Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely Billick will be canned now after this? Baltimore could be the worst team in the NFL right now, which is quite hilarious considering they won what 13 games last season.

And Romo's doing his best to re-incarnate the Buffalo version of himself. Other teams seem to be doubling up on TO and pretty much force him to throw to Witten.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 05:48 PM)
Surely Billick will be canned now after this? Baltimore could be the worst team in the NFL right now, which is quite hilarious considering they won what 13 games last season.

And Romo's doing his best to re-incarnate the Buffalo version of himself. Other teams seem to be doubling up on TO and pretty much force him to throw to Witten.

This Dallas-Philly matchup is a really crappy game to watch, so far.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 07:12 PM)
I hate these Cowboys. They're the worst "good" team I've ever seen.

(I'm being hyperbolic, but they aren't all that good.)

Today isn't really a fair test, something has to be wrong with Romo's hand. He was ridiculously bad today. And even the Pats would look like s*** if Brady couldn't grip the ball. (Hint, hint. :pray )

Yeah not really a huge shock that we dropped one.

We've been walking a tightrope recently.

Hopefully it's a bit of a wakeup call, especially to the offense that they can't just show up and expect things to happen.

And I'll reserve judgment on Pratt's comments, but I remember a certain Bears team that won 13 games with Jim Miller as the QB.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
Yeah not really a huge shock that we dropped one.

We've been walking a tightrope recently.

Hopefully it's a bit of a wakeup call, especially to the offense that they can't just show up and expect things to happen.

And I'll reserve judgment on Pratt's comments, but I remember a certain Bears team that won 13 games with Jim Miller as the QB.

:huh:

Pratt is a Pats fan. I'm a Bears fan, and even I'll say that if you're setting the bar that low for your Cowboys, you must be ready for just about any AFC playoff team to wipe the floor with your 'boys.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 12:14 PM)
:huh:

Pratt is a Pats fan. I'm a Bears fan, and even I'll say that if you're setting the bar that low for your Cowboys, you must be ready for just about any AFC playoff team to wipe the floor with your 'boys.

I know that.

I'm not setting the bar low at all, I'm just saying if he's calling us the worst 12-2 team in football, well IMHO there have been worse than us with that type of record. And I brought up the Bears because I remember them having Miller at QB, Anthony Thomas at RB and they got owned by Donovan McNabb scrambling in the playoffs.

I think if we play at our best we can beat anybody. I've already said the key for the Cowboys if they play the Pats is to control Wes Welker as their 3rd WR, because he dominated us last time.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
I know that.

I'm not setting the bar low at all, I'm just saying if he's calling us the worst 12-2 team in football, well IMHO there have been worse than us with that type of record. And I brought up the Bears because I remember them having Miller at QB, Anthony Thomas at RB and they got owned by Donovan McNabb scrambling in the playoffs.

I think if we play at our best we can beat anybody. I've already said the key for the Cowboys if they play the Pats is to control Wes Welker as their 3rd WR, because he dominated us last time.

Lol to be fair, Jim Miller did get injured like in the first quarter of that game... and McNabb was much younger than and actually able to scramble away from DT's. And, nobody.... dont nobody be hating on Anthony Thomas.... I personally liked him a lot more than TJ or Benson.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
I know that.

Even playing at their best the Cowboys had better hope that the Patriots are playing mediocre and have a s***ty gameplan and Tom Brady has a heart attack because they simply don't match up to New England.

The Pats secondary can still be exploited, and Philly bombed the middle of the field with their passing attack, so they still have some weaknesses.

I like being the underdog though. Although it would be absolutely hilarious if the Colts managed to knock off the Pats in the AFC conference finals.

Today confirmed 2 things:

1. The NFC champion will be destroyed in the Super Bowl, next question.

2. The Patriots better hope they don't get the Jaguars on a bad weather day in the playoffs, or they will lose.

And I won big money on the Jets and the points, wahoo.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Hell yes they did

Now everyone on here can STFU about them going winless

And worry about more important things, like seeing the '72 Dolphins shut up. Enjoy 1-15. :)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
Today confirmed 2 things:

1. The NFC champion will be destroyed in the Super Bowl, next question.

2. The Patriots better hope they don't get the Jaguars on a bad weather day in the playoffs, or they will lose.

And I won big money on the Jets and the points, wahoo.

And worry about more important things, like seeing the '72 Dolphins shut up. Enjoy 1-15. :)

2. Easy there, cowboy. Jaguars are an alright team but no matter what the weather they are not guaranteed to do anything against the best-built, best-coached team in football.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
The Pats secondary can still be exploited, and Philly bombed the middle of the field with their passing attack, so they still have some weaknesses.

