Official NFL Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 seconds, 2 timeouts remaining, SF just socred so it's 20-17 SF in the 4th. Matt Leinart has to lead his team either to FG range or a TD. Can the great Matt Leinart do it?

EDIT: He just threw a pick. What a comeback for the 49ers.

Edited by SoxAce

So... does Eli Manning have a separated shoulder? Yes or No. ESPN isn't even sure although Chris Mortenson is but the Giants front office isn't.

EDIT: Orlando Pace's shoulder injury apperantly career threatening. (probably career ending)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:06 AM)
So... does Eli Manning have a separated shoulder? Yes or No. ESPN isn't even sure although Chris Mortenson is but the Giants front office isn't.

EDIT: Orlando Pace's shoulder injury apperantly career threatening. (probably career ending)

I think it's safest to say slightly separated shoulder; that's what I believe ESPN said.

And that'd be terrible about Pace; what a horrendous way to see a Hall of Fame career end.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 10, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
Lovie Smith is a perfectly fine football coach but I'm not a big fan. I don't think he's good at making adjustments and I'm a much bigger fan of other coaches. It's nothing big and personal though, but leave it to RockRaines to crack if someone doesn't like a good-but-not-great Chicago coach.

yeah, its hard to support one of the best coaches in the league who has lived up to almost everything he has set out to do from the outset. No matter he rebuilt the team the way he wanted it and got us to the superbowl in 3 years. No matter his team had one of the highest scoring offenses and best defenses in the league last season. No matter his team has improved steadily over his tenure. No matter he is not only one of the most respected coaches in the league, but that his team has a better image than most in the NFL. No matter all of that. Hes not great until he.........................

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 09:08 AM)
yeah, its hard to support one of the best coaches in the league who has lived up to almost everything he has set out to do from the outset. No matter he rebuilt the team the way he wanted it and got us to the superbowl in 3 years. No matter his team had one of the highest scoring offenses and best defenses in the league last season. No matter his team has improved steadily over his tenure. No matter he is not only one of the most respected coaches in the league, but that his team has a better image than most in the NFL. No matter all of that. Hes not great until he.........................

....wins the Super Bowl. :P

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:09 PM)
Besides maybe one other coach, Lovie has to be considered the best or one of the best in the league hands down. Respective to their sports, he is head and shoulders above Ozzie, even with Ozzie's ring.

What? Only one other Coach is better than him? Who the hell is that? Belichick? And then no one?

Give me a break.

FoxSports.com reports that the Browns have traded Charlie Frye to the Seahawks.

From starter to deposed in two days. Frye was once seen as the future of the Browns franchise, but never showed good decision making. The Browns are doing Frye a favor by giving him a fresh start with a great quarterback coach. Look for Frye to eventually replace Seneca Wallace as Matt Hasselbeck's backup. Derek Anderson looks like the favorite to start in Cleveland until Brady Quinn is ready. Sep. 11 - 12:19 pm et

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:44 PM)
What? Only one other Coach is better than him? Who the hell is that? Belichick? And then no one?

Give me a break.

Who then? Lovie is one of the top coaches in the NFL hands down. Besides the results that he brings, the wins, and also the coaching awards, what else do you need to see to determine that he is one of the best in the NFL. most everyone else involved with the NFL agrees with me and he has a coach of the year award to prove it. He followed that up by taking his team to the super bowl the following season.

Im beginning to think that you may go through life always wondering if the grass is greener on the other side as you arent happy with any coach or management running ANY chicago team.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
Who then? Lovie is one of the top coaches in the NFL hands down. Besides the results that he brings, the wins, and also the coaching awards, what else do you need to see to determine that he is one of the best in the NFL. most everyone else involved with the NFL agrees with me and he has a coach of the year award to prove it. He followed that up by taking his team to the super bowl the following season.

Im beginning to think that you may go through life always wondering if the grass is greener on the other side as you arent happy with any coach or management running ANY chicago team.

What part of "he's a good-but-not-great" coach don't you understand? I'm happy enough with him as coach but wish we had someone like Bill Belichick. I'd take a few others over him as well. Dungy.

