Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 09:51 PM)
So is there anyone out there that still wants to defend Rex and Benson?

Now if noone wants to defend Benson, I would take the slack considering he is suppose to be "the man" for us (even though if he keeps fumbling the damn ball, I'll lose faith with him) but Grossman... christ I can't stand him. IMO, he is a bust 1st rounder. (the D.. and Hester.. took us to the super bowl)

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 05:23 PM)
Statement game tonight for Bears.

They made a statement. The WR"s drop big pass after big pass, oline can't run block, Rex can't have a good game and threw a couple picks, and the defense looked f***ing horrid after Briggs went down (I hope everyone was watching Jamar Williams look incredibly SLOW on the field).

It was just a game for Williams...but good lord is he a lot worse than Briggs (who I think is as good as Urlacher but I've always thought Urlacher was a bit over-rated...very good, but not necessarily as good as everyone else says he is).

Oh and can I just say...f***ing great job tackling defense...great job. (I hope you all noticed the sarcasm in that).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:12 AM)
Are you freaking kidding me...Briggs was his usual stellar self. What half of football were you watching???

He was in coverage on a lot of those Owens plays before he got hurt. However, after seeing how bad Williams is, it makes me appreciate Briggs more.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
In real time, I thought Benson was down. If you knew what you were looking for, you could see it from about 3 different angles, but it was a mess.

They blew the call twice, but the Bears weren't going to win even if they did get it right.

Ya, I'm pretty sure he was down too there just wasn't a camera angle in there. Its just you had to time things and keep your eye on various places to see it.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
So is there anyone out there that still wants to defend Rex and Benson?

What has Benson done? He was down on that fumble and did fine with any hole that the line gave him. If I want to blame anyone for this game it is a combination of: HORRID f***ING LINE (run blocking especially as the pass blocking was much improved this week), s***TY WR's (piss poor routes where they stop on the ball...huge drops...Berrian drops 1 touchdown and had another huge drop on the first drive of the game that would have put the Bears into scoring range), and piss poor f***ing tackling (good lord). Oh and could the Bears have adjusted to TO going into the middle of the field every f'ing play.

Good grief. They aren't even a playoff team with the way they are playing RIGHT NOW (notice I say right now). They better get there s*** together or we will quickly be comparing the 2007 Bears to the 2007 Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
I just don't see how Griese will be any better. This O-Line isn't great, he has an average Rb, and the wide receivers have been miserable so far.

I actually don't think he's been as bad as he was during his "bad" games of last year. Its just its magnified because the taem is losing (I put more blame on the WR's and horrid f***ing oline). However, at some point or another Rex deserves blame because he can't audible for s*** and doens't look like the guy that can overcome all the pressure and s*** he has to deal with every week).

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)
To Mushin Muhammad, who is old, slow, and isn't good at catching the ball.

Its a f***ing joke that we aren't seeing Bradley. He's as explosive as Berrian and is getting zero playing time. He had a good preseason too and whenever healthy Rex and Bradley seemed to have a good chemistry. Now is the time to end Davis as the slot WR, move Mush to slot and let the two speedsters try to make plays on the outside (BB and Bradley).

So in 3 games, we can give the offense credit for...

3 points in game 1

10 points in game 2 (Hester had a TD, and one FG was on a drive of -4 yards)

10 points in game 3

The parallels between this Bears team and the current White Sox one are great.... You've got the afforementioned

TJ = Arow

MM = Contreras

I'd like to add

Brown = Pods

Grossman = Uribe (there was still some support for him (with reason) heading into the season

Archuleta = Erstad (we're awaiting his injury)

I'm sure we can come up with some others...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:19 AM)
I actually don't think he's been as bad as he was during his "bad" games of last year. Its just its magnified because the taem is losing (I put more blame on the WR's and horrid f***ing oline). However, at some point or another Rex deserves blame because he can't audible for s*** and doens't look like the guy that can overcome all the pressure and s*** he has to deal with every week).

I just think he loses his confidence so quickly, and then he starts trying to force the ball or makes bad decisions. He got no help from his wide receivers in the first 3 quarters, but he's been miserable this quarter. My biggest beef though is with Benson....you can argue he'll be the rally starter for the opposition in the last 3 games we've lost.

If Grossman is replaced, it'll probably be for good. I can't imagine them going back and forth.

As much as I hate to say it, we'll probably have to endure several more games of Grossman. Next three opponents are within the division. If they are in any way comparable to his first three, by Game 7 that'll be it.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:20 AM)
So in 3 games, we can give the offense credit for...

3 points in game 1

10 points in game 2 (Hester had a TD, and one FG was on a drive of -4 yards)

10 points in game 3

The parallels between this Bears team and the current White Sox one are great.... You've got the afforementioned

TJ = Arow

MM = Contreras

I'd like to add

Brown = Pods

Grossman = Uribe (there was still some support for him (with reason) heading into the season

Archuleta = Erstad (we're awaiting his injury)

I'm sure we can come up with some others...

Urlacher = Thome

Gould = Jenks

Peterson = Timo

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 24, 2007 -> 03:20 AM)
Its a f***ing joke that we aren't seeing Bradley. He's as explosive as Berrian and is getting zero playing time. He had a good preseason too and whenever healthy Rex and Bradley seemed to have a good chemistry. Now is the time to end Davis as the slot WR, move Mush to slot and let the two speedsters try to make plays on the outside (BB and Bradley).

The team doesn't believe Bradley can stay healthy if he gets more than a few snaps at wide receiver every game. That's why he's not out there.

I have defended Rex in the past, he handles himself like a man, but I can't support him anymore. Not everything was his fault tonight (bad tackling and dropped passes and fumbles) but he hasn't really improved and is too inconsistent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 23, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
The team doesn't believe Bradley can stay healthy if he gets more than a few snaps at wide receiver every game. That's why he's not out there.

So he can stay healthy by not playing? What a waste of an early 2nd round pick if that is the mentality.

Moose has looked horrible out there. No reason Bradley shouldn't be playing.

Edited by Brian