Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 06:39 PM)
So is there ANYHING the Bears don't need upgrades on for the offensive side of the ball (and that's including coaching staff).

I'd love to see how any of these pieces could do with an actual Offensive line. I'd love to have seen how Grossman could have performed, with Benson behind him and these receivers, if they had an O-Line that was performing well. It's always struck me as remarkable how many deficiencies a good O-Line can mask.

Except for Griese. Seriously, don't you bench him after that one?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)
I'd love to see how any of these pieces could do with an actual Offensive line. I'd love to have seen how Grossman could have performed, with Benson behind him and these receivers, if they had an O-Line that was performing well. It's always struck me as remarkable how many deficiencies a good O-Line can mask.

The OLine is 100% the reason for the offenses failures this year.

Well that and Turner has had a terrible year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)

I believe Grossman had really grown. He was hard to evaluate without a line, running game, and one legit reciever (Moose is old and slow).

In terms of draft need from least to most urgent

TE

C

WR

QB (I have to hear a prognosis on Grossman first. If he's done for the season, this is higher/lower)

T

RB

G

QUOTE(rockren @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
The OLine is 100% the reason for the offenses failures this year.

Well that and Turner has had a terrible year.

I don't care who your O-coordinator is, if your O-Line can't create holes for a running back or keep the D off of your QB, then your coordinator is going to look horrible. Not to excuse anything, but seriously, if your options are "Run for 1-2 yards or have the QB drop back and have a 33% chance of having him sacked/hit", you figure out how to make that work.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
I believe Grossman had really grown. He was hard to evaluate without a line, running game, and one legit reciever (Moose is old and slow).

In terms of draft need from least to most urgent

TE

C

WR

QB (I have to hear a prognosis on Grossman first. If he's done for the season, this is higher/lower)

T

RB

G

Hmmm...if you're putting Guard at the top...how much interest would you have in Faneca?

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
I meant to ask you, why do you like the Patriots?

Success, and I love Belichick's attitude. I love Brady's cool style -- if I'd been alive and grown in the 80s, I'd have been a Bears fan because of how nasty that defense is but I'd have certainly shifted to the 49ers because of Joe Cool. I just love cold, sustained success and excellence. I love that Bill Belichick doesn't allow the league to tell him what to do; I love his hoodie (it's the only material wish I have for this Christmas); I love his coy treatment of the media. And I have a lot of things in common with Belichick that I won't get into.

When I was a kid, I didn't really care for the Bears. I loved the Broncos, back in the Elway days. I enjoyed the Packers a little. I really enjoyed last year's team until it became clear to me that they were a fluke but damn, that defense was good for awhile.