Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 10:07 PM)
Babich really needs to get fired, as well as Turner, the second the season ends.

I dont know if I'm ready to give Turner the can yet. The O-line has been so miserable I cant put all the blame on him. That being said I wouldnt shed any tears if he did get canned. As for Babich, I couldnt agree more that he needs the can. The only thing that doesnt make sense is we lead the league in 3 and outs and really good in 3rd and long... but just horrible in every other statistic.

Oh god....Rex has made so many strides. I can only hope that somehow its not super serious. Still, he was playing himself into a couple year contract and really was the least of the Bears concerns. The Bears need to rebuild the entire oline and really fix the dline (they can probably fix the dline with Tommie Harris and Dusty getting healthy but that is obviously a risk to see whether they can get back and stay healthy).

I so hope Rex will be okay. Regardless I never ever want to see Griese play for the Bears (than again I recall saying that the first week I saw him). The guy is a f***ing bum. He just doesn't have NFL ability anymore.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 08:49 PM)
I don't care who your O-coordinator is, if your O-Line can't create holes for a running back or keep the D off of your QB, then your coordinator is going to look horrible. Not to excuse anything, but seriously, if your options are "Run for 1-2 yards or have the QB drop back and have a 33% chance of having him sacked/hit", you figure out how to make that work.

Turner has still had a terrible year in failing to incorporate Hester into the offense. I understand that it isn't as people think- but talk about a complete lack of creativity.

Turner also has stuck to the game plan too much. When something isn't working.....it isn't working. We've stayed committed to the run even though we KNEW we couldn't run.

Say what you will about not being able to do anything, but Turner did nothing to try and change it. When is the last time you ever saw the Bears line up in shot gun with 5 WRs? Why not give Rex a look at his old Florida days? How could that be any worse than what we've been doing?

It's just a shame how this season has gone for Rex because I totally believe he's a very capable QB and will probably throw it back in our face if he gets a chance to play somewhere else.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
I dont know if I'm ready to give Turner the can yet. The O-line has been so miserable I cant put all the blame on him. That being said I wouldnt shed any tears if he did get canned. As for Babich, I couldnt agree more that he needs the can. The only thing that doesnt make sense is we lead the league in 3 and outs and really good in 3rd and long... but just horrible in every other statistic.

I'm ready to scrap him and get an O-Coordinator who will put the ball in the air. We have the QB in Rex to do it.

With the way the NFL is now in pass interferences/illegal contact and everything else the defense isn't allowed to do....it's stupid not to throw more.

QUOTE(rockren @ Dec 7, 2007 -> 01:09 AM)
I'm ready to scrap him and get an O-Coordinator who will put the ball in the air. We have the QB in Rex to do it.

With the way the NFL is now in pass interferences/illegal contact and everything else the defense isn't allowed to do....it's stupid not to throw more.

Lacking the ability to incorporate our most dangerous offensive weapons and a total lack of a decent game plan is what should give him the boot. He has been just awful.