Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Sep 25, 2007 -> 06:18 PM)
I know, I just find it funny that most people don't realize that most of the black quarterbacks have a terrible time with the Wonderlic. Even Warren Moon did horrible. Touchy subject though.

Apologists will say the the Wonderlic and the SATs/ACTs are culturally slanted to the white middle class.

So major disappointments so far? Obviously teams such as the Saints and Bears etc., but I'm going with the St. Louis Rams.

I thought Scott Linehan was going to be a real good coach, he ran some very good offenses in Minnesota and Miami. For whatever reason, it hasn't worked in St. Louis. And they should have a great offense, Bulger, Jackson, Holt etc. although Orlando Pace going down has probably really hurt. They just haven't made any progress with the defense whatsoever in the past 5 or so years.

And I think they've got us this weekend without Steven Jackson, so they could very well be 0 and 4.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 08:44 AM)
I can hear it now . . .

Ok.

So losing a pro bowl corner, another good corner, a pro bowl safety, and a pro bowl D tackle all to injury, isn't a valid excuse? We are talking about a team that thrives on defense and special teams.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 06:52 AM)
So losing a pro bowl corner, another good corner, a pro bowl safety, and a pro bowl D tackle all to injury, isn't a valid excuse? We are talking about a team that thrives on defense and special teams.

Can anyone name any other team in the NFL that has been beaten up as badly as the Bears by injuries this season?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
Can anyone name any other team in the NFL that has been beaten up as badly as the Bears by injuries this season?

Houston? N.O.? St. Louis?

Seriously, you guys are right. The injuries that have happened are major cogs for the Bears. I was just mocking it but I really shouldn't have to be honest.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 08:57 AM)
Houston? N.O.? St. Louis?

Seriously, you guys are right. The injuries that have happened are major cogs for the Bears. I was just mocking it but I really shouldn't have to be honest.

St. Louis with Orlando Pace I could put up there. Who has Houston really lost who's a key guy for them? NOLA has lost a couple guys but I'd say they're no where near the level of the Bears guys except for Deuce. I mean, you're talking about 3+ pro bowlers out, both of your starting CB's, 3/4 of your DB's, and toss Ruben Brown in there while you're at it.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 11:18 AM)
Opening day starters:

DE: Ogunleye (bad hip)

DT: Injured

DT: Injured

DE: Anderson

WLB: Injured

MLB: Urlacher

SLB: Huntermeyer

CB: Injured

FS: Injured

SS: Archuletta (broken arm)

CB: Injured

I've never heard of anything like this.

They're all soft, just like Cedric Benson.

Well overall I haven't either, but in terms of front 4 injuries, just look to a college team 60 miles to the west. NIU has had so many injuries that an undersized for a LINEBACKER 211 pound RS freshman is listed as the backup DEFENSIVE END this week, as seven of the nine guys in the original rotation are hurt. That, and our Butkus nominee MLB tore his ACL and is out for the year. And our RB tore his ACL and is out for the year. And our starting TE is injured..........oh damn I hate football injuries.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 11:03 AM)
St. Louis with Orlando Pace I could put up there. Who has Houston really lost who's a key guy for them? NOLA has lost a couple guys but I'd say they're no where near the level of the Bears guys except for Deuce. I mean, you're talking about 3+ pro bowlers out, both of your starting CB's, 3/4 of your DB's, and toss Ruben Brown in there while you're at it.

Andre Johnson and Ahman Green. Arguably their 2 best offensive weapons.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 26, 2007 -> 07:50 AM)
Nathan Vasher is expected to miss at least one month with a partially torn groin muscle.

A big blow to the Bears' defense, which is made even bigger by the fact that Charles Tillman is also hurting. Tillman will miss two weeks. Roy Manning Jr. is expected to start in Vasher's place, with seventh-round pick Trumaine McBride replacing Tillman. Suddenly the Chicago defense doesn't look like a bad matchup in fantasy leagues

Lions>Bears

O My

I call BS on this. Roy Manning?