You just can't handle the mildest of criticisms of your lord and savior Chicago sportsmen because anytime anyone criticizes anyone in Chicago you go, "Oh, oh, he's so good, how dare you!"

Jesus Christ, I acknowledge that he's good, say he's not great. Agree to disagree and leave it alone.

(PS: Coach of the Year doesn't mean he's acknowledged as one of the best. People understand he is one of the better coaches in football but Coach of the Year doesn't mean you're one of the best. Just that you deserved it for being good when you werne't expected to be or for taking your team further than some thought it would go.)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 12:58 PM)
What part of "he's a good-but-not-great" coach don't you understand? I'm happy enough with him as coach but wish we had someone like Bill Belichick. I'd take a few others over him as well. Dungy.

You just can't handle the mildest of criticisms of your lord and savior Chicago sportsmen because anytime anyone criticizes anyone in Chicago you go, "Oh, oh, he's so good, how dare you!"

Jesus Christ, I acknowledge that he's good, say he's not great. Agree to disagree and leave it alone.

(PS: Coach of the Year doesn't mean he's acknowledged as one of the best. People understand he is one of the better coaches in football but Coach of the Year doesn't mean you're one of the best. Just that you deserved it for being good when you werne't expected to be or for taking your team further than some thought it would go.)

Hahahaha. Leave it to you to say agree to disagree when all you ever do is disagree with everything said on this site. You arent happy with any coach, gm or owners of any team in chicago. No coach is considered great unless they are in another city. We can agree to disagree if you like. But there arent many people who are familiar with sports that will disagree with Lovie Smith being one of the top coaches in the NFL.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)
Hahahaha. Leave it to you to say agree to disagree when all you ever do is disagree with everything said on this site. You arent happy with any coach, gm or owners of any team in chicago. No coach is considered great unless they are in another city. We can agree to disagree if you like. But there arent many people who are familiar with sports that will disagree with Lovie Smith being one of the top coaches in the NFL.

Did I say he wasn't one of the better or top coaches? I say he's good but not great.

Leave it to you to slurp management here.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:05 PM)

Oh, and I think Scott Skiles is a great coach. Ozzie, too, but all I ever do is hate everybody in Chciago1111

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)

Give me a break.

Hey, that's just Rock being Rock. :D

Lovie is the most successful coach from the Dungy tree (thus far, anyway), but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Top 10 coach in the NFL. He just happens to work with the most brilliant defensive scout in all of football. Meatheads will point to the W/L record, no doubt, but in the end, dude is just not of the Belichick/Billick/Shanahan/Dungy/Gibbs/Reid/Fox/etc caliber.

I have love for Lovie, though. While he might have some Dusty-like qualities, his football philosophy is sound, and he's excellent with young players.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 01:10 PM)
Hey, that's just Rock being Rock. :D

Lovie is the most successful coach from the Dungy tree (thus far, anyway), but I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Top 10 coach in the NFL. He just happens to work with the most brilliant defensive scout in all of football. Meatheads will point to the W/L record, no doubt, but in the end, dude is just not of the Belichick/Billick/Shanahan/Dungy/Gibbs/Reid/Fox/etc caliber.

I have love for Lovie, though. While he might have some Dusty-like qualities, his football philosophy is sound, and he's excellent with young players.

WHAT DOES HE NEED TO DO TO PROVE HE'S A TOP ONE OR TWO COACH TO YOU?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2007 -> 02:39 PM)
Pratt is the biggest Ozzie fan I know.

Yeah. I love Ozzie. I've even compared him to LaRussa in the best way, rather than the worst. I defend just about everything about him that's defensible, and I've bashed his moves here and there, when I feel they're warranted. I've raised Qs about him. I don't blindly support him. But I love Ozzie, man, he's awesome.

Guess I only like John Schuerholz and Bill Belichick. You know, for all the s*** I get for Schuerholz, and will get for Belichick, I am usually the first and most ardent defender of Ozzie when someone says, "Dumb move" and I pop in and say, "Not really." I've always been the first to defend him from the "HE HATES YOUNG PLAYERS!" nonsense. But hey...saying Lovie is good-not-great, man, what the f***? I hate Chicago. I may as well be Mariotti.