Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 04:34 PM)
Are any Fin fans here really confident Trent Green will help the team?

Ill tell you this much, if we had Harrington out there today we get shut out.. Trent Green is going to help a lot, not only for helping progress John Beck but playing smart which is something we haven't had in a QB for a long time..

Green played a good game minus that bad decision he made right before OT (The throw to the sideline which should have been picked.) Other than that, he played a solid game and was really the only reason why we scored any points today.

Ill take 24/38 219 and a TD all day.. especially when you consider Miami WR's as a group had about 5-6 dropped passes today.. The defense played good today but its hard to maintain that when the offense isn't moving the ball and you are constantly on the field..

I'm pretty pissed about today, but I think the Bears should be okay. It took some really really fluky s*** (Berrian basically 'quitting' on a route; the awful punt and subsequent bounce off McGowan; Benson and AP BOTH fumbling) for the Bears to basically give that game to San Diego. San Diego's D was impressive but their offense was marginally better than the Bears'.

And I still despise Ron Turner's offense. Very little creativity. How about giving Benson some room in the single back set instead of running the ball out of the i-form every f***ing time?

It just sucks that these Wisconsin f***s are going to have a field day tomorrow with Green Bay and the Brewers both winning. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have the Brewers fans talking s*** than the Cubs fans, but Wisconsin rooters are all pretty scummy.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 04:06 PM)
Cedric Benson, is not.

The entire offensive line deserves a lot of the blame too. Peterson and Benson f'd up with the fumbles as well. Overall though I was quite pleased with Rex handling the Chargers pass rush and his throws (although he started the game off a little rough).

Defense played suberb till they finally just got beat down thanks to all those stinking fumbles.

As we learned last year, 4 turnovers is unacceptable, but as we didn't learn much last year, none of them were Rex's fault. Let's face it, the defense played about as well as you can expect, but if you have them on the field all game you'll give up some points to a team as outstanding as San Diego. The reason we lost today was the running game was unacceptable, and San Diego's 3-4 and deep defense made our offensive line look like what it is: old and lacking any sort of depth. There were a lot of good things today, but unless our line can run block and at least make Rex's favorite setup (play action) a threat, there are problems. It's just the season opener though, they should be ok, I doubt we have many 4 fumble, 3 fumble lost games in the future.

Edited by whitesoxfan101