Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
What really pisses me off is for the next week, all we are going to hear about is how big of a douche Beilcheck is. Not that he doesn't have it coming, but I don't want to f***ing hear about it.

I'm more annoyed we are going to have to hear about how nobody respected the Giants for the next month. Hell, it only took Plaxico Burress about 5 seconds after the game to bring it up.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Is Pam Ward going to get a post-game interview with Bill Belichick?

But on a more serious note, which network carries the post-game press conferences?

I'm guessing ESPN News and NFL Network

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
I wonder if Bill Simmons (the Sports Guy) will avoid talking about this, like he did the Colts last year.

boston fans are so goddamn whiney....im so happy..i live about a mile from kenmore square in boston and im so glad i dont have to deal with all the dumbass people in the streets

Edited by daa84

I can't believe it, but two men made asses of themselves it turns out: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

Belichick: Going for it on 4th and 13 in a well established defensive struggle instead of kicking a 48 yard FG with a really good kicker on a perfect field indoors.

Brady: "Plax said they are gonna beat us 23-17 huh? Wow, we're only gonna score 17 points? I mean, I could see him saying 45-42".

Uhh yeah, good call buddy. Enjoy your overrated girlfriend this offseason.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
I can't believe it, but two men made asses of themselves it turns out: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

Belichick: Going for it on 4th and 13 in a well established defensive struggle instead of kicking a 48 yard FG with a really good kicker on a perfect field indoors.

Brady: "Plax said they are gonna beat us 23-17 huh? Wow, we're only gonna score 17 points? I mean, I could see him saying 45-42".

Uhh yeah, good call buddy. Enjoy your overrated girlfriend this offseason.

thats really an inexcusable play....i could understand if it was like 4th and 2 or 3, but 4th and 13....wtf...belichicks arrogance finally caught up with him there and im happy about it

QUOTE(daa84 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
thats really an inexcusable play....i could understand if it was like 4th and 2 or 3, but 4th and 13....wtf...belichicks arrogance finally caught up with him there and im happy about it

It reminded me of what happened to USC in the Rose Bowl. Pete Carroll goes for it on 4th and 2, risking giving Vince Young a short field, and keeps Reggie Bush out. Belichick and Carroll are great coaches, but you could argue they'd both have one more ring if not for their own arrogance.

You knew watching the Giants last drive that this was fate. Eli surviving the sack, Tyree somehow coming up with that ball, and Samuel not intercepting that pass (how does he not pick that off right there?).

Not kicking the field goal looks real, realy dumb right now; I didn't understand that at all when it happened, and I still don't understand it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
It reminded me of what happened to USC in the Rose Bowl. Pete Carroll goes for it on 4th and 2, risking giving Vince Young a short field, and keeps Reggie Bush out. Belichick and Carroll are great coaches, but you could argue they'd both have one more ring if not for their own arrogance.

Could it be that Gostkowski said he just couldn't kick that one?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Could it be that Gostkowski said he just couldn't kick that one?

If he can't kick a 48 yarder in a dome, he should be cut and the GM who decided he should be the kicker for a team that might make the Super Bowl fired. That is inexcuseable. However, Gostkowski made a 54 yarder his preseason as a rookie (against the Giants even), and also has a 50 yard playoff FG at San Diego last year on his resume, plus he's a very good kicker. So I doubt that's the case.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Touché Mr. Shanoff...

http://www.danshanoff.com/2008/02/giants-s...-beat-pats.html

And that's before you even say: Perfection Denied. My god: Perfection Denied. From 19-0 to 18-1... there's very little distinguished about being the most accomplished Super Bowl runner-up of all time. (Except the irony that they displace the Super Bowl XXXVI-losing Rams, whose loss to these Pats was the point of such contention these last 48 hours. Dare I say: Karmic payback?)