Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
What are John Gilmore's numbers? he has a chance at it too right :unsure:

Ya, a lot of people overlook him but I figured if he continues at this pace hes gonna be somewhere around 6 for his career. So needless to say hes gonna be in the discussion down the road.

I told you it was the Adam Archuleta curse! :D

Bears SS Adam Archuleta was benched during Sunday's game for poor tackling.

The Bears said that Archuleta's broken hand caused him to be ineffective. Adrian Peterson made him look silly on several occasions, and Archuleta also bit badly on a play-action fake that led to Troy Williamson's 60-yard TD.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 07:48 PM)
I dont know about that. Griese has put up most of his numbers late in games when were down against soft defenses. He also is throwing something like 50 passes a game. He has like 9 turnovers in 3 games and cant convert a third down to save his life.

Heres a little tidbit too. Brian Griese now has more NFC north losses in three games as a starter than Grossman does in his whole career. Thats only if you count the half he played against Green Bay on New Years eve last year too.

You are very observant and also very correct

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 01:13 PM)
I deleted my post, as I don't want to get into the whole Griese/Grossman debate again. Griese was atrocious today up until the last two drives.

He was worse than atrocious and yet somehow people are acting like he had a good game. He had two good drives, one against a prevent prevent defense and the other was an awesome pass to Hester (I tip my cap to that). But that first drive shouldn't have even happened as he threw a pick that was dropped (horrible pass) before the Bears got the TD to Moose.

Chris Chambers traded to the Chargers for a 2nd round pick

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7340346

Ill take it, we need to get some more talent and have holes to fill.. the 2nd round pick helps, plus Chambers was making some good money and we took him in the 2nd anyways.. Hopefully well get to see more Ginn now

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 05:06 PM)
Bears need a #1 WR... Moose is at most a #2 anymore. Also would help to have a quality QB as well but hey one thing at a time around here....

What they need is a free agent left tackle and a 1st round pick guard to help their running/passing.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 04:58 AM)
Would he be a guy the Bears would target in the off-season if they couldn't get McNabb?

Why, exactly? We either need the "proven" guy -- McNabb -- or a stopgap while a QB we draft in the near future is developing. I'll admit to knowing very little about Losman, but how is he any different from a guy like Grossman?

I know it wont be the popular pick around here but id be a big fan of bringing Harrington in. We lose Griese/Grossman/Fred Miller/Ruben Brown/Mike Brown and i think Ricky Manning jr will be a f/a too. That is a lot of cap room so we should have more than enough to resign Briggs. Than id draft a stud tackle... possibly Jake Long if we got the chance and either draft an OG or give Metcalf the gig. Than we go with Harrington as atleast the starter for next year and the year after where we could take a look at QB's. Harrington should be available with the falcons having Leftwich now too.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 17, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
Why, exactly? We either need the "proven" guy -- McNabb -- or a stopgap while a QB we draft in the near future is developing. I'll admit to knowing very little about Losman, but how is he any different from a guy like Grossman?

Wite would know more about him then I do, but IIRC, a lot of people were saying he really came on last season, and he's basically just lost his job because the Bills are rebuilding from scratch and he got injured at the start of the season.

And I don't know if Angelo would be iffy in taking a QB high in the draft after the Grossman pick.

From what I recall about Losman - I watched as much Bills as anybody on here last year, or perhaps even less (Balta may be able to help me out)...

-doesn't manage a game well

-not mobile in the least

-cannon arm

-doesn't check down well, seen easily by the fact that almost half of his yards went to Lee Evans last year (which also speaks about the Bills talent at wideout too)

-other than to an explosive receiver (read: Evans) or on a deep route to the first check down, afraid to take a chance

-very accurate passer

-very afraid to make a mistake

...and the Bills were in a very conservative offense last year.

At the very best, Losman could be Kyle Boller, but I would probably compare him to the illegitimate child of Patrick Ramsey and David Carr...meaning you don't want him running your offense.