Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 06:16 PM)
I'm pretty pissed about today, but I think the Bears should be okay. It took some really really fluky s*** (Berrian basically 'quitting' on a route; the awful punt and subsequent bounce off McGowan; Benson and AP BOTH fumbling) for the Bears to basically give that game to San Diego. San Diego's D was impressive but their offense was marginally better than the Bears'.

And I still despise Ron Turner's offense. Very little creativity. How about giving Benson some room in the single back set instead of running the ball out of the i-form every f***ing time?

It just sucks that these Wisconsin f***s are going to have a field day tomorrow with Green Bay and the Brewers both winning. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have the Brewers fans talking s*** than the Cubs fans, but Wisconsin rooters are all pretty scummy.

When the schedule was released-I saw San Diego on the road, and put that in the loss column. Its bad we had to fumble it away, but we were gonna lose this. We were not going undefeated. Turner's offense was the problem today, the throws were working. All will be well, but the annual Mike Brown injury is gonna hurt, again. I agree with you. Chin up fans-we will be fine. The others have to play this team too

Everyone should also pray for Kevin Everett. (Bills reserve tight end) I saw the replay of his hit in the Bills-Broncos game and it was very serious. He just had surgery on his spine and his career is in serious jeporady. And it looks like the Bills got seriously beat up. They have a good list of injuries in just that one game. (you can see some to the right of the link I posted) Wite must be extremely proud.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 09:40 PM)
I see nothing anywhere about Brown being out for the year. Maybe he broke down out of frustration.

We won't know till probably tomorrow or the next day or so. But how he was describing it and how he looked afterwards, he probably fractured/tore something. He's "possibly" done for the year that's why I'm praying hard that it isn't as serious as it probably seems.

Well, i've had a couple of hours to get over this game so I'll post all of my thoughts from today-

-Didn't expect to win, but i'm pissed we gave the game away.

-I like our D under Babich, he's not afraid to bring pressure (unlike Rivera)

-Grossman wasn't great, but he wasn't too bad and made some good throws. The INT wasn't his fault.

-I'm not gonna worry about Benson too much, the O line played like dogs*** today

-I love the Chargers new unis. Most teams new unis the past few years have been downright awful, can't say that about these.

Well decent start for the Cowboys.

Offense obviously has picked up where it left out, Romo looked good.

Defensively we will certainly have to improve. I don't like our pass defense if Newman ain't 100% with that foot injury all season.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
Everyone should also pray for Kevin Everett. (Bills reserve tight end) I saw the replay of his hit in the Bills-Broncos game and it was very serious. He just had surgery on his spine and his career is in serious jeporady. And it looks like the Bills got seriously beat up. They have a good list of injuries in just that one game. (you can see some to the right of the link I posted) Wite must be extremely proud.

Definitely concerned about Everett; he had been a bit of a bust, had dealt with a few injuries, but he seemed to be working hard in turning himself into a good player, and then something absolutely terrible like this happens; just unfortunate. I hope he can make a strong recovery, but I have very serious, serious doubts he'll ever be the same person again, let alone being able to resume his career. David Pollack was hurt over a year ago and there's just no way he'll ever be the same player again either.

And a terrible day for Bills football period. From what I could tell, the line looked pretty solid, but Losman just played like s***, the receivers didn't look good at all, the defense got absolutely torn to shreds (given, Denver's good, but it's never a good thing to give up 450+ yards), injuries just throttled the roster, and then they lose the game like that...just s***ty. With everything that went wrong today, it would have atleast been nice if we were able to steal that win, because Denver definitely outplayed us big time.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)

Report this morning he fractured his spine and dislocated his neck. Probably will never walk again. Very Very sad. :pray

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 01:56 PM)
Yep, it's official.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...840&id=2493

What really pisses me off is it was on a complete cheap shot by Lorenzo Neal.

Doesnt the league still fine the player if the horsecollar is not called by the refs?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
Doesnt the league still fine the player if the horsecollar is not called by the refs?

That wasn't a horsecollar that was a flat out choke. Too bad, I like Mike Brown a lot but he's just injury prone(not in this case but you guys know what I mean). Awful, I hope he can some how recover from all of this.