Official NFL Thread

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)
Beanbagging hasn't seemed to a problem for Tom Brady.

True, but he also hasn't seemed to receive the same level of scrutiny about it, and his teammates don't seem to care about it the way the Cowboys reportedly care.

He's also had a ton more postseason success than Romo, so he's earned whatever free pass he receives.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:22 AM)
True, but he also hasn't seemed to receive the same level of scrutiny about it, and his teammates don't seem to care about it the way the Cowboys reportedly care.

He's also had a ton more postseason success than Romo, so he's earned whatever free pass he receives.

He hasn't gotten the scrutiny because he's had the success, which was my basic point to begin with. It hurts Romo's performance, but not Brady's?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
He hasn't gotten the scrutiny because he's had the success, which was my basic point to begin with. It hurts Romo's performance, but not Brady's?

Some guys' performance must be enhanced by the vag, and some guys are weakened by it.

Know your limitations, is what I say! If you can't schtup and win, don't schtup!

:lolhitting

The old adage in boxing is no sex before a fight, but some fighters defy that conventional wisdom, so it's all about the performance, I guess.

You have to win to stop the scrutiny.

After reading reviews of the game etc. really seems as if we should have won the game, if not for stupid mistakes.

Too many penalties (been a problem all season under Phillips), and Crayton had some crucial drops, and gave up on a possible TD.

We need a CB in the 1st round no doubt.

I also saw that Detroit may dangle Roy Williams for a 2nd round pick. That would be something I hope we'd take a look at.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 11:44 PM)

How many times have we seen shots of Brady's GF's or kids with front row seats at Gillette stadium? Fact is, Brady's done a much better job of keeping his private life...private, even given that he's got a kid and such. He's been much smarter about not giving the media stuff to play with.

I was confident after Rivers and LT went down bc i believe if NIU alum Michael Turner... hell, i even belive in Billy Volek. On paper those are probably the two best backups in the game.

but still... thats two big losses and to beat indy on the road was a defining game for the chargers. assuming they get LT and Rivers back... an upset is brewing in foxboro. book it.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
I was confident after Rivers and LT went down bc i believe if NIU alum Michael Turner... hell, i even belive in Billy Volek. On paper those are probably the two best backups in the game.

but still... thats two big losses and to beat indy on the road was a defining game for the chargers. assuming they get LT and Rivers back... an upset is brewing in foxboro. book it.

this sounds similar to

Next week, the Colts will shock the world. Just remember that and this line.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:50 PM)
The NFL is happy with the final four.

Greenbay...they can fluff Favre

NY......get ready for the manning part 2 generation.

pats....no explanation needed.

I think everyone should be happy with the Final Four. It's been a great postseason and even season.

Sorry for the triple posts but I really laughed at this article from DJ Gallo of ESPN Page 2:

And now, another priceless pep talk for Peyton Manning:

"Bummed about that loss? Wish you had another shot to knock off the undefeated Patriots? Understandable. But don't sweat it. You're still the reigning Super Bowl champ. Yeah, you know it. You're the man. But only for 20 more days. Then you're crap again. So live it up."

"Throw another tipped pass that was intercepted in the red zone? Too bad. Here's what you need to do: Work on your accuracy. Maybe watch a game tape of Tom Brady for some tips. That guy went 26-for-28. He's awesome. Plus, watching him is easy on the eyes. Total dreamboat."

"So I hear you're upset about losing at home in the divisional playoffs. Worried people are going to call you a choker again? Don't be. You played well. You just had a few bad breaks. And you were up against a buzz saw. That Billy Volek has never lost in the playoffs. He's a dynamo."

"Worried that your coach might be retiring? Understandable. You've had success together. But don't sweat it. You call all of your plays at the line of scrimmage anyway. You could be coached by a gerbil."

"Jealous of your brother? Wish you were him right now? Don't be. Remember growing up how your mom used to change his diapers? Let me let you in on a little secret: He's still wearing them. Yeah. You know it."

"Disappointed that your season ended so soon? Understandable. One-and-done is a bummer. But remember that you have a Super Bowl ring. Your legacy is secure. So use your extra free time to film some more commercials. I think there's a mortuary in Bloomington you don't yet endorse."

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
Except, you know, I'll be correct.

We'll see. Your prediction is no better than mine was. I've learned my lesson on trying to play with fire even though historically on this board, I've been damn good in predictions. In a way I was right though. The Colts shocked the world by getting a SD upset (w/o LT and Rivers esp. late) :lol: Now I'm just trying to find excuses. :D

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 05:09 PM)
Nah. New England and its fans are already charging tickets to Arizona, as they should.

Your right. IMO, the Colts were the only team that could've gave them a run for their money. One of the rare teams that played them very well in the season despite losing. (Pats beat SD by 4 TDs) But like they say, the playoffs is a different situation so we'll see. We'll see if Steve's prediction is correct.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 05:41 PM)
A pats/packers superbowl would be a blast to watch.

I agree. :)

Would be a huge offensive game. Not to mention best two qbs in NFL this year and best offenses.

The last matchup I want is San Diego vs New York, we would never hear the end of that Manning for Rivers swap. Also add the fact I hate both qbs :ph34r:

Guess he was overdue.

Pacman Jones reportedly punched a female lawyer at the Body Tap strip club in North Atlanta on January 3rd.

Jones apparently entered the manager's office, accusing the club of stealing money from him and falsely accusing his entourage of owing a tab. Jones reportedly lunged at the woman multiple times during the meeting, in what the lawyer said was an attempt at grave bodily harm. Jones didn't connect until afterwards in the hallway, when he reached around a security guard to "sucker punch" the woman. Not only could this be a violation of Jones' parole, it could result in the league delaying his March return to football activities, and certainly make the Titans less willing to welcome him back.