than Miami.. theres no way that your mind would change about this and thats fine, Buffalo is your team.

I will. A future at QB (who knows about Beck, even with how he's looked, and Lemon's almost 30 already), a future at RB (both teams have), a great OLine, a very solid front 7 (too bad Poz went down), and a very solid secondary (with Jabari Greer looking really solid along with Terrence McGee, and Donte Whitner). A little seasoning, a little more talent, and the Bills should be fine. Meanwhile, if the Dolphins are rebuilding, they're not doing a great job of it; starting a 37 year old QB and bringing in a 30 year old Joey Porter isn't doing much for the future. You'd think if you're going to rebuild, you'd go all out...but I guess I'm not Cam Cameron.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 01:40 PM)
Thats just ridiculous

Tell me why.

I love how Ronnie Brown has three good weeks in three years and all of the sudden he's amazing. Marshawn Lynch is the real deal, Ronnie Brown is Cedric Benson with an offensive line.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 02:31 PM)
Tell me why.

I love how Ronnie Brown has three good weeks in three years and all of the sudden he's amazing. Marshawn Lynch is the real deal, Ronnie Brown is Cedric Benson with an offensive line.

Ronnie Brown has been good every season, its laughable at best to say hes Cedric Benson with an offensive line when Miami has had a patchwork line for YEARS now..

As a rookie he carried the ball 207 times and SPLIT CARRIES with Ricky Williams, he still ran for over 900 yards and 4.4 ypc clip

In his 2nd season he only played in 13 games due to injury YET rushed for over 1,000 yards while still only getting carries in the low 240's.. 4.2 ypc as well

P.S. Miamis line is still mediocre at best at this point

Season three, the offensive line is improved we have an offensive coach after a repetitive line of defensive minded guys.. hmm, Ronnie Brown is leading the league in yards from scrimmage AND toting a 5.1 ypc?

Ronnie Brown has gotten better EVERY year, and now that we have someone who knows what they are doing with the offense he is playing at an elite level..

Wise up Steve, I thought you were more knowledgeable than this

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)

I am... and you are very obviously a Miami homer who wears your heart on your sleeve.

That's not a horrible thing, btw, but I stand by the fact that Marshawn Lynch > Ronnie Brown in talent.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 10:18 AM)
I am... and you are very obviously a Miami homer who wears your heart on your sleeve.

That's not a horrible thing, btw, but I stand by the fact that Marshawn Lynch > Ronnie Brown in talent.

Well you're wrong, and I am willing to bet there isn't a team in the NFL that would take Lynch over Ronnie Brown

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 9, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 10:49 AM)
I don't think you know what you are talking about.

LOL, I love when stubborn people argue on this board

Well, we have established that you both feel that you dont know what you are talking about(either of you)

carry on, carry on

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 11:31 AM)
LOL, I love when stubborn people argue on this board

Well, we have established that you both feel that you dont know what you are talking about(either of you)

carry on, carry on

Then there's the guy who just doesn't say anything relevant and takes no stance, but sure likes to b**** alot.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Shadows @ Oct 10, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
YOU

b***ing? No way, this is way too fun to watch. I was just noticing, No complaints here.

And FWIW, if I had to take a side, I would want Ronnie Brown at this point. I always found him to be a pretty tough runner. Marshon Lynch I dont know much about at this point, so i am keeping a fantasy football eye on him for future leagues, but he certainly looks like he has a chance to be pretty good.

But the fact remains that they are both on teams that are currently in flux, so their numbers seem a bit off to me(meaning they may have much better numbers with a better team around them).

But I am neither a Dolphins fan or a Bills fan, so it really doesnt matter to me either way