Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Nov 5, 2007 -> 02:16 AM)
Adrian Peterson, wow. I wonder if the 6 teams who had a chance to draft him before Minny are second guessing themselves right now.

Raise your hand if your fantasy team was the lucky group who went up against the guy who has AP.

//touches some sky

Anybody else hear anything about the "alleged" controversy of the CD or whatever the Colts were using to pump noise into the stadium skipping in the fourth quarter?

Link Go to about 2:30 into the clip to hear it. Im not sure about the rules regarding this, I just thought it was interesting.

Adrian punishes people when he runs, but he also takes a lot of punishment with his running style. Will be interesting to see how healthy of a pro career he has. God knows he has physical tools that no other RB has ever seen. He just needs to run lower and run out of bounds occasionally instead of looking for someone to punish.

People are talking about Darren McFadden being an even better pro prospect than Adrian, we will have to see about that.

Jesus that's a sick line by AP. :o I missed the Pats-Colts game and saw NE won even though the Colts were up last time I checked. :angry: And I saw the GB-KC game and I'd be utterly shocked if LJ's injury was actually a "sprain" come an MRI. That had broken ankle/torn ligament written all over it. It was nasty but who knows. Maybe he'll get lucky. And Andrew, looks like Romo is showing why he was worth the $$$. Alot of interesting things happened this week in football (MJD, nicely done/poor Chad Johnson etc..)

Favre has obviously been amazing, but the real reasons the Packers are 7-1 are the emergence of Greg Jennings and the revival of Charles Woodson IMO. I can't explain the whole Detroit thing as easily, but damn they are killing people right now.

Also, Tampa Bay had the ball possesion for 43:07 in a regulation win today, had 21 third down situations, and had a 19 play, 86 yard, 11:59 drive that resulted in NO POINTS (missed FG). I'm pretty sure I've never seen an NFL drive that long, I know I've never seen one that long that resulted in no points.

Oh, and 30 carries for the all time record of 296 yards and 3 TD's (and he also had a 19 yard catch, so 315 total yards from scrimmage on 31 touches)? Adrian Peterson truly is purple Jesus, he might set every single season rushing record in the book, and as a ROOKIE. Amazing, he makes LT's start in the NFL look mediocre.

peterson is a great back...and in addition he has the best run blocking offensive line in football which is a deadly combination.....not to take away credit from peterson, the guy still was patient enough to find the holes, hit them, and break away from a bunch of tackels to hit paydirt...but i give that O line a ton of credit...they manhandled the bears D line (especially tommie) and just destroyed the chargers 3-4 D....peterson was beyond first down yardage by the time he even got touched alot of the time.....and they were basically facing 8 and even 9 man fronts the whole game....everyone knows who is getting the ball....which is what opened up the deep bomb to a speedster like sydney rice

Edited by daa84

The Indianapolis Colts contend the debate about the decibel level in the RCA Dome is merely noise, and now they have the NFL taking their side.

A day after some unusual sounds were heard during the Colts-Patriots broadcast Sunday, the NFL issued a statement saying what sounded like simulated crowd noise was actually created by the CBS production crew, not the Colts.

ADVERTISEMENT

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," the league said. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

AP