Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 08:32 PM)
Why the hell do we have Daniel Manning playing cornerback with Ricky Manning jr. on this team? We traded for Manning jr. for a reason, wasnt to play behind Daniel manning who is still having trouble playing safety let alone cornerback.

Actually they signed RMJ as a restricted free agent.

Well Norv Turner shut everyone up for a week at least. Although Denver's D-Line is probably the worst in the NFL right now.

As for the Bears, it's the Adam Archuleta curse I tell you. Rams defense was never that good when he was there, Washington's D really struggled last season when he was there, and now the Bears (I'm only half kidding here).

But for a run stopping safety who can't cover, if he can't tackle, well he's not much good then is he.

If the Bears can't beat the Packers, looks like the wildcard is the best they can hope for, and even that might be a stretch.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
So how long are the Bears gonna let that quick slant beat them before they decide to play up on the receiver more?

All game. If you jump the quick slant, they'll run a double move and leave the pass coverage up to Archuleta and McGowan, which will equal disaster. Better to give them a 6 yard slant than a 50 yard bomb, as we saw earlier. The Bears are beyond lucky to be in this, and need to rally, as the season is over if the Packers win.

And good to see the pride of my alma mater (well, soon to be alma mater) Michael Turner have the biggest rushing day in the league today. Methinks he will be the feature back in Green Bay in 2008.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Here's something I haven't b****ed about yet with Turner's offense: why can't they get the play in to the QB quicker? Every single time, the Bears don't get to the line until there's 8-10 seconds left on the playclock. So if the QB happens to read a blitz that will absolutely blow up the play, he can't audible because there's no time, so he's (a) forced to run the hopeless play or (b ) call a timeout.

Edited by CWSGuy406

If the Packers weren't play dumb football, they'd have 10 more points and the Bears 4 less, so really if not for Jones being an idiot and a player lining up wrong on a field goal, It'd be 30-6 right now. And did I mention total yards is 360 to 166 in favor of Green Bay, and that Green Bay and it's 43 rushing yards per game has 108?? What a joke, Favre has 1 non intentional incompletion out of 21 attempts.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 8, 2007 -> 02:33 AM)
If the Packers weren't play dumb football, they'd have 10 more points and the Bears 4 less, so really if not for Jones being an idiot and a player lining up wrong on a field goal, It'd be 30-6 right now. And did I mention total yards is 360 to 166 in favor of Green Bay, and that Green Bay and it's 43 rushing yards per game has 108?? What a joke, Favre has 1 non intentional incompletion out of 21 attempts.

The Bears just aren't very good this year. It's really surprising, as I thought they'd cruise into the postseason this year.

Id like to see more offensive sets with obviously 5 OL, 2 TE, 2 WR, Qb, Rb..... I dont think Mckie is that good anyways and this keeps Olsen in the game addming just another playmaker. Also I think we need to see less of Moose and more of Bradley.... who I think is another playmaker.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
At least with Rex, the game was kinda exciting. This has to be the most boring Bears game in a long time. Boo to every dumbass Bears fan who was chanting Griese's name.

I used to laugh at Rex Grossman, if that's what you mean by exciting.