Official NFL Thread

Well the Cowboys juggernaut keeps on rolling.

Tony Romo's going to be very rich soon, will probably get a Marc Bulger like deal in the off-season.

Jason Garrett will be a head coach next season, our offense is just plain sick right now.

And 99, I'm very glad we didn't hire Norv Turner over Wade Phillips. We're improving defensively in Wade's system with every game, and the Chargers look disjointed on offense. Today the running game was good, but Rivers couldn't get it going.

And the Bears are in trouble if they can't get their main guys back on defense. Because you'd expect anytime the Bears score 27 points, they will win 90% of the time.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 11:16 AM)
Yup, poor decision. But the offense still looks lightyears better.

Are you kidding me. Griese was f***ing horrible today. He showed why he isn't any good. He can't make quite a few "NFL" passes. He can't throw an out pattern to save his life, can't throw a deep ball and the only pass he can throw are screens and short passes to the wideouts as well as the ocassional crossing pattern 15-25 yards down the field (and even than his lack of arm strenght causes there to be more time for a CB/Safety to close on the WR potentially making a hit that jarrs the ball lose and causes a completion to be incomplete.

Hell, he wasn't even accurate on short crossing patterns (hence at least one of the interceptions).

I don't care to comment on the Griese/Grossman f***fest that will certainly pop-up over the next couple days.

What I will comment on, however, is Ron Turner. I hope to hell this guy starts taking a LOT of heat. The Lions defense allowed 56 (!) points last weekend and you put up 13?!?!?! 13 f***ing points? Are you kidding me? There is absolutely no creativity on Turner's part. Bears line up in the i-formation? Probably a run. Do the Bears ever run counter plays? Do they ever run quick hitters out of a one back set? What happened to running Hester around on the reverse on those handoffs, even if you have no intention of giving him the ball? At the very least, every time you run Hester around, you take their DE out of the play (or their OLB) because one of the two will have to play contain. More absurdly, where was Greg Olsen today? Why is he only on the field one out of every ten plays? For anyone who has listened to OB and Doug, was that question answered?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
Are you kidding me. Griese was f***ing horrible today. He showed why he isn't any good. He can't make quite a few "NFL" passes. He can't throw an out pattern to save his life, can't throw a deep ball and the only pass he can throw are screens and short passes to the wideouts as well as the ocassional crossing pattern 15-25 yards down the field (and even than his lack of arm strenght causes there to be more time for a CB/Safety to close on the WR potentially making a hit that jarrs the ball lose and causes a completion to be incomplete.

Hell, he wasn't even accurate on short crossing patterns (hence at least one of the interceptions).

Maybe if you read when that was posted you wouldn't have to freak?

In the mid to late 2nd quarter our passing game absolutely looked better than it has all year, don't bother arguing it didn't. Leading up to that INT right before the half Griese was looking good.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 07:29 PM)
I don't care to comment on the Griese/Grossman f***fest that will certainly pop-up over the next couple days.

What I will comment on, however, is Ron Turner. I hope to hell this guy starts taking a LOT of heat. The Lions defense allowed 56 (!) points last weekend and you put up 13?!?!?! 13 f***ing points? Are you kidding me? There is absolutely no creativity on Turner's part. Bears line up in the i-formation? Probably a run. Do the Bears ever run counter plays? Do they ever run quick hitters out of a one back set? What happened to running Hester around on the reverse on those handoffs, even if you have no intention of giving him the ball? At the very least, every time you run Hester around, you take their DE out of the play (or their OLB) because one of the two will have to play contain. More absurdly, where was Greg Olsen today? Why is he only on the field one out of every ten plays? For anyone who has listened to OB and Doug, was that question answered?

I can't help but chuckle, Keith, as I was this upset with Ron Turner when he was calling plays at Illinois (as well as recruiting...yikes). Now it's your turn.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
So the Pack went to 4-0 today by beating the Vikes. What are Bear's fans thoughts about the Bear/Packer game next week?

If Vasher/Tillman/Briggs are back I'm picking the Bears in a WIN. If the secondary is out, Bears lose.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
Or if our defensive ends can get to Favre like they did Kitna.

The important thing will be for the offense to win in TOP so those ends can actually have time to rest and be able to go full engine throughout the game. They were gassed by the end of the game and Kitna was finally able to have enough time to torch the unknown secondary of the Bears (due to injuries obviously).

The Bears pass rush has been awesome this year for 3 quarters but the offense has been so futile its dead for the 4th, hence the Bears losing games late in the season.

Well Griese wasn't worse than Rex, but he was just as bad, wow that change did nothing. Anyways, giving up 34 points in the 4th quarter to the Lions is pathetic but it's also a sign of things to come. All the injuries hurt in terms of depth more than anything else, and the Bears just plain ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. Combine that with mistakes and you lose. Must win next week, a loss at Green Bay means it's time to get ready for the draft, and I see no reason in hell to think the Bears will win at Lambeau. Ugh what a waste this season is turning out to be.

Oh, and all of us Illini fans said at the time the Ron Turner hiring was a joke. Good to see the rest of the world sees how awful a coach he is.

Edited by whitesoxfan101