I like being the underdog though. Although it would be absolutely hilarious if the Colts managed to knock off the Pats in the AFC conference finals.

Nobody is unbeatable. I'm the first to concede that. I'm sure Bill Belichick preaches that to his team all the time.

All I'm saying is perhaps you should focus on retaining homefield advantage and getting through the NFC before you get ahead of yourself. Your team hasn't faced any really good teams all year and it lost to the only one it faced.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 09:48 PM)
2. Easy there, cowboy. Jaguars are an alright team but no matter what the weather they are not guaranteed to do anything against the best-built, best-coached team in football.

Nobody is unbeatable. I'm the first to concede that. I'm sure Bill Belichick preaches that to his team all the time.

I wouldn't bet on it. Jacksonville has a team far better built for those conditions than New England (they can say whatever they want, the Pats scored 6 points today without defense and special teams, while Jacksonville lit up Pittsburgh in the snow), and the Jaguars D is way better than New England. They better hope Jacksonville doesn't go far.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 09:50 PM)
I wouldn't bet on it. Jacksonville has a team far better built for those conditions than New England (they can say whatever they want, the Pats scored 6 points today without defense and special teams, while Jacksonville lit up Pittsburgh in the snow), and the Jaguars D is way better than New England. They better hope Jacksonville doesn't go far.

Jacksonville lit up Pittsburgh and won by 7 points. New England beat Pittsburgh by 21. That's the same Pittsburgh team, in case you were thinking there may be two different teams that play in Pittsburgh.

I also don't know how you can claim the Jags defense is better. The Patriots have allowed 19 fewer points (which is an entire game's worth), allow 36 fewer yards per game, 43 fewer passing yards per game (probably about 3 drives worth) and a mere 7 more rushing yards per game (which is one carry 3 yards short of a 1st down per game). The Patriots have intercepted more passes (17 to 16, so it's close), have forced more fumbles (14 to 10, which is pretty significant), deflect more passes (59 to 57, against close), and get to the QB more (34 to 27, which is again very significant); Jags way better? K, you go ahead and continue arguing that, and you will continue to be wrong, because the numbers disagree with you period, and you also have to realize that about 40% of their games have been played in garbage time where they are playing loose coverage for about the entire second half.

New England is a far superior team to Jacksonville, and you arguing differently is laughable.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
I know that.

Okay, I misunderstood you.

With Dallas' secondary, I think you're still better off clamping down on Moss, not Welker, unless the weather's as bad as yesterday. Even then...I wouldn't say the Cowboys can't beat them, but they just don't match up well.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 18, 2007 -> 03:40 AM)
Okay, I misunderstood you.

With Dallas' secondary, I think you're still better off clamping down on Moss, not Welker, unless the weather's as bad as yesterday. Even then...I wouldn't say the Cowboys can't beat them, but they just don't match up well.

I think we tried that last time, but Welker burned us for 11 receptions and around 2 TD's, as he was matched us against Nate Jones.

I don't know if we had Newman playing either that game, although I've long said we need at least 1 maybe 2 good young CB's to add to the roster.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
The Bears and White Sox are going to be garbage for several years now, and the Bulls are not far behind. It's pretty sad really.

In the NFL, teams turn things around all the time. We've still got a great defensive nucleus that's relatively young (Anderson, Harris, Tillman, Vasher, Briggs... if he's back) and great roll players. Sure, there's work to be done, but the Bears can get good again quickly.

The Bulls are still just one player away from being a top team in the East. If Pax ever answers the need of an inside scorer, they will be lethal.

As for the Sox... that's another story entirely.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 02:23 AM)
Jacksonville lit up Pittsburgh and won by 7 points. New England beat Pittsburgh by 21. That's the same Pittsburgh team, in case you were thinking there may be two different teams that play in Pittsburgh.

I also don't know how you can claim the Jags defense is better. The Patriots have allowed 19 fewer points (which is an entire game's worth), allow 36 fewer yards per game, 43 fewer passing yards per game (probably about 3 drives worth) and a mere 7 more rushing yards per game (which is one carry 3 yards short of a 1st down per game). The Patriots have intercepted more passes (17 to 16, so it's close), have forced more fumbles (14 to 10, which is pretty significant), deflect more passes (59 to 57, against close), and get to the QB more (34 to 27, which is again very significant); Jags way better? K, you go ahead and continue arguing that, and you will continue to be wrong, because the numbers disagree with you period, and you also have to realize that about 40% of their games have been played in garbage time where they are playing loose coverage for about the entire second half.

New England is a far superior team to Jacksonville, and you arguing differently is laughable.

Thanks.