AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!

SoxFan1

I don't care that we're not going anywhere this season, I hope we sweep Boston. I know too many of their smug fans who I really want to see squirm a bit as their division lead shrinks and shrinks. Tomorrow is huge -- Beckett starts tomorrow, right? -- if we win against Beckett, I think a sweep is possible.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
The fuse has been lit since the break. 4-4 thus far. :o

They should be about 7-1 though. But I could say that about a lot of games this season. This team just plays bad baseball, because they have had so many games that they pretty much threw away (with stupid base-running, a horrid pen, and terrible defense).

All that is without even factoring in what was an anemic offense.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 12:47 AM)
Paulie is making a bid to become one of the top five players in White Sox history.

Frank is No. 1.

IMO, Frank lost the chance to become a Sox great when he refused to participate in the spring training shuttle run.

WOW. Bukvich came into the game, and I was ready to curse Ozzie, turn the game off, and deem it as surely another destined f***-up. I'm amazed (and happy) that I was wrong.

And wow, for the first time, I'm actually a fan of Javier. Maybe he's finally figured it all out.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 19, 2007 -> 11:41 PM)
I don't care that we're not going anywhere this season, I hope we sweep Boston. I know too many of their smug fans who I really want to see squirm a bit as their division lead shrinks and shrinks. Tomorrow is huge -- Beckett starts tomorrow, right? -- if we win against Beckett, I think a sweep is possible.

Squirm a bit? Hah! You don't know Boston fans then. You should take a peek at the game thread from last night on Sons of Sam Horn. I've never seen some of the things that I saw there a few hours ago...(well, other than our August and September meltdowns in 05' :P )

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 01:04 AM)
IMO, Frank lost the chance to become a Sox great when he refused to participate in the spring training shuttle run.

LOL, what the heck would that have to do with him being a Sox great?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 12:28 PM)
LOL, what the heck would that have to do with him being a Sox great?

I thought Shoota's post was mistakenly not in green. A shuttle run prevents Frank from being in the top 5 in Sox history?!? :lolhitting

Hey Shoota, check out next Friday's game when the Blue Jays come in. 35000+ will let you know otherwise when Frank strides to the plate :headbang

And way to go Sox! Take 3 of 4 from Boston and .500 is within reach then!