Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(knightni @ Sep 13, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
Dillon and Benson are similar backs.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say that they're similar. Dillon is finesse, and Benson is rugged. Are you talking body type?

I'm definitely pulling for Cedric. He has the upside of a poor man's Jamal Lewis (the 2001 version), which is fine by me. I don't know why people are saying that he's soft. Dude is most definitely confrontational in a football sense; he's not trying to avoid high-impact collisions, and he takes pride in running people over. It seems to me that a soft back would try to avoid a heads-up collision with an LB.

He needs to lower his shoulders a bit and keep his head up, but he obviously has the talent to be a nice running back. I mean, the dude came into this season with less than 250 career carries. Maybe we should give him a chance to prove himself, yeah? The Bears fan base = sore vaginal status. I get sick and tired of the constant b*tching and moaning, but I'll live with the crap.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
70 minutes into the Bears season, and there have been 5 different times Grossman has hit the deck/been rushed because the running back (Benson once, Peterson 4 TIMES!) failed to recognize the blitz pickup.

Everybody can make fun of Wolfe all they want, but I can tell you right now that if he's in on 3rd down, he'll at least block the guy blitzing. I don't know if he can be an NFL running back or not, but he can block 10 times better than the 2 guys ahead of him in his sleep, and at least protect Rex.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
70 minutes into the Bears season, and there have been 5 different times Grossman has hit the deck/been rushed because the running back (Benson once, Peterson 4 TIMES!) failed to recognize the blitz pickup.

make that 6 (5 by Peterson, whose also put the ball on the ground twice in two games)

Wow, the flea flicker TD called back on an illegal shift foul, Bears get lucky.

EDIT: And it leads to a blocked field goal, costs KC 7 points. That might be the killer.

DOUBLE EDIT: Mumammad is AWFUL.

TRIPLE EDIT: Rex is AWFUL. Pick #2, and KC has it at the Bears 25.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
It's embarrassing. I really thought it was unfair how much s*** Rex took, and some of me still does, but he can't be out there anymore. If you didn't have another option, fine. But you have a very capable back QB.

The problem is he never has or will show improvement. You can teach mechanics, you can't teach somebody how to not be stupid, and Rex has a BAD BAD case of being stupid.

Hester, lol. He's awesome.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

And before all the meatheads spew it.....

Game 1:

Thomas Jones: 14 carries, 42 yards, 3.0 average, 12 longest run 1 catch, 6 yards

Cedric Benson: 19 carries, 42 yards, 2.2 average, 11 longest run 1 catch, 11 yards

Game 2:

Thomas Jones: 24 carries, 67 yards, 2.8 average, 9 longest run 2 catches, 20 yards

Cedric Benson: 24 carries, 101 yards, 4.2 average, 13 longest run 1 catch, 9 yards

Thomas Jones is not that good, and in fact he's a piss poor blocker that today missed blocks on 3 of the 4 Baltimore sacks. The problem is that early on last season, Grossman was really good throwing the ball which made us look a lot better, and once he regressed to his real (bad) self, the running back then got going. We need to put Wolfe in on 3rd down/blitz spots since he can actually block, and we need SOMEBODY to do something at quarterback, or this is a 9-7/10-6 team that won't last long in January, even with the defense because people are going to start putting 8 in the box.

Seems like Rex is wearing out his welcome for Bears fans.

He's certainly better than Kyle Orton, but he just hasn't come on as people would have expected.

I really give the Cowboys a good chance at beating the Bears next week. Offensively they are clicking pretty good. Defensively the Bears could do well against a weakened Dallas secondary (unless Newman plays), but can Grossman take advantage?

Good game for Benson, but is he going to be able to handle 25 carries for the season or is he going to wear down? That's why it's important for them to get Wolfe and Peterson involved.

Oh and Julius Jones probably lost his starting spot to Marion Barber today. Very unlikely he'll be back with us next season. Just too soft and injury prone to be a starting RB in this league.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 05:47 AM)
The Giants are ridiculously bad this year. Green Bay is punking them like its the preseason starters vs backups.

Yeah Coughlin will be gone before the end of the season. They're a mess on the defensive side of the ball.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 17, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
DBAHO is Greg Ellis making any progress with his injury or is he still leaning towards retirement?

Right now it's probably 50-50. He's been passed by Anthony Spencer on the depth chart at his spot. I wouldn't be at all suprised if he's going to retire right now. It just hasn't really improved enough since the surgery and rehab for him to get back out on the field.

And it's a shame because he was really looking good at that OLB spot in the 3-4 before he did his achillies.