Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stinks for Brown and Dusty. The Bears obviously can't replace Brown's leadership but he they signed Archeletta and can now use Adam and Manning. I'm also sure the Bears will look long and hard at a potential FA or trade pickup as well to bolster the safety position (or Kevin Payne will get activated depending on how much they like him).

Dusty really had looked tremendous this preseason and again this week when in the game. I think he'll be really missed as now the Bears depth at the dline is a little less (luckily they had Walker and we still have Adams and Garay).

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)

I'll honor Mike Brown's play and possibly the last time he wears a bears uniform for the rest of the season.

Sorry, I'm not praying for Mike Brown when a player from the Bills is in danger of losing his life and is likely to be paralyzed. :stick

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 9, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
This team would be much better off with a real quarterback and a better offensive coordinator. I'm not a big fan of Lovie, either, but Turner's not good at his job and neither is Grossman.

You arent a big fan of lovie? Why. Did the winning rub you the wrong way?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)
Sorry, I'm not praying for Mike Brown when a player from the Bills is in danger of losing his life and is likely to be paralyzed. :stick

What does one thing have to do with the other? Just because there was a more severe injury on another team we shouldnt wish the best for someone on our hometown team? Thats a little ridiculous.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 05:42 PM)
What does one thing have to do with the other? Just because there was a more severe injury on another team we shouldnt wish the best for someone on our hometown team? Thats a little ridiculous.

Praying for a knee injury?

I hope Mike Brown comes back, becomes a more durable player, and is fulfills his talent and turns into one of the best safeties in the league as much as the next guy, but I'm not praying because he tore his ACL. Kevin Everett's life is in jeopardy here, and he's still likely to remain paralyzed if he does live.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 06:05 PM)
Praying for a knee injury?

I hope Mike Brown comes back, becomes a more durable player, and is fulfills his talent and turns into one of the best safeties in the league as much as the next guy, but I'm not praying because he tore his ACL. Kevin Everett's life is in jeopardy here, and he's still likely to remain paralyzed if he does live.

Yes, a knee injury. Whats the big deal. If someone wants to pray for Brown whos to say its not warranted? Just because there was a more serious injury doesnt mean you cant have compassion for a guy weve been a fan of in Chicago for years. Browns career may be over, at least in Chicago and hes been a fan favorite here since 2000, if somebody wants to pray for him who cares. If you wanna pray for Everett go ahead but that doesnt mean someone else is wrong for wishing the best for Mike Brown.

Hmm a couple of injuries there for the Bears. And you guys really did a good job against LT.

Hence the offense is going to have to pick it up, especially Benson. Peterson looked alright from the brief bits I saw of him though.

For the Cowboys, Jason Ferguson is out for the season, and he's a big loss considering he's the 3-4 nose tackle, they don't exacty grow on trees.

Gotta feel sorry for Mike Brown with what he's gone thru as well over the past couple of years, just rotten luck.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
Lovie Smith is a perfectly fine football coach but I'm not a big fan. I don't think he's good at making adjustments and I'm a much bigger fan of other coaches. It's nothing big and personal though, but leave it to RockRaines to crack if someone doesn't like a good-but-not-great Chicago coach.

I dont understand how you can think he is less than great. To see how far this team has come in the four years that Lovie has been in charge is nothing short of astonishing. Dick Jauron handed him the reigns of a franchise that wasnt close to recovering from the Wannstedt era, and Lovie made 3 promises which he kept

1. This team is going to win

2. This team is going to beat Green Bay

3. This team is going to the Superbowl

Now if he can keep his last promise about winning a Superbowl, I will be a very happy fan

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
Ray Lewis tore his tricep and played through it. Could be out for the year.

I see Ray Lewis playing through a torn tricep. If he can walk, and he can hit hard, I see him playing. Maybe I'm overestimating his craziness, but he's crazy as s***.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 04:24 PM)

Bro, STFU. Seriously. For one, it's obvious I made the pray part yesterday when Brown went down and didn't even know he was going to be done for the season. I made it because I wanted everyone to pray that the injurt wasn't seriously and was going to be okay, not because his season yet again ends (and you were active yesterday [technically today considerng it was lik 2 am when I did it]) Obviously Everett is in career/life threatening danger and I acknowleged him earlier in this thread, but why don't you mind your own damn buisness (usually I just blow off/don't pay attention to your smartaloic post to certian posters or myself when you post the obvious but this time this post seriously pissed the f*** outta me.) Hell, your one of the smartest posters (baseball wise) here and your posting utter s*** like this? GMAFB.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
Bro, STFU. Seriously. For one, it's obvious I made the pray part yesterday when Brown went down and didn't even know he was going to be done for the season. I made it because I wanted everyone to pray that the injurt wasn't seriously and was going to be okay, not because his season yet again ends (and you were active yesterday [technically today considerng it was lik 2 am when I did it]) Obviously Everett is in career/life threatening danger and I acknowleged him earlier in this thread, but why don't you mind your own damn buisness (usually I just blow off/don't pay attention to your smartaloic post to certian posters or myself when you post the obvious but this time this post seriously pissed the f*** outta me.) Hell, your one of the smartest posters (baseball wise) here and your posting utter s*** like this? GMAFB.

Kevin Everett's life is in jeopardy, and his life is (almost) assured of never being the same again. Mike Brown will (essentially) live a completely normal life from this point out. It's slightly different circumstances.

I've overstepped my boundaries here, but praying for a knee injury while not praying for a player in critical condition just doesn't seem right to me.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
Kevin Everett's life is in jeopardy, and his life is (almost) assured of never being the same again. Mike Brown will (essentially) live a completely normal life from this point out. It's slightly different circumstances.

I've overstepped my boundaries here, but praying for a knee injury while not praying for a player in critical condition just doesn't seem right to me.

Your absolutely right but you still don't get it. We are ALL praying for Everett. Like I stated earlier, I've already acknowleged him (and if it bothers you too much considering he is also a Bill, why don't YOU acknowlege him in your sig) but Mike Brown has been through alot in his playing career and considering I made the "Pray for Mike Brown" sig at 2 freaking am when noone knew how serious Brown's injury was OR even Everetts (playing career yes, cause you are still ALIVE even with the possibility of being paralyzed, but LIFE THREATENING... definitely not) Mike Brown is a player who has been through a s***load and is playing for the team I root for. Of course I'm going to pray for him if he ever plays again.

DROP IT. I don't want to see any posts about whose right and whose wrong. All of us hope Everett is able to recover and regain movement and the ability to walk. And some of us Bears fans also (in addition to hoping the best for Everett) hope that Brown is able to play the game again (even if its in another jersey).