Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
So, the Pats get a beat-up San Diego team next week, then play either Favre or Eli Manning in the SB two weeks later.

Farve is the only QB left that could "shoot it out" sort of speak with Brady whereas E. Manning is more of a "manage the game" type. Farve simply doesn't have enough weapons and is carring a young team (Grant could run well though) Either way I just don't see any team's defense matching well with NE's ridiculous offense.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
Farve is the only QB left that could "shoot it out" sort of speak with Brady whereas E. Manning is more of a "manage the game" type. Farve simply doesn't have enough weapons and is carring a young team (Grant could run well though) Either way I just don't see any team's defense matching well with NE's ridiculous offense.

Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Jones, Lee, Grant, etc. aren't enough weapons?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Jones, Lee, Grant, etc. aren't enough weapons?

IMO, the question is never the weapons. The question is always the trenches. If you've gotten this far, you've got the weapons. The question is going to be...can the Packers D-Line get anything through near Tom Brady, and can the Packers O-Line hold up to Seymour and company after they've had 2 weeks of rest to heal.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
IMO, the question is never the weapons. The question is always the trenches. If you've gotten this far, you've got the weapons. The question is going to be...can the Packers D-Line get anything through near Tom Brady, and can the Packers O-Line hold up to Seymour and company after they've had 2 weeks of rest to heal.

Nobody has really gotten any pressure on Tom Brady, and even when they do he throws it to one of his weapons (Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, Faulk, Maroney). For the most part ever since that Eagles game teams have halted their offense if anything but it still hasn't been enough.

Same kind of goes with Favre, hes had good protection for the most part this season and has numerous offensive weapons like Brady, their defense playing solid this year is what has really been the difference maker for Green Bay this seaosn.

As a Packer fan this couldn't work out more perfect, got perfect weather for the Seattle game and don't have to play the Cowboys, not to mention get home field vs the Giants which could be a bad thing since the Giants have a 9-1 record on the road.

Shame the Colts lost, I dont think the Chargers even stand a remote chance and Id actually prefer the Pats to blow them out because I absolutely dislike Phillip Rivers.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
Wow -- great job by Fox for catching an absolutely CLASSIC pissed off face on Jerry Jones.

Im still used to fox showing the bands from their bowl game coverage. Boy can't wait to hear ESPN blame Jessica Simpson for the loss. How about Patrick "butterfingers" Crayton??

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 12:52 AM)
to be fair.... if i spent a weekend in Mexico bouncing my beanbag off that beautiful retard's face, I'd probably lose the biggest game of my career too.

Yeah, but that retarded beanbag target should still be available in mid-February and beyond.

Maybe you take a few days' worth of beanbagging off and concentrate on the reason that retard noticed you in the first place.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:05 AM)
Yeah, but that retarded beanbag target should still be available in mid-February and beyond.

Maybe you take a few days' worth of beanbagging off and concentrate on the reason that retard noticed you in the first place.

Beanbagging, where did the teabag go??? :headbang

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:05 AM)

Beanbagging hasn't seemed to a problem for Tom Brady.