Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
The Manning houdini and Tyree ridiculous catch is one of the greatest and most clutch plays I have ever seen

Yeah, the only play I can think of that's even close in terms of the NFL is the immaculate reception. If Manning gets sacked, it's 4th and 15, pass was almost picked, if Tyree doesn't make that insane catch, it's still 4th and 5 and trouble. Just sick.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
Yeah, the only play I can think of that's even close in terms of the NFL is the immaculate reception. If Manning gets sacked, it's 4th and 15, pass was almost picked, if Tyree doesn't make that insane catch, it's still 4th and 5 and trouble. Just sick.

Its just insane how Manning escaped that and hes not exactly the most mobile guy out there and on top of that Tyree makes a circus catch all of this with the SUPER BOWL on the line.. it was nuts

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
Its just insane how Manning escaped that and hes not exactly the most mobile guy out there and on top of that Tyree makes a circus catch all of this with the SUPER BOWL on the line.. it was nuts

That's a memorable play if it's an October game, let alone now. I still can't decide which part of the play was more amazing, I mean the escape job by Manning would have been incredible had Vick circa 2003 done it, and the Tyree catch would have been amazing had Jerry Rice circa 1994 done it. As amazing as the play was, it's even more amazing due to the parties who made it and the stage it was on.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 11:19 PM)
That's a memorable play if it's an October game, let alone now. I still can't decide which part of the play was more amazing, I mean the escape job by Manning would have been incredible had Vick circa 2003 done it, and the Tyree catch would have been amazing had Jerry Rice circa 1994 done it. As amazing as the play was, it's even more amazing due to the parties who made it and the stage it was on.

That play is going to get talked about forever I would imagine.. man that was so huge, I was going insane after it.. simply amazing

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 12:29 AM)
That play is going to get talked about forever I would imagine.. man that was so huge, I was going insane after it.. simply amazing

i Ran and clearted a table after thayt play. It was ridciulous.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
It reminded me of what happened to USC in the Rose Bowl. Pete Carroll goes for it on 4th and 2, risking giving Vince Young a short field, and keeps Reggie Bush out. Belichick and Carroll are great coaches, but you could argue they'd both have one more ring if not for their own arrogance.

No way. 4th and 2 to end the damn game, you go for it right there, period. And like Herbstreit once said, VY was going to score whether he got that ball around the 40 or around the 20, it didn't much matter. He was unstoppable in that 4th quarter/the entire game. No f'in way I want to give him the ball back if I don't have to, even if I give it to him at the 1 yard line.